• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree about Jasmine, I enjoyed her last week, this week not so much. I'm expecting a 'prance and deathdrop' lipsync very soon before we see her go home. Maybe she will do a Dita Ritz though?

Sasha Belle looked very flat on the runway, like a bad Dee Snider impersonator.

Yeah...I'm not feeling Jasmine either...
(barring the fact that I liked a lot of her shoes) Her aesthetics are really underwhelming and any initial charm she seems to have had has basically dissipated over this last episode.
Plus, the "Rupual's Best Friends Race" shenanigans she and her besty Kennedy are pulling in the next episode is kind of annoying me. Why in the hell do these team leaders intentionally sabotage themselves? Why would you make Violet, the whitest girl in your group, the ghetto character in the play?
She's kind of overstayed her welcome at this point.

Jasmine is giving me Phi Phi levels of bitchiness. She needs to sashay.

Speaking of Phi Phi levels of bitchiness...I've been reading that Violet is supposed to make her look like lollipops and rainbows on the drag race subreddit.
I'm not sure I want to believe it just yet though seeing as the subreddit can sometimes get a little ahead of itself, she doesn't really seem mean/vindictive so far, and this only seems to come from online/interview comments made by Trixie (a queen who we're not even certain is gonna last that long...she's got a cool head on her shoulders, but I haven't found her to be very impressive or interesting yet.)
Though I will say that it seems like Violet is getting a "bitch/villain in the making + she's the talented/skilled young underdog" edit at the moment, which is really interesting to me. I'm curious to see where they're taking some of these people's stories, they don't seem as clear to me as they seemed in season 6.

KiN0

Violet is the gia gunn of this season I feel. Only she has more personality and a stronger aesthetic.

On the subject of trixie, she has grown a lot more on me. I thought she was kind of there in the last episode but she actually managed to stand out this time. Both in and out of drag.

cory64

Yeah...I'm not feeling Jasmine either...
(barring the fact that I liked a lot of her shoes) Her aesthetics are really underwhelming and any initial charm she seems to have had has basically dissipated over this last episode.
Plus, the "Rupual's Best Friends Race" shenanigans she and her besty Kennedy are pulling in the next episode is kind of annoying me. Why in the hell do these team leaders intentionally sabotage themselves? Why would you make Violet, the whitest girl in your group, the ghetto character in the play?
She's kind of overstayed her welcome at this point.

I cringed when they did that. The outcome doesn't look good.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Jasmine needs to wear a Burka and sunglasses before actually tallking about how other bitches paint their face. Reel in those horse teeth bitch.

kirblar

Watching the full thing now and holy crap at the insecurity coming out from Ginger's team.

Max, Trixie and Pearl are awesome. Miss Fame is surprisingly not-an-asshole as well.

ZackShikari

Neo Member
Speaking of Phi Phi levels of bitchiness...I've been reading that Violet is supposed to make her look like lollipops and rainbows on the drag race subreddit.
I'm not sure I want to believe it just yet though seeing as the subreddit can sometimes get a little ahead of itself, she doesn't really seem mean/vindictive so far, and this only seems to come from online/interview comments made by Trixie (a queen who we're not even certain is gonna last that long...she's got a cool head on her shoulders, but I haven't found her to be very impressive or interesting yet.)
Though I will say that it seems like Violet is getting a "bitch/villain in the making + she's the talented/skilled young underdog" edit at the moment, which is really interesting to me. I'm curious to see where they're taking some of these people's stories, they don't seem as clear to me as they seemed in season 6.

I get the feeling Pearl is going to be a bigger bitch than Violet. Watch me be completely wrong though.

KiN0

I get the feeling Pearl is going to be a bigger bitch than Violet. Watch me be completely wrong though.

Why do you think that? She's been pretty open to receiving from others criticism and compared to violet and jasmine, she hasn't thrown a lot of shade.

ZackShikari

Neo Member
Why do you think that? She's been pretty open to receiving from others criticism and compared to violet and jasmine, she hasn't thrown a lot of shade.

Mostly because of the way she got angry at Violet and Sasha. I think she also is just the kind of person who isn't going to take shit from anyone.

zeopower6

Pearl is basically the type of person that 'looks cold but isn't'. So far, she's been nothing but warm... however her look makes people think she's angry at them.

I think I can see how the eliminations are going to play out from now on. They don't seem to be editing anyone as a clear frontrunner this time around. It reminds me of Season 5, somewhat. Pretty girls are at a disadvantage but you know we'll have at least two or three in the top 5.

Starting up Untucked and these girls on the not-Trixie team are being horrible. Gross. Jasmine is so going to get Dida-ed.

Vazra

Is it me or Courtney looks weird?
B_veNHIWcAEbDbI.jpg

zeopower6

She looked weird even in motion. There's a behind the scenes on her YouTube channel and they had Mathu do makeup for it.

There's some Laganja 'he said she said no one said' realness in this Untucked.

Pearl is probably the definition of 'never judge a book by its cover'. I really don't know who I want to win this season. I just want MAX and Pearl in the top 3.

Whoever is producing these Untucked segments now needs to do them from now on. It's really pretty depressing to see and hear the eliminated queen walk back as everyone else is celebrating in the background.

razznjazz

Neo Member

To be fair, Phi Phi has a natural whine color to her tonality. She could say, "I love everyone here and I want to be a better person," and everyone should still think, "ugh, what a bitch" because she has a super unpleasant demeanor. The political challenge in S4 is evident of that. She couldn't be charming or commanding so she played a racist caricature, which Santino loved because he's Santino.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
This episode was okay. Just okay. Random thoughts time:

- The pretty girls got deservedly dragged, and the ~diverse~ girls came out on top. Also deserved.

- Sashay Belle is gone thank god, so now I won't mix her up with Kasha. Kasha if you're reading this, and I know do you, you did well this week and I'm proud of you, but please pad your hips a little higher. It always feels as if they're gonna fall off that it's distracting. Then again I heard you're from the same house that brought us Pandora and Dariene so I won't hold my breath.

- Minj won me big time. The biggest thing about that girl is possibly her heart. Making my girl Pearl purr like that in Untucked. God bless.

- Speaking of Untucked: still a fan of the formula, but my god these queens have zero energy. It was a complete flatline. Jasmine was trying something, but it was incoherent. I think it's just her dementia kicking in. I'm not asking for manufactured drama, but I still want some personality and entertainment. Kiki harders bitches.

zeopower6

I just can't get past her whole persona, and my god that accent. It's an off-putting affectation and a crutch, and it's working against her. I think her look is really weak as well. I like what she's going for conceptually, but I don't think she's pulling it off at all.

I just really like how the character is being developed so far with the MAX collective and all. It's so odd to think she's only 22. Soon we'll have queens born in the 2000s! I don't think she's been shown enough on the show, really... hopefully that changes soon.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I just can't get past her whole persona, and my god that accent. It's an off-putting affectation and a crutch, and it's working against her.

e6cGcW4.gif

I feel she'd do herself a service if she could pick-up/drop that accent, seamlessly and effortlessly, whenever she's on stage/in drag. It has the potential to be a lot more powerful as an accessory of her drag. But since it's there any time the cameras are on, he looks more like another try-hard anglophile.

Rayis

I personally dig the hell out of Max's look, she's only 22 and is way more polished than someone like Jasmine, I feel like she's isn't getting enough airtime though, we've barely seen any of her on the show.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I personally dig the hell out of Max's look, she's only 22 and is way more polished than someone like Jasmine, I feel like she's isn't getting enough airtime though, we've barely seen any of her on the show.

I will agree that she's very polished for someone her age. Her Spring/Fall looks were on point, and her jet-set glamor look was, well, glamorous.

I also understand where she's coming from re: the accent (i.e. attempting to make the character more realized), but I feel it's redundant when it comes to competing and her overall performance on the show— she doesn't speak while she's on the runway, and when she opens her mouth she's lip-syncing!

Maybe her time to shine will come up on an acting challenge where her shtick will be praised... or maybe she'll be clocked by Michelle for committing more to the persona than her character in the challenge.

Gradon

Sasha Belle looked very flat on the runway, like a bad Dee Snider impersonator.

Just looking at her runway she looked completely demotivated and uninterested. Almost like she had given up.

The shade getting thrown at Trixie has been shocking too. Same for Miss Fame...

I am liking Pearl a lot more than I expected to, and honestly I feel really, really bad for pre-judging her.

I love Max's looks just not her shtick.

kirblar

Saw the "vetoed" outfit on Instagram, and I don't think it was malice from producers- that pattern is amazing but I can buy that it would cause issues w/ filming.

Kerned

Banned
Pearl is great, I think she'll end up a fan favorite by the end.

Ginger is going all the way though, write it down and take it to the bank. First big girl winner.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I saw Pearl out and about a few times when she first started doing drag here in Chicago, and I was kind of shocked when she made it on the show. She was always super funny and nice but her look was pretty busted (and I had no idea how cute she was out of drag). Needless to say, I didn't think she had it in her, but she kinda turned it this week. Her moment with Ginger on Untucked was really cute too. I'm hoping they both go far.

Monocle

Jasmine can leave now. She was such a bully in Untucked ep. 2. Her attitude toward Trixie is straight up nasty.

I continue to be pleasantly surprised by Pearl and Max. I totally wrote them off based on Meet the Queens, but now I want them to stick around for a long time.

Is it me or Courtney looks weird?
B_veNHIWcAEbDbI.jpg
Can't say, I'm too busy watching Alaska kill it.

BTW, is the general post-S6 perception of Courtney that she's tired or bitchy or something? I feel like there's a hostile atmosphere around her now. She seems to elicit catty remarks from other queens. Is this just me projecting? Personally I always thought she was extremely well put together, and a rather sweet and open person. I would have expected that to come through in her season, but instead all she seems to be remembered for are her highly polished yet supposedly boring runways looks and how she was "mean" to Joslyn Fox (who struck me as a bit pathetic from the beginning, sorry).

Damn, that's a pity. She looks good.

zeopower6

It might just be you. I always hear from my friends who have talked to her that she's great. But she has some sort of weird Aussie way of saying things that can come across as too blunt or 'mean'/catty.

Monocle

It might just be you. I always hear from my friends who have talked to her that she's great. But she has some sort of weird Aussie way of saying things that can come across as too blunt or 'mean'/catty.
Well good. I thought in S6 she conducted herself about as well as could be expected. She showed off her strengths and rightly made top 3. Maybe the whole Joslyn thing was the only real crumb of drama she gave the editors. Otherwise she came off as a bit of a nonentity next to the larger personalities she had to compete with.

I do not get the love for Pearl...at all. She's really boring and seems about as intelligent and knowledgeable as Gia Gunn at times.
Seems like people just like her because she's a cute boy and makes funny faces...
I haven't fully watched the "Untucked" episodes yet so maybe I'm missing something.

Oh Violet, that's not cute.

hehehe
I don't know, it's kind of funny to me.
But I really doubt that she's seriously mad at Michelle right now seeing as S7 was filmed a while ago and I've seen recent videos featuring them paling around.

BTW, is the general post-S6 perception of Courtney that she's tired or bitchy or something? I feel like there's a hostile atmosphere around her now. She seems to elicit catty remarks from other queens. Is this just me projecting? Personally I always thought she was extremely well put together, and a rather sweet and open person. I would have expected that to come through in her season, but instead all she seems to be remembered for are her highly polished yet supposedly boring runways looks and how she was "mean" to Joslyn Fox (who struck me as a bit pathetic from the beginning, sorry).

I don't know about other queens but...
It seems more like she tends to elicit unnecessarily catty/shady/rude remarks from the thousands of brain-dead wannabe Biancas in the fan-base who think they're being cute.
It's really annoying seeing as she's a very talented and sweet queen with a great sense of style, beauty, and brains to boot.
I mean...in the picture Bayonetta posted she looks great to me, I don't know what what would specifically make her stand out as weird in that photo.
They honestly all look really pretty.
:/

Vazra

uBgRNlv.gif

Courtney looks fishy as always but her face looks weird by the magic of someone else beating her face.

zeopower6

I do not get the love for Pearl...at all. She's really boring and seems about as intelligent and knowledgeable as Gia Gunn at times.
Seems like people just like her because she's a cute boy and makes funny faces...
I haven't fully watched the "Untucked" episodes yet so maybe I'm missing something.
:/

Pearl has an incredible sense of style and seems to be able to adapt well to the challenges so far. She has soooo much potential for a young queen. I think the top 3 could end up all being under 24 this time around. I don't mean to obsess over age, but it seems like the first time they've had so many 'fresh' queens that were not Serena ChaChas in one season.

Pearl has an incredible sense of style and seems to be able to adapt well to the challenges so far. She has soooo much potential for a young queen. I think the top 3 could end up all being under 24 this time around. I don't mean to obsess over age, but it seems like the first time they've had so many 'fresh' queens that were not Serena ChaChas in one season.

I don't even remember her in any of the challenges though...
Like...didn't she just wrap something around Violet's waist last episode for the cinching joke?
Hell I don't even remember her outfits for the fall runway challenge (I think I remember liking them though...)
I don't know...I just don't know what people are seeing in her sans being a cute guy.
That rumored placement seems weird to me. She hasn't given off any vibes that I feel say "Top 3 material!"
To be quite honest I'm only getting top 3 from Miss Fame, Max, and Violet right now but hey...after Ben's elimination anything can happen, right?

Edit:
uBgRNlv.gif

Courtney looks fishy as always but her face looks weird by the magic of someone else beating her face.

DAT gif! lol
I should get to watching those "Untucked" episodes now.
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom