• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: leaked Multiplayer Bloodborne details

I love all of this if tree except for no healing if you summon for a boss. That is just straight up brutal, like more brutal than someones arm in your body up to their elbow.

Gorillaz

Becoming a boss for someone else world?
friendlist coop
Becoming a Boss
New Covenants
Becoming a Boss
no healing coop so I don't have to worry about gankers
becoming a boss

i8iGTJj83LeQB.gif

From Godware

edit: if it's real tho is the question

Molemitts

The choice sounds like it might be a kind of covenant thing. Like Choosing between Frampt or Kaathe in Dark Souls. Perhaps, it's choosing between hunting the beasts or becoming a beast. Since we know part of the online PvP will involving hunting other players, who are becoming beasts. This would also fit in with the first comment about covenants too. All pure speculation, though bare that in mind.

valouris

So good if true, sooo good.

Will have to get a PS4 just for this if there are no indications of it coming to Steam.

Yeah, not believing this until we get more info from From or Sony. Why would someone write this in pretty bad English and then go to the effort of choosing an appropriate text and pasting it over this image? Just kind of seems like a made up wishlist.

Bedlam

I love all of this if tree except for no healing if you summon for a boss. That is just straight up brutal, like more brutal than someones arm in your body up to their elbow.

Nope. That's probably my favorite change of them all.

Summoning made boss battles piss-easy, they just weren't fun anymore and over within mere seconds.

atr0cious

If I can co-op with a friend then that may just cement me buying a PS4. The game looks great, but always just like an upported Souls game. The frantic co-op changed everything, and I would really like to do that with a couple friends who were also on the fence about getting the system as well.

Yeah, not believing this until we get more info from From or Sony. Why would someone write this in pretty bad English and then go to the effort of choosing an appropriate text and pasting it over this image? Just kind of seems like a made up wishlist.

The image is from this Bloodborne fan-blog, not the original source, who is said to be the original Project Beast leak. Probably the source is Japanese, hence the bad English.

Personally I think a lot of this fits the theme of the game, and I'm speculating that this is the "Shrine" referred to. Perhaps the player stores his/her heart at the shrine, which can be transfused with the different kinds of blood you've gathered.

cgk83.gif

If any of this is corroborated by the Alpha, it will lend some credibility to the rest.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Becoming a boss for someone else world?
friendlist coop
Becoming a Boss
New Covenants
Becoming a Boss
no healing coop so I don't have to worry about gankers
becoming a boss

i8iGTJj83LeQB.gif

From Godware

edit: if it's real tho is the question

What was Jay and Kanye listening to?

Haven't been following this game cause I wanted to go in blind, but now the name bloodbourne makes a lot of sense!

Also I seem to remember becoming a boss in demons'?

For everyone questioning the grammar: have you ever read item descriptions in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls? Their are many discrepancy.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
"Summon via Friendslist"? What. That breaks the point of the game.

And what is the point of the game if i may ask? Personally i don't mind the new change as long as they put some limitation like enemy scaling or some other stuff.

Calling upon your friendslist and having no way to heal during co-op seems like a fair tradeoff. People are going to party chat too probably.

Though, I hope they disable that.

JayEH

And what is the point of the game if i may ask? Personally i don't mind the new change as long as they put some limitation like enemy scaling or some other stuff.

Originally the idea for summons came from a real life experience Miyazaki had where a bunch of people were helping each other through a snow storm by pushing each other's cars. Since it was a long line of people doing it and it had to keep moving, he never had the chance to thank them.

So with summons, we have strangers helping us out and we don't really get to communicate with them at all. This is a leak so we have to take this with a grain of salt but since this isn't technically a Souls game, I'll give From the benefit of the doubt.

I would REALLY like this to be true. Rather than working for a humanoid (well, with exception to Qualeeg's sister), you work for foul, rotted beasts of pestilence? Sounds perfect~!

I just hope that there are one or two single player covenants this time around. They were not really present in DSII (one was, but it was basically a harder difficulty mode), which disappointed me when I lost internet for a month or so.

Nope. That's probably my favorite change of them all.

Summoning made boss battles piss-easy, they just weren't fun anymore and over within mere seconds.

I could understand reduced healing, a cooldown on consumables, or healing over time, but no healing at all seems really mean.

Top Bottom