• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends | Come join Gummb Luther King Jr.'s Social Movement | Info Inside

zoukka

No, he does not. People who wanted to buy the game, buy the game regardless. This is not the first delay that ever happened. It just hurt some people´s feeling that RL is going mulltiplatform.

So it's impossible to be pissed when a game is delayed 7 months in a 3 weeks notice from launch date? You seem kinda strict here...

jet1911

So you were only going to buy it because it was a WiiU exclusive?

It´s so fucking hilarious that people say fuck Ubisoft i won´t buy the game anymore because it became multiplatform.

More like I was going to buy it because right now there's no games to play anywhere. Come septembre the situation will be different. GTA, sports games, next gen consoles 2 months away... Money will go elsewhere.

jonno394

No, he does not. People who wanted to buy the game, buy the game regardless. This is not the first delay that ever happened. It just hurt some people´s feeling that RL is going mulltiplatform.

Multiplatform is not the issue, sure for some it may well be, but for me, and quite a few people in this thread, the issue is that Rayman was never a must have, it was being picked up as something to actually play during the Jan-March slowness.

By the time September comes there will be plenty of big games coming out across numerous platforms, as RL was never a must have for those individuals (myself included), my moeny will be going on things that are must haves ie GTA V

Rand6

GTAV coming September 17th

Now say late August this year Rockstar says it will delay the PS360 versions 7 months so they can launch the Wii U version at the same time.

Not for PS4 or any Next Gen or PC no the delay is just for the Wii U port but the game is finished.

the same adult men who are calling us silly for wanting Ubisoft to release Rayman Legends as promised would be posting very angry rage all over the net.

So please shut up and allow people to ask Ubisoft for what they care about.

This is getting ridiculous.
Now Rayman is as big as GTA? You should have taken a smaller game, like DMC this month.
The game is still coming to the Wii U.

If I end up buying it, I'll buy it used and and then resell it so Ubisoft loses another sale. I don't feel like begging them to release it. Don't want my money? Don't take it. Very simple.

I will say that the only thing more entertaining in this thread than the drama about the game are the "hardcore gamerz" falling over themselves to act superior and out down anyone who cares about the delay. You'd all be cycling your periods together if GTA IV was delayed for seven months, three weeks before release so the "I'm better than you because I don't care" schtick is as transparent as Saran Wrap.

-PXG-

They are doing the simultaneous launch so they can maximize marketing effect. Delays happen and it's not even a long one.

This is the only justification I can think of. Ubisoft delayed all versions on order to consolidate marketing. For them, it's a waste to create advertising for the Wii U version, and then have to do it all over again in September for the systems. It would arguably be too costly and be more work to create two separate ad campaigns.

I get that, but it's still shitty for us and devs, to delay a game that's already done.

DaBuddaDa

Multiplatform is not the issue, sure for some it may well be, but for me, and quite a few people in this thread, the issue is that Rayman was never a must have, it was being picked up as something to actually play during the Jan-March slowness.

By the time September comes there will be plenty of big games coming out across numerous platforms, as RL was never a must have for those individuals (myself included), my moeny will be going on things that are must haves ie GTA V

March is as jammed as September is at this point, I don't know what you're talking about when you imply "the slow months of February and March."

You're so delusional if you think people aren't buying this anymore because it's multiplatform.

It has nothing to do with it being multiplatform. By the time in releases in September, the biggest games of the year will be coming out, and Rayman will get lost in the shuffle.

The one who is delusional is you because you convinced yourself that people won´t buy it because of the delay instead of it becoming multiplatform. Point in case

Rayman Legends had the potential to become a big Wii U hit by Wii U standards, as well, for the starved Wii U owners. It wouldn't have sold ridiculous Mario levels, but I could see it selling over 100k altogether for its first couple of weeks (which sure as shit was better than Origins) if it had decent marketing.
That´s what you and others are butthurt about.
Now the Wii U version is fucked, as well as the PS3/360 versions. Getting released around the time Nintendo's products are coming out, along with the holiday rush?

Fucking unbelievably stupid.
Yeah, sure. Predict how the game will turn out on the PS360 and the WiiU even before seeing it. Your whole post reads as butthurt over the losing over an exclusive.

More like I was going to buy it because right now there's no games to play anywhere. Come septembre the situation will be different. GTA, sports games, next gen consoles 2 months away... Money will go elsewhere.

Yep, pretty much.

I laugh when everyone keeps yelling out "You're mad that it's multiplatform!" Which makes no sense at all considering I have every platform (unfortunately I am playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 right now, RIP me)

If this game was coming out on all three consoles in over two weeks, but then was delayed until September for whatever reason (PC version?), I'd still be annoyed.

It's the delay a mere two weeks before release that's the shitty part.

Meesh

I support this... But I just don't see Ubisoft giving a shit. It's a business descision (right or wrong) and I don't think they'll back down. I've spammed their Facebook, sent emails, the reality is grim so I think if anyone is serious about this they'll boycott Raman or even future Ubi games. Vote with your wallet. The reasons are obvious, whether anyone agrees or not. The game is finished, but won't launch for another 6/7 months untill the ports are ready, the fans who would've bought Rayman (myself) are moving on to other games at that time. From what I can tell the devs aren't happy about it either, working long hours to meet a deadline that didn't exist, and it seems Nintendo is screwed out of a exclusive which are far and few between, timed or not. It's bad PR all around, and it would do well for them to get the message, as consumers we have a choice and that's what this ultimately boils down to.

This. The rage isn't about fanboyism, EVERYONE knows that Ubisoft ports Rayman everywhere sooner or later, but people already had their wallets ready, the devs had their game ready and then the suits delay it for over half a fucking year. When there's going to be lots of other shit on every platform stealing this game's spotlight anyway.

I'm a little out of the loop but how do we know it was for "no good reason"?

I'm guessing they were tracking some scary bomba numbers and decided to wait till the fan base was bigger.

This is getting ridiculous.
Now Rayman is as big as GTA? You should have taken a smaller game, like DMC this month.
The game is still coming to the Wii U.

"Big" has nothing to do with it. I don't play games because they're "big," I play them because I want to and because I'm interested.

If someone is as interested in this game as others are in GTA, then this is as big a deal to him/her than a GTA release would be to others.

The one who is delusional is you because you convinced yourself that people won´t buy it because of the delay instead of it becoming multiplatform. Point in case

Yeah, sure. Predict how the game will turn out on the PS360 and the WiiU even before seeing it. Your whole post reads as butthurt over the losing over an exclusive.

Oh wow.

Can't stop laughing, holy shit.

jonno394

March is as jammed as September is at this point, I don't know what you're talking about when you say "the slow month of March."

*Traditionally slow month, plus wasnt RL originally pencilled in for feb, my argument remains. I'd buy in feb/march, wont buy in the autumn/winter months when everything, potentially including new consoles, will be right round the corner.

enewtabie

I can understand the anger. I was looking forward to it too. Some of the comments are pretty funny on here. Some of the same people complaining about the thread would have a fit if say GOW Judgement was being pushed to October(or any other example). Maybe Ubi will rethink it and release it. I don't think anybody really cares if it goes multiplatform,but if it's finished and it seems that it's at the end,then it should come out. The game is probably going to suffer some in Sept.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
As shitty and moronic as Ubisoft's decision here is, I don't think a barren Wii U release schedule is their burden to carry. They're worthy of scorn for this delay whether we were drowning in Wii U games or not, but this seems less about "we want to play Rayman right fucking now" and more about "now I can't justify my ill-advised £300 purchase".

Get mad about the fucking developers who are getting screwed over. Montpelier deserve better than to release when GTAV is clogging the channels.

It will appear to be different things to different people. Some are angry that Ubisoft waited until 2 weeks before release to announce a 7 month delay for a game that is complete. Some are angry because the developers have stated their anger. Some are even angry that Ubisoft decided to release an exclusive demo to the Wii U.

However, to state that you know the reality of why people are angry and then discourage those people via this thread based on your own understanding is wrong, in my opinion.

Those who are claiming that this is "laughable" or an "overreaction," are simply using terms of ridicule to stifle conversation rather than seriously considering the elements of discussion here.

If those types of comments were/are directly pointed at me, my response is simply that I am providing information to those who are interested and desire a conversation about the implications of Ubisoft's actions toward Wii U owners and Nintendo fans. I overestimated NeoGAF's ability to consider others.

So it's impossible to be pissed when a game is delayed 7 months in a 3 weeks notice from launch date? You seem kinda strict here...

Of course people get pissed over a delay but the overreaction, and fuck Ubisoft, i won´t buy the game anymore seems like an extreme overreaction.

I mean no game company is infallible, but to excoriate them as stupid and say it's bad business? It's not like the decision was made on a whim, and for no reason.

Remove emotion from the equation and I am sure many will have a different opinion of the matter.

The biggest 3rd party game last year, Black Ops 2, sold less than 75k on the Wii U for November & December combined.
Skylanders Giants Wii U sold less than that!
If people would've supported the games that are available right now, then Rayman would never have been delayed in the first place & 3rd parties would be announcing more games for the Wii U.

The biggest 3rd party game last year, Black Ops 2, sold less than 75k on the Wii U for November & December combined.
Skylanders Giants Wii U sold less than that!
If people would've supported the games that are available right now, then Rayman would never have been delayed in the first place & 3rd parties would be announcing more games for the Wii U.

Yeah! It's all the consumer's fault!

You sound more butthurt than Wii U owners right now. lol

Metal Gear Rising is out in a week. Fire Emblem Awakening just came out in the States. Sly Cooper just came out everywhere. Dead Space 3 too. And DmC, and The Cave. Antichamber and No Time To Explain are both amazing games and just came out on Steam.

There's always games to play. Rayman Legends is likely better than most of those games, but if your excuse here is "I wanted to play it because no games are out" then, well, you're wrong. If none of those interest you, however...

It will appear to be different things to different people. Some are angry that Ubisoft waited until 2 weeks before release to announce a 7 month delay for a game that is complete. Some are angry because the developers have stated their anger. Some are even angry that Ubisoft decided to release an exclusive demo to the Wii U.

However, to state that you know the reality of why people are angry and then discourage those people via this thread based on your own understanding is wrong, in my opinion.

I don't state to know anything, I'm just guessing. I think it seems likely. I'm not tarring people with the same brush. Those first two reasons? Super legitimate! But that's not how the OP reads.

Boogybro

I mean no game company is infallible, but to excoriate them as stupid and say it's bad business? It's not like the decision was made on a whim, and for no reason.

Remove emotion from the equation and I am sure many will have a different opinion of the matter.

For the life of me, I can't see any good that could come out of this decision to delay it 7 months.

Metal Gear Rising is out in a week. Fire Emblem Awakening just came out in the States. Sly Cooper just came out everywhere. Dead Space 3 too. And DmC, and The Cave. Antichamber and No Time To Explain are both amazing games and just came out on Steam.

There's always games to play. Rayman Legends is likely better than most of those games, but if your excuse here is "I wanted to play it because no games are out" then, well, you're wrong. If none of those interest you, however...

How many of those games are out for the Wii U?

DaBuddaDa

Let alone Crysis 3, SimCity, Etrian Odyssey IV, Tomb Raider, MLB 13, StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, God of War, Gears of War, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bioshock Infinite...

I bet this Feb/March is more packed than September will be.

jay

It doesn't mean the claim is correct right now, but if enough people who were interested in it don't buy it, then it was bad business.

Honey Bunny

Yep, pretty much.

I laugh when everyone keeps yelling out "You're mad that it's multiplatform!" Which makes no sense at all considering I have every platform (unfortunately I am playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 right now, RIP me)

If this game was coming out on all three consoles in over two weeks, but then was delayed until September for whatever reason (PC version?), I'd still be annoyed.

It's the delay a mere two weeks before release that's the shitty part.

Do you not wonder why they chose to delay it?

Maybe something like, they looked at the preorder numbers and were all: "Oh shit! We're fucked!"

Or rather "Ah merde! On s'est fait baiser!"

Gummb

This conversation has become manipulated and distorted. I apologize to those who care about the Rayman Legends delay that I created this topic. I am leaving for the day, but if mods feel the desire to close this thread, I would not care as it's only continuing the normative and largely misinformed discourse pointed toward Wii U owners. Again, I apologize. I did not anticipate this.

For the life of me, I can't see any good that could come out of this decision to delay it 7 months.

Like someone else pointed out, two of the biggest games, during the launch and holiday rush, couldn't sell diddly-squat.

Rayman, whatever you think of its quality, is not a "big" name. If you don't think expanding the potential base from 2 million to 150 million is a good business idea, I don't know what to tell you.

jet1911

Already got DmC on Steam :p

But yeah I was more interested in Rayman than in those games you list. I'll just have to play games in my backlog instead.

jonno394

Let alone Crysis 3, SimCity, Etrian Odyssey IV, Tomb Raider, MLB 13, StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, God of War, Gears of War, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bioshock Infinite...

