• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEmil

If this is real I'm disappointed. I would like to buy a new PS4, other than PS4Neo, but it would absolutely need to be at least 1TB.

So, if real, what are they doing? 500GB still isn't enough. It wasn't at launch, it isn't now.
Well it being 500GB will allow it to be cheaper and also easier for you just to swap it with a 2TB hard drive and use that spare 500GB drive for anything you want.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
The Xbox One S is replacing the launch models (that's why so many places were doing fire sales before August). Once those systems are gone, the S will be the base model. Just like the PS4 Slim will be replacing the normal PS4, except for some reason Sony didn't give it 4K support.

Presumably they have done their research and found that the people buying the budget version of a console 3 years after it originally launched aren't the same people that care about 4K.

Probably the same reason they are only putting in 500GB. It's probably the people that are buying most games on disc.

Everything about this console is about them being able to win on price.

The 2015 fake is completely unrelated. Can't you see there is a difference in the design? Box has curved edges. 2015 fake is all hard edged.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Not sure what to make of this.

The PS3 slim leak was pretty shady, initially, and turned out to be real.

Then you have things like the NX faked leak that seemed very credible.

Hard to know these days. A box would be easier to fake than a console.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If it is real, it seems smaller than I'd have expected from the controller and console are 1:1. Though the angle of the photo might be flattering it's size.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
No 4K support confirm? Base on the box?
That doesn't sound like good idea going against Xbox one S,

i think its just to get a significant price cut going, if it is real. They want to save all their 4K enhancement features for NEO i guess.

But i don't think a slim is a good idea even so with NEO coming

Venom Fox

Banned
S9JOxNeh.jpg

LordofPwn

#teamIntrigued

Skeptical points:
  • random user leak
  • just the box
  • not the first time someone has tried to send fake images of sony products to Colin & Greg
  • i've seen very impressive fakes before that featured hardware

Plausible points:
  • anything can happen
  • i think it looks cool
  • person is atleast aware of packaging design
  • subtlty

I'll believe it when Kotaku says it's real

Edit: i type slow... That pic looks real. and it looks sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom