• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: leaked Multiplayer Bloodborne details

So pvp would be monster vs man?

Sounds interesting. I'm guessing Dark Souls will remain the duelers choice for pvp if this turns out to be true.

Also bout time they added true co op.

convo

Wait what are you guys talking about?
This list of facts and that graphic was obviously done by some guy who acquired this supposed information through some certain sources but this can't be a straight up copy paste of a PR-document. Are you for real? I would like these thinks to be true though, a hardcore mode where continuing failure leads to permanent demise of the character is really cool.

Conduit

Banned
giphy.gif

Man, i really love that episode! R.I.P. Trigger. :(

Hollow

Reads more like someone's wishlist than actual leaked details.

I'm gonna say this is bullshit until the alpha comes out.

GorillaJu

I highly doubt you can ever fail so much that you lose your character. It'll probably be a choice. Miyazaki has said that he doesn't want players to feel stress over dying, and this would be the ultimate in stress inducing.

I also doubt that it will be a "hardcore mode" you choose when you make a character. Souls games have always put all players in the same position at NG

It sounds interesting. Initially it sounds like something built around the idea of opting out of invasions but still playing online. If that's the case I foresee a situation where good intentions don't live up to expectations (a la Gravelord covenant). But I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, it sounds interesting.

This sounds amazing, but I refuse to get hyped because the foundations of this rumour seem shaky.

Crap, too late, I'm already excited!

Hystzen

Only summoning random people makes the game for me it fun have to see the different play styles and skills other people. Plus DS2 was fun to drag people into your NG++++ and watch them shit themselves if they not on it and get stomped

Atone13

Wow if this is a dream list it's a hell of a good one. Lot's of very cool ideas in there, interesting to see what comes to be.

Hoje0308

Banned
Thank God for this. In Dark Souls II, it felt like boss fights were designed for more than one player (for example, the plethora of gang-like bosses), but summoning others to help made the fights seem far too easy. Perhaps this new feature will add some much needed balance to the co-op side of things.

The way the trailer portrayed the co-op made it look like you could summon friends, so I've been worried about that affecting the tension and difficulty. If true, preventing the use of healing aids during boss fights alleviates all of those concerns.

But introduces a new one, as I have a buddy that is interested in the game that never played the Souls titles. Hooray to me for being his crutch for the first 20 hours!

I love all of this if tree except for no healing if you summon for a boss. That is just straight up brutal, like more brutal than someones arm in your body up to their elbow.

Jesus

Logic tells me that the whole 'no healing consumables' restriction is for summoning friends only and not a blanket restriction on all summons.

If all of this is accurate, it seems Miyazaki is still wanting to maintain that sense of "isolated cooperation", whilst still giving those inclined the option to have a more orthodox co-op experience at a cost.

I'm okay with this. That sense of random, distant help is so important for the atmosphere; a more traditional 'killing shit with my friends' approach just doesn't suit the game tonally in my eyes.

Atone13

Can some one list points can't see the pic

ONLINE:
  • Players will have choice to make early on in the game, their decision will effect multiplayer.
  • Decision to infect blood with to different strain of the sickness. There are rewards for choices but also downsides.
  • Miyazaki-san wants players to feel the fear of having a disease that could consume them, and take their life. This is a hardcore mode for NG like a 'permadeath'. Players must to collect blood for their Heart. If they loose heart strength for too long, the sickness consumes them.
  • Players must collect Blood Vials and Blood Packs to transfuse their heart health at their Shrine.
  • The sickness transforms dead hunters into their worst fear.
  • In NG, you may become a boss later in the game if you collect enough blood to strengthen your heart.
  • You can summon friends via PS4 friendslist
  • You can no longer use consumable item for healing if you summon friend for boss battle.
  • ALPHA will be a co op boss battle, and some simple pvp invasion covenant testing.

COVENANTS:
  • In some covenant, the sickness is very strong and player can choose to 'consume' his own heart. This is a permanent choice and binds a character to the covenant permanently. You become beast, and new controls and attacks open up. Dead hunters will bind to the world when they die, their bodies becoming a regular 'mini beast' boss enemy within the world like Red Phantom from dark souls.
  • Covenant system is not finalized, but some detail I remember. There will be 'huge beasts' in the game. If you defeat them you have a choice to become a host for their strain of the sickness at your Shrine. You must invade other player worlds to collect blood for your beast. In NG, The Beast heart will gets stronger from blood and other players will have to fight much harder to kill it. One beast is a giant spider, another is a giant snake.

Top Bottom