• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Bethesda will announce Skyrim remaster at E3

DOWN

Banned
In on day one. Haven't bothered finishing Fallout 4, which is sad. But I deeply miss Skyrim.

I would also take an Oblivion remake actually. Out of the two I've played IV, and V, I like Oblivion better because of the brighter environment with the beautiful foliage and all that. I also like the oblivion gates.

Plus, it's been a longer time since playing that so I would be more likely to buy that than a Skyrim remake. Morrowind would be the best from what I've heard though.

GhaleonEB

I'd consider double dipping for Skyrim, which was one of my favorite games of last gen (played on 360). I'd want to see some extra features other than just a visual upgrade, though; a good survival mode would do it for me.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Took them long enough, I've been waiting for an announcement ever since they ported over to the XBO for development purposes. I was on PS3 last gen and could never fully enjoy the game because of its performance issues. I'm not a PC gamer so I'd be more than happy to play a remastered version on my PS4.

Pakoe

I've played Skyrim for so many hours on PC, with and without mods.
I'd LOVE a remake of the older games though.

_woLf

As much as this makes sense, this would feel so strange to me personally since my Skyrim on PC has been remastered since 11.11.11.

Mods on consoles would be cool though. But I would much rather have a remake/remaster of Morrowind or Oblivion, personally.

Sulik2

Not this post again...this does not stop the new games from being made. Do you think if this remaster was not a thing a new game would take it's place? It is not how it works.

Its budget time and marketing money that could go towards smaller experimental games or DLC for successful games. Ports aren't your main dev team, but they still take time and resources from someone that I would rather see directed towards new games rather then constant rereleases. This isn't delaying Elders Scrolls six, but maybe it was money that could have gone to single player Doom DLC instead.

I don't fault publishers for wanting an easy buck, I blame the purchasers who buy the same games over and over and reward this behavior. Buy something new and get out of your comfort zone.

shoreu

I'd consider double dipping for Skyrim, which was one of my favorite games of last gen (played on 360). I'd want to see some extra features other than just a visual upgrade, though; a good survival mode would do it for me.

I want a better stealth system. Not knowing if your gonna insta kill someone and the jank of stealth is something that needs to be fixed.

Also make bound weapons better

It was pretty obvious when Bethesda set up Bethesda.net that they were going to do this. I also don't forsee them putting much work into it; probably the latest version off Steam with the Bethesda "high-res" graphics built in (which is hilarious, because the official high-res graphics from Beth are terrible and use more resources than the normal graphics without looking significantly better.)

If they did this to resell Skyrim with "mods enabled" as the sole benefit from the original release, you can expect rampant mod theft of Nexus mods on Bethesda.net, and a whole lot of Skyrim modders exiting the scene due to the drama it will cause. It won't be the death of the Skyrim mod scene, but I would expect to see a significant decline in mod creation for the PC scene.

How so? Mods on bethesda.net don't cost money. I would imagine a lot of Skyrim modders will bring their stuff over themselves if it runs okay on consoles.

StereoVsn

How so? Mods on bethesda.net don't cost money. I would imagine a lot of Skyrim modders will bring their stuff over themselves if it runs okay on consoles.
A lot of Skyrim mods use 3rd party utils like script extender due to engine limitations. If the game was ported to upgraded engine from Fallout 4 then mods would need to be redone as well. If Skyrim wasn't ported then majority of better mods wouldn't work.

Yeah I'd only double-dip on this if mods are there. The game's had almost five years of community support and there's a ton of stuff I'd love to try out.

I've never finished Skyrim and tried playing with mods but then I had so many and then got compatibility issues so I just gave up.

Will buy again maybe.

A lot of Skyrim mods use 3rd party utils like script extender due to engine limitations. If the game was ported to upgraded engine from Fallout 4 then mods would need to be redone as well. If Skyrim wasn't ported then majority of better mods wouldn't work.

Then we wouldn't have to worry about people stealing mods of the Nexus then if they don't work.

I still fail to see how mods on console and Bethesda.net would negatively affect mod makers in any significant way.

Remember there used to be other big sites for elder scrolls mods back in the days of Morrowind and Oblivion as well.

Damn just checked my modded skyrim and I used MO as my mod manager and i have like 200+ mods on there lol ... I use kountervibe too :D so the quality is top notch and stuff although my fps does hover at 50fps ;_;

Unai

And I lot of them don't use any third party tools like extenders, like a huge part of the mods from the workshop.

aku:jiki

Damn just checked my modded skyrim and I used MO as my mod manager and i have like 200+ mods on there lol ... I use kountervibe too :D so the quality is top notch and stuff although my fps does hover at 50fps ;_;
Why did you stop at 200? Running out of space on your SSD or something?

MattyG

Banned
If they actually are adding mods, hopefully Frostfall and other survival mods get ported to consoles.

lol remasters are getting out of control tbh. I don't know if this one is needed.
I've seen this said a lot in here. THIS is the one people are going to call bullshit on? The game that's 5 years old and hasn't aged well on old consoles? Not

• DmC
  • Beyond Two Souls
  • The Last of Us
  • God of War 3
  • Saints Row IV
  • Tomb Raider
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Metro
? (Granted, some people did call bs on some of these, but Skyrim makes more sense for a remaster than almost all of them).

Why did you stop at 200? Running out of space on your SSD or something?
Nah i felt like i got the best graphical mods already and the reat are just replacers with a lot of esp files.. And the game does have a 256 limit if i recall
Also my skyrim directory is already over 100gb of size. Skyrim leg edition without mods is 8gb/10gb :3

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
As much as I loved Skyrim, I'd prefer full steam ahead on elder scrolls 6 myself.

Not being a huge company and not wanting to grow too quickly to become one either, I think that a remaster like this one is essentially part of the next TES game development like the initial internal Xbox One port was for Fallout. Helps with the technology transition, to understand what to reinvent and what to evolve, and brings extra cash which always helps :).

There HAS to be mods right?

With the xbone getting mods for fallout 4, I would think Skyrim remaster would have to have em.

Here's hoping!

gossi

ayxtIKR.jpg

Seik

Banned
I wonder if it'll be full price, like 59,99$ US or something more reasonable.

What am I saying, it's going to be full price.

EYEL1NER

Year? This has been the Remastered generation of gaming!
I've complained about remasters but then I went ahead and bought a bunch. Hell, I have yet to play some of the remasters that I purchased of games that I purchased last gen and didn't play (like Borderlands 2 and Dark Souls 2). I rarely replay games though and replaying the Sleeping Dogs remaster was some of the most fun I have had this gen so far, so I don't know.
I did say it in a day or two ago but if there is a way to import a save from last gen like via the Cloud (can do it via stuff like Castle Crashers, so it should be possible), then I am in for this Day One. I never finished Skyrim.

Top Bottom