• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rime (PS4) news likely coming "very soon''

Harlequin

Hedge

If I could wait for Versus (which never came out, anyway), I can wait for this.
Now, Wild on the other hand..

Chobel

They filled memory PS4

and were several days until 3 am deleting shit and cutting textures

Either Tequila Works is hilariously incompetent or this is made up bullshit, Unreal Engine supports streaming assets so you don't have to cut/downgrade content.

FerDS

I hate how it being puzzle-focused and not having any combat is being made out to be a negative. I mean, it's possible that the game really is/was boring but I could also imagine that it is/was a genuinely fun puzzle and exploration game but that Sony think that that kind of game doesn't have enough commercial appeal.

Well, Sony doesn't seem to have an issue with puzzle games, as the witness shows...

That is if the rumors are true, though

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.

FerDS

This means nothing. I mean just last year, the makers of Remember Me made the brilliant Life is Strange.

Some random dude spouting nonsense. Hell, the game shows some form of combat (scaring ghosts away with a torch) right there in the very first trailer.

The developers have said the game doesn't have any combat whatsoever

Edit: which btw is fine by me

This means nothing. I mean just last year, the makers of Remember Me made the brilliant Life is Strange.

Some random dude spouting nonsense. Hell, the game shows some form of combat (scaring ghosts away with a torch) right there in the very first trailer.

Combat wasn't great, but it was artistically beautiful and had some cool ideas.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
The developers have said the game doesn't have any combat whatsoever

Edit: which btw is fine by me
Oh, they have? Well then that's a good thing. The worst aspect of ICO was the combat, lol.

redhood56

Banned
I remember a gaffer in a past Rime thread said that those rumors could be false because the Spanish game develop community is pretty toxic could have made them up.

Harlequin

Well, Sony doesn't seem to have an issue with puzzle games, as the witness shows...

That is if the rumors are true, though

Not sure if that's the same situation, though. I mean, I'm not too familiar with The Witness' development but didn't Blow fund a lot of it himself? I'd assume that that would mean he also had more creative freedom over the thing. But yeah, Sony have been relatively open to non-traditional, risky projects so I'm having a hard time believing that they'd have a problem with Rime not having any combat. Perhaps it's just the supposed insider's attitude towards such games shining through in that post of his.

Tankard

But he had 22k posts, must be true

Lol

Not even saying they are not in development hell, just it's ridiculous to trust that person over nothing.

I hate how it being puzzle-focused and not having any combat is being made out to be a negative. I mean, it's possible that the game really is/was boring but I could also imagine that it is/was a genuinely fun puzzle and exploration game but that Sony think that that kind of game doesn't have enough commercial appeal.

With The Witness just releasing as the most recent example, I would like to think this kind of mentally would cease to exist.

FerDS

Not sure if that's the same situation, though. I mean, I'm not too familiar with The Witness' development but didn't Blow fund a lot of it himself? I'd assume that that would mean he also had more creative freedom over the thing. But yeah, Sony have been relatively open to non-traditional, risky projects so I'm having a hard time believing that they'd have a problem with Rime not having any combat. Perhaps it's just the supposed insider's attitude towards such games shining through in that post of his.

I mean, the game was supposed to come out last year and not only it didn't, we saw nothing from it. So I imagine there was some trouble, then again Journey also had a lot of trouble in it's last year, the fact that they (both tequila and sony) seem to be taking the time to do it fells like a good thing

Well im getting The Last Guardian, so that goes on top of my ICO lovelist xD

But Rime did look interesting, so hopefully it lives up to that. Will wait and see.

Guymelef

This literally means nothing. I mean just last year, the makers of Remember Me made the brilliant Life is Strange.

Some random dude spouting nonsense..

Edited

How is nonsense? 2 years and a half since game reveal and people thinks everything was going well?

How is nonsense? 2 years and a half since game reveal and people thinks everything was going well?
Isn't this an indie game? They're not mandated by a publisher to meet certain checklist requirements for some yearlong marketing campaign with CGI trailer -> gameplay trailer -> hands-on demos at events -> preview build -> 2nd gameplay trailer -> pre-release build -> review build -> reviews -> launch trailer -> final release.

stryke

Isn't this an indie game? They're not mandated by a publisher to meet certain checklist requirements for some yearlong marketing campaign with CGI trailer -> gameplay trailer -> hands-on demos at events -> preview build -> 2nd gameplay trailer -> pre-release build -> review build -> reviews -> launch trailer -> final release.

No, it's an SCE title.

Dascu

Actually, they are. Sony-published.

I've heard 'soon' before. Rime is dead until proven otherwise, in my mind. I'd love to see it become real again, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Actually, they are. Sony-published.
Ok so Rime isn't an indie game (or is it if Sony is only helping with marketing but not funding?), I get that. However, many games of such a small scale published by Sony or Microsoft don't follow the typical AAA marketing campaign. They just get developed on for years without a peep and then hype starts like a month before release. That's my point, that we don't really need to see a bunch of stuff about the game when it's still in development and not nearing release.

I have faith to be honest. Sony are one of the better publishers that support their devs in their vision giving them resources and time. I suspect they went back to the drawing board on some aspects to improve the game which is where the time went.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I hope this one turns out ok. Still one of my most anticipated PS4 titles. And it would make sense for this to have no combat. Look at ICO, the weakest link there was always the combat, it was all about the puzzles and exploration. But I guess they'll probably force it in somehow...

Could something happen this week?
epXfZUX.png

Top Bottom