• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 5 [CNN] To boldly go where no one has gone before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Hype level is through the roof.

Will the Don finally falter? Can Tex Cruz-2000 appeal to humans? What about poster boy Rubio, will one of his rehearsed remarks slip past a defense and land for a knockout blow?

And watch out for surprise guest... JOHN KASICH

This Sunday at the city convention center.

Why would they let him speak? A tv show character? Man, The GOP really must think this is some sort of game or sporting event.

I'm imagining it's more like a trailer for the new season will be shown during the commercial breaks, and this is just their way of hyping it up.

rjinaz

Just over 3 hours. Got a steal one some Crown Royal, $11 per bottle so I stocked up. I'm ready to watch the debacle!

rjinaz

Easy there! I gotta work tomorrow!

Ha yeah that's why I don't play a drinking game anymore, I get carried away. I just start drinking things mixed with coke shortly before and during the debates.

Just over 2 hours left people.

Any predictions? Anybody come out on top? I think that for many of them this is their real last chance to make an impression.

Nibiru

Banned
I think Trump is going to get destroyed tonight. Imo he was smooth sailing all the way to the nomination until he said the stupid ban Muslim stuff. It was unnecessary and reckless from a campaign perspective and I truly think that if Cruz and Rubio get a good amount of time tonight and Trump doubles down on Muslims we will alas see a dip in the polls.

I also predict that CNN will be atrocious as usual.

giphy.gif

This is going to be amazing.
Like some sort of tragic comedy.

rjinaz

I really don't see a Trump drop myself. Or at least not anything significant. I mean in my mind Trump has never looked good in any of these debates and yet he still keeps coming up ahead for some reason despite the crazy things coming out of his mouth.

I hope you're right though. I used to entertain the idea that having Trump get the nod would be a good thing because Clinton/Sanders would destroy him, but it's just too dangerous anymore for Muslims or really any minority group.

PBY

Banned
Ha yeah that's why I don't play a drinking game anymore, I get carried away. I just start drinking things mixed with coke shortly before and during the debates.

Just over 2 hours left people.

Any predictions? Anybody come out on top? I think that for many of them this is their real last chance to make an impression.

Feel like this will be the Cruz missile moment. He's ticking up, and feel like he might go after either Trump or Rubio. I can also see el Jebe doing something drastic (read: dumb).

rjinaz

Feel like this will be the Cruz missile moment. He's ticking up, and feel like he might go after either Trump or Rubio. I can also see el Jebe doing something drastic (read: dumb).

I don't know, I mean it really seems like Cruz leaves Trump alone and Trump leaves Cruz alone. Like they formed a Survivor-esque pact that they would team up for the moment until it was either one of them left standing.

Nibiru

Banned

Cruz is smarmy imo. Sometimes I think the less he talks the better lol. He was against the mass surveillance though and I like that.

Sianos

will we find out which government department is the mythical fifth that ted cruz wanted to cut?

or is the department of commerce so bad we need to cut it twice just to be sure?

we probably won't find out on the next episode of gop debate z

rjinaz

Seems kind of strange CNN is interviewing Paul right now right before the debate.

Ugh so Paul is a supporter of, let's not regulate businesses, bad choices will lead to less customers.. Oh wait yeah he's a liberal.

Wilsongt

A GOP thinktank is a dirty, dirty plagiarizer.

9xJNP4X.jpg

This evening on a network not so far away...

It is a time of unrest...

The evil Sith Lord President Barack Obama and his apprentice Darth Hillary have wreaked havoc upon our great nation.

Fortunately there is hope. Four men have emerged to lead the fight and win back the Republic for the people. With whom is the force the strongest? — with Hillary Clinton, Marco Rubio, Donald J. Trump, Barack Obama, Ted Cruz and Dr. Ben Carson.

RPGCrazied

Probably going to be boring this time. I'm sure the GOP is afraid to even go after Trump for his outlandish comments. Even on the ban all Muslims from Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom