• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoonshik

There wouldn't be a PEGI/ESRB logo on the box unless it came with a game.

Fake.
Not true.

71xaPdwg2sL._SL1500_.jpg

Elios83

No UHD labeling? Wouldn't that be sort of a mistake for Sony not to have it on the Slim? Stupid choice if real.

This might pretty well be a fake and I kinda hope so since September 7th is still a bit far away so it would be boring to have one of the possible surprises spoiled like this.
But I have to say that the design looks pretty real and seems to follow Sony's philosophy in slimlining things.

But the UHD labeling is not a reason to consider this a fake or not.
It's pretty likely that Sony will keep the 4K features Neo exclusives. Microsoft has to stick with the Xbox One until the Scoprio is released.
If Sony wants to sell the Neo they need a clear differentiation with the current PS4.
If they gave the original PS4 UHD BR and 4K videos support they would devalue Neo from the start.
Basic PS4 will be about the cheapest price going forward.

Really dont get why some people call it ugly.

Its just a square box. Calling it simplistic and meh i could understand but there is nothing "ugly" about it.

If anything the giant hole in the Xbox One S makes it look ugly. Here its just a square box.

BigEmil

People meeting him shouldn't be too scared. There's no guns in the UK, since your meeting him at his house there's a chance you can get jumped however. So go as a group not alone

Venom Fox

Banned
People meeting him shouldn't be too scared. There's no guns in the UK, since your meeting him at his house there's a chance you can get jumped however. So go as a group not alone
It's Manchester. Gun crime is a very real thing. Especially the south where I'm from.

The big red flag to me was his refusal to show the box. Even though the gaffer told him it would be alot more valuable if he did.

So im on #teamfake

wapplew

Match the Foxconn leak description from Jun.
Slightly smaller, logo in the center, no light bar.
Which mean another model(Neo) might be true. 3cm thicker.

Venom Fox

Banned
The big red flag to me was his refusal to show the box. Even though the gaffer told him it would be alot more valuable if he did.

So im on #teamfake
That's what's putting me off even trying to get the money and buying it. I'd probably get there and be stabbed to death by 10 guys.

Floody

There is guns in the UK, and they aren't awfully hard to get depending on where you live.

Source: Someone who grew up in a poor area and has had 3 friends shot dead.

I highly doubt Sonys is going to be dumb enough to have a Slim, VR, and the NEO trying to grab shelfspace and customers along with the original PS4.

You also have to realize that if this was in production that model number would be viewable in Sony's public filings.

Venom Fox

Banned
Right. Guys this is a very serious offer. Anyone from Manchester looking to go up and buy it I'll come with and be there as a big scary back up guy.

This might pretty well be a fake and I kinda hope so since September 7th is still a bit far away so it would be boring to have one of the possible surprises spoiled like this.
But I have to say that the design looks pretty real and seems to follow Sony's philosophy in slimlining things.

But the UHD labeling is not a reason to consider this a fake or not.
It's pretty likely that Sony will keep the 4K features Neo exclusives. Microsoft has to stick with the Xbox One until the Scoprio is released.

If Sony wants to sell the Neo they need a clear differentiation with the current PS4.
If they gave the original PS4 UHD BR and 4K videos support they would devalue Neo from the start.
Basic PS4 will be about the cheapest price going forward.

100% agree. Sony and MS situations are not comparable here. Scorpio doesn't come until late 2017, they needed to make an attractive proposition with the S.

In Sony's case, they only need to make the cheapest model possible, and of course it's going to be 500 Go again. All the spotlight will be on the NEO and that's the one who we need all the extra features and all the uncompressed pixels as soon as this fall.

I highly doubt Sonys is going to be dumb enough to have a Slim, VR, and the NEO trying to grab shelfspace and customers along with the original PS4.

You also have to realize that if this was in production that model number would be viewable in Sony's public filings.
The slim would replace the original PS4 tho.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sony is gonna announce this at the PlayStation Meeting and pull a "IT'S OUT NOW" thing, aren't they?

artsi

Slim would be the normal PS4, and replace the fat one.

Xenoflare

100% agree. Sony and MS situations are not comparable here. Scorpio doesn't come until late 2017, they needed to make an attractive proposition with the S.

In Sony's case, they only need to make the cheapest model possible, and of course it's going to be 500 Go again. All the spotlight will be on the NEO and that's the one who we need all the extra features and all the uncompressed pixels as soon as this fall.

All they need is to make this $249 at 500G to make it a powerful offering against the one s

Explain One S and scropio then

Edit: oh wait you are talking about shelf space, excuse me but yeah it does seem a bit flooded at the moment. The PS4 OG might undergo a fire sale of that's the case

Look. You aren't going to get jacked over a PS4. Not because there isnt gun crime or criminals willing to jack some over these kind of things but simply nobody is going to these elaborate lengths to lick a raise.

They would just advertise a regular PS4 cheap on gumtree.

Nobody is spending hours in Photoshop over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom