• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeopower6

Hm, well, Jinkx didn't really blossom until later so I imagine they are reusing that for a their frontrunners this time around. This is comparing it to last season where Bianca was pretty much a frontrunner from the first episode she was in.

Pearl is getting a lot of talking head [commentary] segments so I think that's a good sign for her. On the other hand, MAX has gotten like zero so she could get Ivy Winters'd up. It is possible that they will feature her more after some other queens leave however.

I really don't know if I can see Miss Fame getting past the usual time that beauty queens get eliminated. You just KNOW she's gonna bomb the comedy challenge if/when she gets there. And don't forget about the singing one... for her to have zero acting/performance experience doesn't bode well for her chances in the race.

Oh oh, and as far as Pearl's participation in the video, she did the dance segment about safety with Miss Fame. And her outfits for the runway were the black headphone look for Fall and the creamy fur lace thing for "Spring".

cory64

No room for Max's measured commentary, they gotta fit in more clips of Jaidynn attempting to caption her own gifs in real time.

Hashtag You're Not My Real Jujubee And You Never Will Be

zeopower6

No room for Max's measured commentary, they gotta fit in more clips of Jaidynn attempting to caption her own gifs in real time.

Hashtag You're Not My Real Jujubee And You Never Will Be

At this point, the heads we see most are:
Katya
Jaidynn
Ginger
Jasmine
Violet (maybe when she has bitchy things to say)

2 of these girls will probably be going really soon, lol.

And is it just me or is Mrs. Kasha Davis like... literally invisible so far?

KiN0

At this point, the heads we see most are:
Katya
Jaidynn
Ginger
Jasmine
Violet (maybe when she has bitchy things to say)

2 of these girls will probably be going really soon, lol.

Tbh I feel like a lot of the queens are floating around in the back.

zeopower6

Tbh I feel like a lot of the queens are floating around in the back.

True. This editing this season is placing the dramallamas ahead first. Probably so people don't get too many hints at their 'top 3'.

One thing is for sure IMO... Violet is probably not gonna win the crown. I really don't think she can with her 'edit'. I mean really with some of her comments? Gurl... please.

mantidor

Max gets a lot of camera, lets be honest.

Mrs Davis is going home next week if we are basing on camera time alone.

I was starting to like Jasmine, but that was nasty, I was completely indifferent to Trixie, but she's growing on me.

So basically I love this show :p Max is my favorite so far but I know she's not winning the crown. At this point the crown isn't really that important, there's been only one queen that truly held that thing
(Raja)
, the others have faded in different degrees. Hell even Bianca, and she's something else, she would have jumped into the spotlight whether she won it or not.

After watching both "Untucked" episodes I will say that certain aspects of Pearls personality are quite charming when she's put in that kind setting, but I still don't like the feeling of aloofness she's giving off.
I'm not "rooting" for her, but right now I wouldn't mind if she goes far.
Plus, her runway outfit from Ep.2 looks pretty fierce; I'm kind of surprised I don't remember it better.
Also, I'm digging this new format.
:p

mantidor

New untucked is like a million times better, redditors shitting on it are insane.

I don't know why I even bother with reddit to be honest.

zeopower6

Max gets a lot of camera, lets be honest.

She gets a lot of here-and-there camera shots but she doesn't get to say much or narrate events like some queens do.

Why do you think she won't win? Because of the similarity to Sharon..ish? At this point, I think they will want to crown a big girl since we pretty much have almost every other 'type' of queen as a winner except maybe pageant and Puerto Rican queen. (should have been Nina) For me, from season's 1-6 including All Stars...

1 - Ru-A-Like
2 - Young Queen [and Ru-A-Like]
3 - Seasoned Model [also ~ethnic~]
4 - Weird Kooky Queen
All Stars - Seasoned Professional [Impersonator]
5 - Theater Queen
6 - "Comedy" Queen
7 - ?

New untucked is like a million times better, redditors shitting on it are insane.

I don't know why I even bother with reddit to be honest.

lol
The subreddit can get annoying sometimes...but it's activeness makes it hard for me to stay away. Plus, there are some funny post there, and the speculation and arm-chair psychology can be really funny when it's completely baseless.

Yeah this worries me. Kasha is AMAZING. I hope she gets more screen time in the next episode or two (and not just so that she goes home at the end of them), I know that the first few episodes they have to ration out the focus so that they can establish front-runners. So far Trixie, Katya, Violet, Pearl, Fame, Ginger and Jasmine are getting more air time than the others. This means one or two of them are leaving soon, and the rest will probably make it far. I feel like Trixie's air time might be a red herring though.

mantidor

She gets a lot of here-and-there camera shots but she doesn't get to say much or narrate events like some queens do.

Why do you think she won't win? Because of the similarity to Sharon..ish? At this point, I think they will want to crown a big girl since we pretty much have almost every other 'type' of queen as a winner except maybe pageant and Puerto Rican queen. (should have been Nina) For me, from season's 1-6 including All Stars...

1 - Ru-A-Like
2 - Young Queen [and Ru-A-Like]
3 - Seasoned Model [also ~ethnic~]
4 - Weird Kooky Queen
All Stars - Seasoned Professional [Impersonator]
5 - Theater Queen
6 - "Comedy" Queen
7 - ?

I just don't think Max is versatile enough, but I'd love to be surprised.

I really hope they don't go for a big girl for the sake of having to be a big girl, I like the ones in this season but not enough to root for them as winners, past seasons also had much better big queens.

KiN0

I just don't think Max is versatile enough, but I'd love to be surprised.

I really hope they don't go for a big girl for the sake of having to be a big girl, I like the ones in this season but not enough to root for them as winners, past seasons also had much better big queens.

Ginger really turned it out this episode. If her performance continues to meet this standard, I don't see why she wouldn't deserve to win.

Wilsongt

They need to work on their consistent editing in the work room because between several shots within the span of a minute of Rupaul talking to the girls, Violets hair went up and down and up and down and up and down.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Did anyone go back and watch Bianca and Alaska's commentary over full episodes?

If so, what are your thoughts?

They need to work on their consistent editing in the work room because between several shots within the span of a minute of Rupaul talking to the girls, Violets hair went up and down and up and down and up and down.
That's what pisses me off about production cherry picking reactions— it's misleading.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Where can one find this?
It's on logotv. As of yesterday only episode 1 was available. There were some bits that were funny, others were interesting. It has potential to be better, considering it's Bianca and Alaska.

zeopower6

I watched it the night it came out. Was hilarious but I'm sure they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for commentary at times. Should get better in later episodes if they continue doing it.

Bianca seemed like she wanted to get into it, but Alaska was being a bit more pageant about it, I wonder why Bianca doesn't like Kathy Griffin she grumbled about her at least 2 or 3 times. I pictured Alaska saying "Girl... take it easy!" like he did in the talking head on the puppet challenge when Roxxy went after Jinx.

I like the commentaries though, it's a nice idea and would like to see them feature different queens doing each episode.

royalan

To be honest none of these queens have wowed me yet.

I get that they wanted a more even playing field talent-wise and less drama Bla Bla Bla... But so far I have not gagged once on a single look or one-liner.

Yeah, the playing field is even, but the dial is set to mediocre.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I get that they wanted a more even playing field talent-wise and less drama Bla Bla Bla... But so far I have not gagged once on a single look or one-liner.

I think at least seems better than the previous season but that isnt really a challenge.

EDIT:
J8u9eWg.png

Kiiiiii

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

I'd generally agree but violet's hidden tartan look slayed me

zeopower6

I think there's a lot of potential for wow moments here. I don't expect to gag until Snatch Game generally. I'm excited for the ball this season unless somehow we get two busted queens in it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't find them boring, its just the problem is there are so many contestants there is not enough time spent on each person
In that respect last year's start kinda made sense as it gave us more of a feel for each person
That being said the challenges (both mini and main) >>> the openings of last series

Boring is a strong word, that's why I put quotes around it; I'd just say they're not as fun.
The girls are getting to know each other so they're all kind of akward and their most sickening/fabulous looks haven't been let loose yet (Violet's fierce plaid fall ensemble seems like an exception to this rule of thumb).

I'm really looking forward to Violet's rib-crushing corset look, showing off her tiny waist.

Same here.
I'm really impressed by how munch cinching she can take; she'd make Jessica Rabbit feel huge.
(big potential spoilers ahead)
According to the rumors, the episode that features that super cinched look with the oxygen tank is when she supposedly snaps and becomes this seasons big bad.

KiN0

Boring is a strong word, that's why I put quotes around it; I'd just say they're not as fun.
The girls are getting to know each other so they're all kind of akward and their most sickening/fabulous looks haven't been let loose yet (Violet's fierce plaid fall ensemble seems like an exception to this rule of thumb).

Same here.
I'm really impressed by how munch cinching she can take; she'd make Jessica Rabbit feel huge.
According to the rumors, the episode that features that super cinched look with the oxygen tank is when she supposedly snaps and becomes this seasons big bad.
How bad are we talking here?

How bad are we talking here?

This random OP apparently says Chad Micheal's allegedly stated, (big future spoilers btw)"...I heard that she makes Miss Phi Phi O'Hara look like an angel this season."

It's certainly possible that Chad could have heard this (seeing as she probably knows some of the queens), but it's also possible that she's participating in a game of telephone and is exaggerating or misrepresenting what she heard from another person who is misrepresenting or exaggerating what they've heard or even know.
It's also possible that the OP is lying.
Also, one poster in there says that this has been known for a while now and the other S7 queens have talked about it..but they really don't provide any evidence beyond just saying it...

That's the drag race subreddit for you.

I can't @ anyone thinking this cast is mediocre. Fame is Chad caliber dusty. Chachki, Pearl and Max are some of the youngest queens ever on the show and they're right up there with the most polished and put together (SEASONED) queens from the show. Typically we're used to Adore or Serena levels of quality with these younger queens, Tyra nonwithstanding. Katya is hilarious, Ginger is really fun to watch.. this is the first season where I genuinely feel something positive about everyone there. I think now that they got rid of the first two queens the level of polish across the board is superb.

We may not have Bianca or Sharon this time but we do have several contestants who are neck and neck and who are really really good at their jobs. For the first time I really have no idea who the frontrunner will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom