• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of man, finished game trailer

jett

D-Member
Meh, dunno, I'm still waiting to see dozens of soldiers on screen like in the E3 2k5 vid. I'd really like a 40 MP vid. :p

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Wario64 said:
The graphics don't look good at all in that video
alb2hw3cv5.gif

not like you can even tell all that much, the video capture is pretty bad quality.

edit beaten :/

One thing about that video is teh lighting seems to be a filter more than something dynamic. It dont see it change at all during the sequence like regular HDR.

Is it a filter ala MGS4? Blim in this thread still?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Vigo the Carpathian said:
One thing about that video is teh lighting seems to be a filter more than something dynamic. It dont see it change at all during the sequence like regular HDR.

Is it a filter ala MGS4? Blim in this thread still?
I'd say it's a filter, but I haven't seen that game enough to be sure since it was in a closed booth and I saw it running only when passing by.

Blimblim said:
I'd say it's a filter, but I haven't seen that game enough to be sure since it was in a closed booth and I saw it running only when passing by.

Hmm interesting, I would have hoped to see some nice changes with it in motion, it looks pretty nice in screens.

Kittonwy

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
ahh just thought of something. this will be the FIRST good, high budget and exclsuive first party FPS on a Sony Platform.

With Zipper now a part of Sony, this is only the beginning. ~_~

Wollan said:
Socom on the PSP is a great technical achievement.

You probably haven't played Syphon Filter Dar Mirror or Daxter XD DM makes Socom PSP look like a PSOne game...

DM also looks better than a lot of PS2 action games

JMPovoa

There's no denying that this is one great looking game. The animation is fast and crazy (that's a good thing) and the overall graphical effects are great looking, plus lots of things going on at the same time. Looks like COD on steroids.

Definitely one of the PS3's best launch titles.

Wollan

[Talking about Socom PSP] It's not just what you can see, but the features and what happens in the background as well. Having online play that supports 16 player with voice and a feature set that shame many pc shooters is quite impressive.

Kittonwy

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
well they sure as hell didnt do anything with the PSP. Sony Bend FTW people!!!

Well maybe that's because their A team is working on a PS3 project? I'm glad Sony Bend turned the Syphon Filter franchise around though. I wonder if Sony Bend will also be making PS3 games or they will stick to the PSP.

Kittonwy

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
or maybe because they just suck at graphics?

I don't think they suck at graphics though, their PS2 games don't look terrible compared to other FPS games on the platform, it didn't help that a lot of PC FPS games have high-res textures and bump-mapping and the PS2 just wasn't as capable of doing high-res textures and bump-mapping, so the SOCOM games don't look as good in comparison given shooter fans are so used to seeing stuff on the PC. Zipper will probably be better funded now that they're first-party and can hire better artists as well. So don't worry.:)

J-Rzez

Doom_Bringer said:
ahha don't get me started on Zipper! They make ugly looking games

Hey... at least the gameplay is top-notch, and that's all that matters... the games were so much fun to play... the graphics weren't so horrible it took away from the overall package...

Can't wait to see what they have cooked up now though!

antiloop

The user should be the one to decide if he wants to use KB+M or controller IMO..

At least in SP. Even if the game will be too easy that way when it is optimized for the controller. :p

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
i doubt we will see any first party games with mouse and keyboard support.
valve and epic on the other hand, need to get on that STAT!

Chrono

Banned
Wollan said:
Ted Price has updated his blog. NeoGAF mentioned.

http://blogs.ign.com/Ted-Insomniac/2006/10/09/

!!!!

Ratchet & Clank info!

I suppose that what I can tell you is that we’ve been working on both Ratchet & Clank and Resistance concurrently. Hopefully we’ll be able to show you new stuff in a few months. I can also say that Ratchet environments and characters look absolutely beautiful on the PS3.

I guess it's pretty far in development. :)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Doom_Bringer said:
ahh just thought of something. this will be the FIRST good, high budget and exclsuive first party FPS on a Sony Platform.

I like this Doom_Bringer tonight. He's the good one.

Pallaris

Does anyone know (people who've played it at the different events) if this game suffers from any screen tearing issues? Whenever i've seen it being played from an off screen camera - like the gameinformer vid - it looks really smooth even with everything going on but the stuff on gamevideos.com definately has noticable tearing. Maybe its the flash player? I absolutely loath this effect and i'm hoping this doesn't become the norm this generation.

Sorry to rain on your parade, guys, but this game looks boring as hell. Looks like Doom 3 gameplay mixed with some HL2 spider thingies. Looks like a generic FPS. I wouldn't even look at it if it was on PC.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
DenogginizerOS said:
That gameradar vidoe gave me a vibe similar to Criterion's Black. Anyone else?

Hopefully the game isn't like Criterion's Black. Black wasn't exactly great. haha it was ok but in the end I was happy I rented it instead of buying it.

DenogginizerOS said:
That gameradar vidoe gave me a vibe similar to Criterion's Black. Anyone else?
I didn't get that impression at all. It reminded me of CoD2 if anything.

Foreign Jackass said:
Sorry to rain on your parade, guys, but this game looks boring as hell. Looks like Doom 3 gameplay mixed with some HL2 spider thingies. Looks like a generic FPS. I wouldn't even look at it if it was on PC.
That is one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard. Doom 3? Doom3? Please play the games before you make comparisons. If you said Half life 2 that would be fine, but this is on the total opposite spectrum of Doom 3 as far as FPS go.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Foreign Jackass said:
So...do you have a list of single player first person shooters that have been released on the PC over the past couple years that are less generic (starting with 2005)?

BamYouHaveAids said:
That is one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard. Doom 3? Doom3? Please play the games before you make comparisons. If you said Half life 2 that would be fine, but this is on the total opposite spectrum of Doom 3 as far as FPS go.
You've already played this? It looks like an incredibly fast, shoot Sci-Fi "WOO DESTRUCTION" weapons, SCARY FACE monsters FPS, just like Doom 3 was. And I played it. No I didn't play this one, but it looks 10 times faster than HL2. Therefore, it doesn't look like HL2 at all. And I played HL2 to death. So please just shut the hell up insteand of making uninformed idiotic statements.

dark10x said:
So...do you have a list of single player first person shooters that have been released on the PC over the past couple years that are less generic (starting with 2005)?
Since HL2, it's been pretty much as generic as this one. Not to say that I played any single one more than 30 minutes, since they were boring and generic.

Oh, except for Battlefield 2, which kicked all kind of ass. But that was MP, yeah.

Top Bottom