• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of man, finished game trailer

Foreign Jackass said:
You've already played this? It looks like an incredibly fast, shoot Sci-Fi "WOO DESTRUCTION" weapons, SCARY FACE monsters FPS, just like Doom 3 was. And I played it. No I didn't play this one, but it looks 10 times faster than HL2. Therefore, it doesn't look like HL2 at all. And I played HL2 to death. So please just shut the hell up insteand of making uninformed idiotic statements.

You really haven't paid much attention to this game have you?

Foreign Jackass said:
You've already played this? It looks like an incredibly fast, shoot Sci-Fi "WOO DESTRUCTION" weapons, SCARY FACE monsters FPS, just like Doom 3 was. And I played it. No I didn't play this one, but it looks 10 times faster than HL2. Therefore, it doesn't look like HL2 at all. And I played HL2 to death. So please just shut the hell up insteand of making uninformed idiotic statements.

Haven't read any Insomniac interviews lately?

Foreign Jackass said:

You shouldn't really offer such advice over being ill-informed. I've played Doom 3 (yes, and Half-Life 2), except with there being monsters, how is this anything like Doom 3 beyond simple superficial details?

This description "It looks like an incredibly fast, shoot Sci-Fi "WOO DESTRUCTION" weapons, SCARY FACE monsters FPS" is so general, it fits many games, just change monsters to soldiers, even more games fit into it.

Doom 3....that's just so so far off with Resistence it's not funny.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Foreign Jackass said:
Since HL2, it's been pretty much as generic as this one. Not to say that I played any single one more than 30 minutes, since they were boring and generic.

Oh, except for Battlefield 2, which kicked all kind of ass. But that was MP, yeah.
Well, as you can see, you've rained on nobody's parade then. You're just picky as hell.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Not meaning to butt into this arguement but even if this game is just doom 3 with half life 2 spiders (which i don't think it is) that is something good for consoler gaming. There are tons of FPS for consoles that really don't do anything new for the genre. I don't mind seeing someone cross half life 2 with doom 3. Could be fun. just think of how doom 3 would have been with half life 2's multiplayer. I would have actually bought the game. haha

Foreign Jackass said:
Ok, did you play it?

I haven't played it but many people have. The game looks run and gun in several videos because its on God mode. You aren't able to play it like that in the final game or else you're going to get put away pretty quickly. Just look at the GameInformer video posted earlier in this thread where at the end the guy tries to run through a bunch of chimera and is killed within around 10secs of when he starts trying. This is nothing like DOOM.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Well, trying to actually find out what the game is like at least would keep foolish comments out the loop.

Seriously Doom 3?!
Ok. Doom 3 in open environments. Or, say, something more like Serious Sam. It looks like an old school FPS, that's all I meant. And these are just boring as hell to me now.

SolidSnakex said:
For those that might not click the GameReactor thread, here's a new Resistance shot

77239gr4122502loal9.jpg

Um, is that realtime? And where can I find the rest of those scans?

SolidSnakex said:
I haven't played it but many people have. The game looks run and gun in several videos because its on God mode. You aren't able to play it like that in the final game or else you're going to get put away pretty quickly. Just look at the GameInformer video posted earlier in this thread where at the end the guy tries to run through a bunch of chimera and is killed within around 10secs of when he starts trying. This is nothing like DOOM.

Then why release a video of it in God mode? If the video is not representative of the gameplay, then don't release it, or then a bunch of picky gamers like me will just say it looks shitty.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Foreign Jackass said:
Ok. Doom 3 in open environments. Or, say, something more like Serious Sam. It looks like an old school FPS, that's all I meant. And these are just boring as hell to me now.

all i am saying to that is don't buy the game then. :) i am not getting a ps3 at launch but when i eventually do pick one up if resistance is cheap buy then or people still play it online then of course i will pick it up. i am just not jumping for joy over it. all though it has caught my attention as of recently.

Foreign Jackass said:
Then why release a video of it in God mode? If the video is not representative of the gameplay, then don't release it, or then a bunch of picky gamers like me will just say it looks shitty.

You gotta get out of this thread before something bad happens.

Also reading Not a Jellyfish's posts made throw up a little bit in my mouth. :(

Foreign Jackass said:

indeed. Releasing god mode videos over and over made this game look like a run and gun shooter. Insominac is run by mentally handicapped people

Doom_Bringer said:
indeed. Releasing god mode videos over and over made this game look like a run and gun shooter. Insominac is run by mentally handicapped people

Now this is the Doom_Bringer I like, the fun one.

Moderation Unlimited said:
Um, is that realtime? And where can I find the rest of those scans?

It looks exactly like the chimera models we've seen up until now, just with nice lighting on it (sort of like that shot of the chimera hovering over a soldier). The other shots are in the GameReactor thread BlimBlim posted. All the other shots are old though.

Foreign Jackass said:

Well one of the devs posted in this thread and said its not exactly interesting to watch characters hiding behind sandbags waiting to get in a shot. Videos that show the game being played without God mode on have started being released though.

Foreign Jackass said:
Really? There is a video in this very thread that is the complete opposite of your "informed opinion". I don't know much about the game, except that apparently cover is vital and it is anything, but run and gun. Maybe you should unlodge your head from your ass, before viewing the videos I'm sure you will have a entirely different perspective.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Having a game run in god mode in vids and demos almost seems like misrepresentation a little bit of the gameplay. I am not saying insomniac meant to do that in anyway but there are some people who might be hoping that it is run and gun or possible like halo (only using as an example of run and gun). Then when they pick it up they really don't like it or it is just too hard for them.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Don't be retarded now.

I am not being retarded. Just look at the 1up show thread where they showed the new build for the first time. People were saying Resistance is a run and gun shooter while Gears of War was a cover shooter. Obviously there is more to both games than that.

dark10x

Just ignore Mr. Jackass. He just stated that he hasn't enjoy any single player FPS games since 2004, afterall. Chances are, the ONLY one he even enjoyed in 04 was Half-Life 2 anyways...sooo...

Videos that show the game being played without God mode on have started being released though.
Have they demonstrated the life system yet? How does it function? This is something which concerns me quite a bit, actually, as the old life pack and/or life station system is something I just don't care for anymore (like random battles in an RPG). Are they using a recharging system?

Doom_Bringer said:
I am not being retarded. Just look at the 1up show thread where they showed the new build for the first time. People were saying Resistance is a run and gun shooter while Gears of War was a cover shooter. Obviously there is more to both games than that.

No, I meant the "Insominac is run by mentally handicapped people" is just so so wrong.

Respect bitches!!

BamYouHaveAids said:
Really? There is a video in this very thread that is the complete opposite of your "informed opinion". I don't know much about the game, except that apparently cover is vital and it is anything, but run and gun. Maybe you should unlodge your head from your ass, before viewing the videos I'm sure you will have a entirely different perspective.

I didn't read the entire freaking thread, I VIEWED THE "FINISHED GAME TRAILER" that was stated in the freaking TOPIC TITLE. God, people are so dumb on this board, I should stay in the OT.

SolidSnakex said:
Well one of the devs posted in this thread and said its not exactly interesting to watch characters hiding behind sandbags waiting to get in a shot. Videos that show the game being played without God mode on have started being released though.

This is so ****ing dumb.

Wollan

dark10x said:
Have they demonstrated the life system yet? How does it function? This is something which concerns me quite a bit, actually, as the old life pack and/or life station system is something I just don't care for anymore (like random battles in an RPG). Are they using a recharging system?

In multiplayer it recharges but in the singleplayer you actually pick up pills or something lookalike. I agree with you that it should be recharging all the way but only for multiplayer it seems.

dark10x

Wollan said:
In multiplayer it recharges but in the singleplayer you actually pick up pills or something lookalike. I agree with you that it should be recharging all the way but only for multiplayer it seems.
F*ck? Seriously?!

I absolutely detest pick-up based life solutions these days (along with health stations). That singular detail may end up having an extremely negative impact on my experience with the game. :(

Wollan said:
Was that video on page 3 from single player? His health recharges in that vid.

Foreign Jackass said:
I didn't read the entire freaking thread, I VIEWED THE "FINISHED GAME TRAILER" that was stated in the freaking TOPIC TITLE. God, people are so dumb on this board, I should stay in the OT.

This is so ****ing dumb.
Calm down there Bipolar Bill. People are dumb for reading a huge 5 page thread before posting?

dark10x said:
F*ck? Seriously?!

I absolutely detest pick-up based life solutions these days (along with health stations). That singular detail may end up having an extremely negative impact on my experience with the game. :(
There you go. You may call me a picky gamer, but you sound picky as well (although I acknowledge pick-up based life solutions aren't really great).

Foreign Jackass said:
There you go. You may call me a picky gamer, but you sound picky as well (although I acknowledge pick-up based life solutions aren't really great).

Bad example
dark10x is incredibly picky about everything.

Wollan

Actually singleplayer might have a combination of pickups and recharge.

Edit: It's clearly evident in that video that the singleplayer has charge up.

dark10x

Foreign Jackass said:
Heh, you're right. I admit it. I'm always picky.

The difference is that I post from my own perspective rather than in general. :p If I had said "Sorry guys, the lack of a recharging life system completely breaks the game and now the game simply sucks. You're all wrong for liking this piece of junk" or something along those lines, that would have been a whole lot worse than "the lack of such a system may have a negative impact on MY experience with the game". I also never make absolute judgements on ANYTHING until I try it myself and form a valid opinion. I can speculate as to whether or not something appeals to me, but I won't completely damn it until I know for certain.

dark10x

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Heck, I think seeing you concede to interest and trying out a FPS at 30 fps is momentous already. :p
Dude, I actually finished Perfect Dark Zero (so very awful, it was) and Prey on XBOX360. Those babies sure as hell aren't 30 fps constant. Just check my achievements on Live and you'll see. :D

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Heck, I think seeing you concede to interest and trying out a FPS at 30 fps is momentous already. :p

If you saw how many 30 fps games dark10x has actually played and enjoyed you may end up questioning where your God is.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Not sure but I think it updated. Before it would only go up to like 1938, goes up to 1947 now.

edit:
einstein making weapons in 1939 lol.

the 1944 explosion clip is cool.

Bad_Boy said:
Not sure but I think it updated. Before it would only go up to like 1938, goes up to 1947 now.

edit:
einstein making weapons in 1939 lol.

the 1944 explosion clip is cool.

yea lol

But the story sounds cool! I wonder who the "runner" is? Can't wait to learn more about him

And UFO's!

Wollan

It's about to happen. Like last time the last slide is the most intriguing. Give me just 5 chapters more damnit. :lol

This is the second time Einstein has been making weapons in a alternative history game. In Red Alert he made the Tesla Coil among other things if I'm not mistaken.

Aisenherz

Banned
Foreign Jackass said:
This is so ****ing dumb.
Yeah folks, let us release a new video of our game for all the Resistance fans out there.
What? A 1 min. video? Ok. But without god mode, so they can see REAL ingame-action!!

...... two days later on the net:
200px-Domenichinoadam_eve.jpg

That's the video. The main-hero, hiding in the dark to reload!

Yeah right. God mode is so ****ing dumb.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Yeah it would be awesome demoing your game to people like that.

"Yeah, if you'll just bear with me, I need to find a health pack, and OH SHIT, lemme just kill these mother ****ers. Ok I died, it will only be a minute folks! I assure you the big spider thing at the end of the demo is really impressive."

The hype would be through the roof.

Insertia

wtf why is anyone comparing this to that POS Doom3? Other then the perspective, nothing in common.

Doom3 was an extremely small scale FPS and in no way compared to Resistance.

Top Bottom