I bet this Feb/March is more packed than September will be.

It's all based on what exactly is a must have title. There are no must have titles for me in the period Jan-March, the period sept-dec will be full of countless must haves for me. RL was being picked up to ensure my Wii U wasn't alredy collecting dust.

Therefore RL will no longer be something I will buy in september due to the fact that there will be at least one 50+ hour demanding game being released that I will play the shit out of.

Boogybro

Like someone else pointed out, two of the biggest games, during the launch and holiday rush, couldn't sell diddly-squat.

Rayman, whatever you think of its quality, is not a "big" name. If you don't think expanding the potential base from 2 million to 150 million is a good business idea, I don't know what to tell you.

You're talking about it going multiplatform, I never mentioned that at all.

Again, the 7 month delay.

It doesn't mean the claim is correct right now, but if enough people who were interested in it don't buy it, then it was bad business.

Their decision to not tie their hopes to a system that has not supported bigger 3rd party franchises at all and open it up to the 150ish million (who knows how much overlap there is) who own a PS3/360 is the very definition of smart business.

Ok, I understand how people can make fun of a thread like that.
Of course, it's a damn video game. Of course, there are out there more severe issues that need people to be involved and take action.
Anyway it's obvious that the complaints won't change anything in Ubi's plans.

However, when, as a consumer, you are treated like dick, it's natural to inform the company which behave that way that you are not happy. It's not a matter of life and death. It's totally futile. Organizing unhappy people is more efficient. And perhaps Ubi will suffer in its image. Just a little bit would be enough. Then life will go on. It's not their first time with this kind of shit and it's certainly not the last.

I am more concerned by poverty and the growing gap between the rich and the poor. I think that environmental issues are far more severe and worrying than what most people think. But today I'm pissed at Ubisoft. let them know that, it doesn't cost much.

eXistor

Signed. Don't care that it's multi platform, it's just a big FU to the devs (who worked hard to finish the game by february), Nintendo (who were promised exclusivity) and us (I want to play the game that has been promised to me).

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Rayman Legends had the potential to become a big Wii U hit by Wii U standards, as well, for the starved Wii U owners. It wouldn't have sold ridiculous Mario levels, but I could see it selling over 100k altogether for its first couple of weeks (which sure as shit was better than Origins) if it had decent marketing.

Now the Wii U version is fucked, as well as the PS3/360 versions. Getting released around the time Nintendo's products are coming out, along with the holiday rush?

Fucking unbelievably stupid.

Yeah. I agree with this. I'm boycotting this game if it's delayed until Sept.

Signed. Don't care that it's multi platform, it's just a big FU to the devs (who worked hard to finish the game by february), Nintendo (who were promised exclusivity) and us (I want to play the game that has been promised to me).

I never saw any promises. I did see it had not been announced for other systems as of yet.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

You can start by asking yourself why releasing the game as originally planned (at 0 install base) would negate the benefits of whatever gargantuan install base it gets released to in September.

Gummb

Wow, I hope more are able to enter this thread and find it useful.

Meesh

I'm not sure you understand. No ones arguing whether they should release on PS360 or not, a multiplat launch makes sense for Rayman. But to intentionally delay the finished game for 7 months when there are many that would like to support Ubi now doesn't make sense IMO.

This conversation has become manipulated and distorted. I apologize to those who care about the Rayman Legends delay that I created this topic. I am leaving for the day, but if mods feel the desire to close this thread, I would not care as it's only continuing the normative and largely misinformed discourse pointed toward Wii U owners. Again, I apologize. I did not anticipate this.

There is a very valid point to this thread, just people joining late game to accuse a community of overreaction when we've already defended our stance in another thread is mucking it up.

The information given is useful, and even if it doesn't have a chance of changing anything, it lets our voices be heard before we can use our wallets say it louder.

Necron

Sometimes I get the feeling as if Ubisoft wants Michel Ancel's games to sell horribly. The release window is once again very questionable... releasing next to GTA 5? Really? Good luck.

I should probably point out that yeah, I signed it, just because all that crunch time the developers went through for fucking nothing is probably the biggest Ubisoft dick move in ages. Well, maybe not as big as the Might and Magic VI stuff, or how they fucked over the Bloody Good Time devs, but close.

Top Bottom