• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: WB is worried about ‘Batman v Superman’, but not because of its quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol this seems like some pr company for WB found lemons and decided to make lemonade.

But...

But it's not WB and...

Y'know what, fuck it.

Literally days after Deadpool shocks the world by offering up an irreverant experience skewering how seriously superhero movies take themselves, we get word that WB believes BvS is simply too deep and too cerebral for audiences to understand.

L-o-fucking-l.

Magwik

Banned
Literally days after Deadpool shocks the world by offering up an irreverant experience skewering how seriously superhero movies take themselves, we get word that WB believes BvS is simply too deep and too cerebral for audiences to understand.

L-o-fucking-l.
I also just got word that Bronx-Man can't read threads properly

Ahasverus

L-o-fucking-l.
Thanks for posting three times in a thread without reading the op. Also, yeah variety is bad.

Y'know what?

No.

I don't believe it any more.

Y'all trolling, got called out on it, and this is your weak-ass rebuttal.

"No guys, I totally read the OP, I'm just kidiiiiing"

yep

9-Grandmas-Boy-quotes.gif

213372bu

Banned
Fuck Man of Steel was the deepest trailer I've ever seen.

If they end up actually developing Superman this time around in a movie crowded with two other superheroes I might just die there in the movie theater.

Ahasverus

This fucking movie is lowering the IQ of humanity as a whole. I swear it. It should be a case of study.

In some sense, it's really getting out the child we all have inside.

Monocle

Well, I sure do hope it has a deep story, because after the trailers I'm expecting very little from the plot.

Are you seriously catching feelings over a damn superhero movie?
Breh you caught so many feelings when ant man was shitted on by Snyder. Hell we are still seeing the aftershock of it in this very thread

Don't act like you're above this nerd stuff. We've all been guilty of it

ReiGun

This fucking movie is lowering the IQ of humanity as a whole. I swear it. It should be a case of study.

What's most amazing is that we're still in the lead up to it. Wait till them first reviews hit.

If you love internet nerd drama, you're gonna FEAST that day.

MisterHero

It's not even the fun way, like asking a group of nerds if Goku could beat up Superman

it's a nightmarish repetition of the same gif and the same shit posts that appeared in every thread regarding this movie

WillyFive

From the trailers, I can't imagine the story being anything deep or complex; rather convoluted.

But Man of Steel is good. Plus it's the best Superman movie that we've gotten period

Not only is it a rather bad movie, it's not even a good Superman movie either.

Slayven

What's most amazing is that we're still in the lead up to it. Wait till them first reviews hit.

It's not even the fun way, like asking a group of nerds if Goku could beat up Superman

it's a nightmarish repetition of the same gif and the same shit posts that appeared in every thread regarding this movie

What if there was a something sucking the joy and merriment out of the movie. A dark presence...A Man in the Dark

A Mandrakk

A vampire of stories.

Salsa

BOF speculates that the mainstream audience is used to the “popcorn” movies that Marvel produces, and won’t respond well to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’s deep story that was written by an Oscar winner.

I seriously laughed out loud

MisterHero

What if there was a something sucking the joy and merriment out of the movie. A dark presence...A Man in the Dark

A Mandrakk

A vampire of stories.
I believe in the Cosmic Armor Superman

invulnerable to fucking EVERYTHING, just so the concept of good can survive

A Mandrakk

A vampire of stories.

Fun fact: I went through it again recently and you could cut the entire Mandrakk portion of Final Crisis out entirely and still have a very very very good event. Possibly a better one.

It's all part of Snyder's plan. Opening shot of Justice League will be Superboy-Prime writing a harsh review on Batman v Superman.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
To doomsday ... or not to doomsday.....

I'll go see Deadpool again instead. Even though there is no oscar winning screenwriter... lol

Hahahhah. mandrakk... the vampire of stories.

I'm dead

ReiGun

Something something rushed something something MoS sucked something something MCU is bland something something Marvel fanboys want this to fail something something persecution complex something something yall sensitive something something

We've been doing this for three years. Three years.

It's all part of Snyder's plan. Opening shot of Justice League will be Superboy-Prime writing a harsh review on Batman v Superman.

If this really happened, Synder would be the GOAT superhero movie director and no one would be able to tell me otherwise.

3N16MA

Banned
First Snyder was a bum who was about to get the boot and now the film is too deep and too good for the dummies to understand.

I love these rumors.

Slayven

like that Liam Neeson movie?
No literally a vampire that literally sucks the fun out of stories
fc2.jpg

Fun fact: I went through it again recently and you could cut the entire Mandrakk portion of Final Crisis out entirely and still have a very very very good event. Possibly a better one.

That is what I always said. I mean they killed him offhanded on one page, yet he was suppose to be a big player.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
While I can believe there is a possibility that Chris Terrio will write something better than the usual crap found in MCU movies, worrying it will be too deep is just too much lol.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Rumors of WB being nervous sounds off to me. You would think they would be all in for BvS.
MoS not being the mega-hit they thought it would be is probably why. It feels weird to hear though since a movie involving Batman & Superman for the first time should be guaranteed to do gangbusters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom