• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Elgato HD60 leaked, $179.99 and exclusive to Best Buy

Smokey

So I picked up the new Elgato device a couple days ago for twitch. I read a lot of reviews and somehow I missed the delay problem. Does anyone stream to twitch with this with no problems or should I just return it? I cannot eliminate the audio delay.

i stream to twitch with it..what audio delay are you speaking of? There's a few second delay from whats on my computer screen in the elgato software to when it comes on twitch, but the audio is fine?

Coins

Banned
i stream to twitch with it..what audio delay are you speaking of? There's a few second delay from whats on my computer screen in the elgato software to when it comes on twitch, but the audio is fine?

I have a second and a half delay that it seems many people are experiencing. I say jump, hit the jump button and then a second and a half later Mario jumps on my stream. I read that this is attributed to the USB 2.0.

I have a second and a half delay that it seems many people are experiencing. I say jump, hit the jump button and then a second and a half later Mario jumps on my stream. I read that this is attributed to the USB 2.0.

The Elgato people gave me a bullshit run-around with trying to fix it and it got infuriating. I sold mine because with all of the audio issues and sync problems with recording, using my microphone and other stuff, it just wasn't worth it to me.

Coins

Banned
The Elgato people gave me a bullshit run-around with trying to fix it and it got infuriating. I sold mine because with all of the audio issues and sync problems with recording, using my microphone and other stuff, it just wasn't worth it to me.

What did you end up going with?

Mr Moose

Are you streaming from your Elgato or using something like OBS? You can set a delay to your voice/webcam so it can sync with OBS and ... I forgot the name of the other program.

Xsplit! Damn my memory.

Coins

Banned
Are you streaming from your Elgato or using something like OBS? You can set a delay to your voice/webcam so it can sync with OBS and ... I forgot the name of the other program.

Xsplit! Damn my memory.

I started the elgato software but then tried OBS. Problem happened with both. Im going to mess around with it more tonight but I did already mess with the delays.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Oh man I feel stupid for posting what posted.
8C8QoEE.jpg

I should have known this thread was from last year

What did you end up going with?

I didn't get another capture card since it's almost impossible to perfectly sync up audio with the PS4 due to the audio going through the audio port of the DS4.

My issue was that audio would play back in my ears one second after I said it during recording and it fucked with my speech, but if I turned the audio playback down, I would no longer hear the game, so regardless, it was a lose-lose situation. The Elgato people got me to purchase $30 worth of cords to link up between my headset, DS4 and the Elgato itself, only for the audio quality to be cut completely and severely faded out. After all of that, they admitted that there is nothing that can be done due to how the PS4 audio output is structured.

Plus, don't even get me started on fixing audio sync with livestreaming. That was hell on Earth and I never fully fixed it. It was just waaaaay too many problems for the money I paid for it at launch.

Mr Moose

I started the elgato software but then tried OBS. Problem happened with both. Im going to mess around with it more tonight but I did already mess with the delays.

I just tested with mine, I managed to get it synced with 1600ms for webcam.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

That's just how it is with every USB2.0 device. All you can do is count the time between a button press and things happening onscreen and set the audio delay accordingly. (I have to have mine at around 330ms delay.)

Though if you're doing local recording you shouldn't need to set a delay.

SerTapTap

I didn't get another capture card since it's almost impossible to perfectly sync up audio with the PS4 due to the audio going through the audio port of the DS4.

My issue was that audio would play back in my ears one second after I said it during recording and it fucked with my speech, but if I turned the audio playback down, I would no longer hear the game, so regardless, it was a lose-lose situation. The Elgato people got me to purchase $30 worth of cords to link up between my headset, DS4 and the Elgato itself, only for the audio quality to be cut completely and severely faded out. After all of that, they admitted that there is nothing that can be done due to how the PS4 audio output is structured.

Plus, don't even get me started on fixing audio sync with livestreaming. That was hell on Earth and I never fully fixed it. It was just waaaaay too many problems for the money I paid for it at launch.

Delaying your own mic is just something you're going to have to do, and yeah it's really really annoying. I don't really understand the problem with the DS4 audio though. I use sound wired through my PC to listen to (absolutely NOT the elgato playback, never ever use that) and it syncs perfectly to game action, but the DS4 should be the same.

You get the game audio in sync with the game's visuals by basically ignoring the elgato's video/audio stream entirely, and using OBS to delay your own voice to match the game audio, which is inherently in perfect sync with the video.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Can you make adjustments on the fly or do I need to stop and restart my stream until I get it right?

Stop and restart. Just go to a title screen or something, hit a button and time how long it takes the input to register. That's your delay timing.

Xianghua

Banned
If I don't stream as I only need to take screenshots and videos offline from my PS4 games, should I worry about the lag?

I only have USB 2.0 and average computer.

Is it the best game video/screen capturing device in terms of quality?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
If I don't stream as I only need to take screenshots and videos offline from my PS4 games, should I worry about the lag?

I only have USB 2.0 and average computer.

Is it the best game video/screen capturing device in terms of quality?

They're all pretty similar to be honest. The Live Gamer Portable is more versatile IMO. It supports capture to a memory card as well as hooking it up to a PC.

The Avermedia HD Game Capture 2 may be more appealing if you don't want to stream. It doesn't require a PC for capture and also has a mic port etc for quickie commentary and all that. (Also allows you to upload videos directly from the device.)

You would need to have an external HDD or but a HDD for that thing though.

Coins

Banned
So last night I tried adjusting different delays numerous times in OBS. No matter what I did the audio delay stayed the same. Its almost like the Elgato isn't playing with OBS. Tonight I'm going to try moving three usb to a port on my motherboard instead of the ports on the front of my computer. Then I'll call elgato support. If that doesn't work I guess I'll return it and research another solution. I primarily want to use twitch. Any recommendations?

Returned my elgato, should have known a usb cap card would be a problem. If you have a desktop computer, return it and get an internal cap card.

Mic delay is one thing, but game audio drift over time was something I couldn't excuse. It's not worth the hassle

Returned my elgato, should have known a usb cap card would be a problem. If you have a desktop computer, return it and get an internal cap card.

Mic delay is one thing, but game audio drift over time was something I couldn't excuse. It's not worth the hassle

Is this something I should be concerned about with streaming or is the audio drift when recording locally?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

That actually happens with internal cards as well.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So I picked up the new Elgato device a couple days ago for twitch. I read a lot of reviews and somehow I missed the delay problem. Does anyone stream to twitch with this with no problems or should I just return it? I cannot eliminate the audio delay.

Are you using OBS (read your latest post, nvm)? Ever since update .65, there has been a known issue where elgato cards are having stuttering audio and desynced from the video. Rolling back the software version does not help. This frustrated me until I isolated the issue to only the obs software, considering other programs do not have the audio sync issue.

https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...of-sync-ever-since-todays-update.25619/page-2

If you PM ltroyalshrimp He will be able to give you the beta drivers in order to fix this audio desync issue. I received them from him and my game audio and video are back in sync.

That actually happens with internal cards as well.

really? That's . . . unsettling. I had assumed it had to do with how the Elgato was connected via usb. If that's the case then I'll need to really reconsider streaming consoles.

To clarify, my audio drift with the Elgato happened when streaming. I don't record as I go, so not sure if the problem exists for that feature. Having the game be just a split second ahead of the audio without really knowing was such a pain.

FyreWulff

Audio drift happens due to your computer being unable to keep up with the work. As a poster above said, it can happen with internal cards too. My friends' Mac Pro from 2008 would sometimes drift with an internal Black Magic Intensity but my overbuilt tower (at the time) didn't drift with the same hardware in it.

Streaming is intense work for the computer so you basically have to be able to handle the capture process at full speed ~and~ the streaming process at full speed simultaneously or else buffers will backlog.

I have an issue sometimes I got crazy audio lag. It would happen about 4+ into my stream, about 3 second delay. I have no idea what causes it, btw I am referring to game audio. It hasn't happened in a long time maybe it was a patch. I am using 8gb ram, 4790k, and a 6870. I may have to upgrade my gpu.
Edit: Wow, this is the hd60 thread. I am using the game capture card.

Mystic654

For those who haven't read HD60 S was just announced. One of the more hidden feature of the new HD60 S is it can record uncompressed gameplay footage using a 3rd party program.

DirtyLarry

The elGato made me a hero at work for non gaming purposes.

Long story short the trainers here needed a way to share an iPad screen during Virtual Training. Although there are plenty of Wireless Software solutions in place to allow people to share their iPad on their desktops the requirement was to be able to do so without utilizing wireless (there were a few legit reasons for doing this which can be easily summed up with the phrase our WiFi at work is configured awfully by the IT department), so after some research I proposed the elGato. I did a lunch training session showing the trainers how to use it.
We have been using it ever since to capture and record iPad use for virtual training and has worked pretty damn good for the most part.
Might be time to look into an upgrade though.
For anyone that owns this newer model can you just confirm iPad is still one of the options for supported devices?

Mystic654

finally usb 3.0

The bitrate is still the same as the USB 2.0 version. I was hoping they would raise H.264 bitrate to 60. Masterworks feature is not available for some reason, We do gain no delay.

If this uncompressed is true, It would be a great feature I would use. After reading press release again it's worded oddly. When it comes to uncompressed feature.

Hopefully someone from Elgato will clear things up before the Launch.

Also those who enter Early Access, your HD60 S units will ship out this week.

So basically they're yet again releasing a card that's technically inferior to the Japanese Micomsoft etc. cards released years ago, lol. What are Elgato engineers doing, seriously? Maybe one day they will catch up...

Mystic654

So basically they're yet again releasing a card that's technically inferior to the Japanese Micomsoft etc. cards released years ago, lol. What are Elgato engineers doing, seriously? Maybe one day they will catch up...

You can always go with Elgato HD60 Pro, it is a internal card. Which contains all features of both HD60 and HD60 S + increased Bitrate to 60MBPS within Elgato Software. If you use a 3rd party app like OBS you can set your own custom bitrate.

demonkaze

I have an elgato HD60 and I've found myself needing to get screenshots from a PS3 game but as I understand it, this one doesn't support it. What's the best way to do this using the HD60? I'm assuming I need a splitter, what's the best one to go for?

Mystic654

I have an elgato HD60 and I've found myself needing to get screenshots from a PS3 game but as I understand it, this one doesn't support it. What's the best way to do this using the HD60? I'm assuming I need a splitter, what's the best one to go for?

Just buy a HDMI Splitter from Amazon. Or you could go with an HDFury and install hack firmware on the device which will remove upto HDCP 2.0(HDFury supports upto 4k and highest Color output possible). It's also allot more expensive.

Here is one I use from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007NKOC2W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Top Bottom