• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: WB is worried about ‘Batman v Superman’, but not because of its quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

Both of these things are the duty of the director.

I'm not sure how any director, even a Speilberg or Scorcese can take a bad script and elevate it...

And the screenplay is indeed pretty good. A far, far better take on the material than Man of Steel, at least. But it still has to survive being shot through the Snyderprism.

Getting Goyer out of there was the best thing they could have done for this film. If they can get a different director for Justice League, they may finally have something great on their hands.

I actually can't think of a director to do something as big scale as this as well as him. However, I would want someone like Affleck taking on the directorial role with him... almost like the personal moments get handed down to him whereas Snyder handles the big epic moments. It'll never happen though.

Senoculum

So much silliness in this thread. With such aplomb, the film will be a success.

How some people can be so cynical then go on to praise fucking Ant-Man makes my head spin. I almost believe some people are happy with the spirit of mediocrity that Marvel and Fox have pushed on us.

It never ends. I'm just glad the general public isn't like the vocal minority here on GAF.

Sarcasm brah. No need to get your red undies in a bunch.

Poe's Law, dude. Rest of the thread looks just like that comment :p

I'm sick and writing on my phone, apologies for not paying attention.

Still, that's absolutely something Snyder could've worked with Goyer on in pre-production or trimmed down on in post with his editor. It's not like Man of Steel was coming in too short.

Snyder is, from what I've heard, much more of a collaborator than anything else. In another life he's a very very happy very very acclaimed cinematographer, but he's a director, which means that he kind of needs to be surrounded by good talent to get the most out of what he's good at. Hopefully, Aflleck and Terrio picked up the slack.

My god it's like people on this site are allergic to fun.

My bad, man.

BvS threads are destroying my sanity.

And the screenplay is indeed pretty good. A far, far better take on the material than Man of Steel, at least. But it still has to survive being shot through the Snyderprism.

Getting Goyer out of there was the best thing they could have done for this film. If they can get a different director for Justice League, they may finally have something great on their hands.

Wait, have you read it?

Sulik2

Have you read the script?

yuraya

All these concern threads make its sound like Snyder really fucking delivered. Can it possibly be better than Watchmen? Can't wait for next month. Haven't been this excited for a movie in a very long time. And its supposedly 2h40m long too. Fuuuu

Soon!

PR_rambo

Banned
TDK Trilogy wasn't anything like the MCU films and made bank.

However , there wasn't Super Jesus, Zucker-Luthor and Teenage Mutant Ninja Doomsday hanging about either. That probably helped.

It remains to be seen whether it'll be good or not but unless Snyder has massively overhauled his directorial style it'll have all the depth of a kiddy pool on a dry day.

a916

TDK Trilogy wasn't anything like the MCU films and made bank.

However , there wasn't Super Jesus, Zucker-Luthor and Teenage Mutant Ninja Doomsday hanging about either. That probably helped.

Two of these things aren't even remotely true... if you think Eisenberg is anything like he was in Social Network then you should go watch it and the trailers again.

Have you read the script?

He's probably just seen the trailer. Normally that would be an insult of the person talking about the movie as if they've seen the whole thing, but this time it's and indictment of that goddamn trailer.

Alls I know is that I'd have much rather seen half of those scenes for the first time when I watched the film. That is the worst example of a trailer giving away the entire move that I've seen since What Lies Beneath.

Poona

Sounds good to me if true. Don't need any easily disposable films one and done, with no real desires for rewatch. Big great expansive lore and world - do it.

Alienous

I could see Batman v Superman dealing with heavy themes. The 'Black Zero' incident isn't exactly being subtle.

But audiences will appreciate a well made film. Captain America: The Winter Soldier dealt with some heavy themes, but it didn't wallow in them.

Instead of a 'deep story' I could see Batman v Superman taking itself too seriously, and I think that might be what is meant. "We made a dour superhero movie again, shit".

"It doesn't suck, you plebs just don't get it"

edit: and beaten

It wasn't made to be watched. Rather, to be encased in a cement truck and cast to the depths of the Marianas trench. Art™

This has got to be the first example of Hollywood executive concern trolling, much less their own product.

I do think they're a little worried about the movie being "heavier" than Marvel stuff, mostly in regards to Superman though. While I'm perfectly fine with different takes on characters, a really dramatic Superman just might not be what audiences want to see.

It wasn't made to be watched. Rather, to be encased in a cement truck and cast to the depths of the Marianas trench. Art™

This has got to be the first example of Hollywood executive concern trolling, much less their own product.

Kevin Smith did it long before, as the Penny Arcade picture shows.

Well they aren't exactly lying when they say Marvel movies require a peanut's level of intelligence to be enjoyed. That's not exactly a bad thing though

kewlmyc

That's hilarious. I'm now relooking forward to this Oscar worthy story of three superheroes fighting a space monster.

MisterHero

Either Superman or Batman will die and will be replaced by either Dick Grayson or 20,000-year-old Kara Zor-El

Doomsday's gonna kill someone

HoodWinked

Gold Member
it may come of condescending but seems like people are getting upset cause they're talking frankly. there is a precedent for it look at watchmen there were many people couldnt follow the plot but those who could enjoyed it alot.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Batman on Film is a clickbait peddling site, nothing to see here.

That's not batman on film, that's batman-news. some other site, people already posted what was really said in the original report by batman-on-film that this article uses as source.

Bronx-Man

Banned
deep story

oscar winner

fu

cking

he

ll
pzOu7Gm.jpg

If it were true, considering so many people were too stupid to understand clear plot points and story progression in Man of Steel, I can understand their concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom