• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

sinnergy

Looks like they are steering to a nuclear conflict, the west will respond with full military action.. gents it looks like it’s only weeks before full mobilization and the start of a serious world war. It’s starting to look bleak.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Looks like they are steering to a nuclear conflict, the west will respond with full military action.. gents it looks like it’s only weeks before full mobilization and the start of a serious world war. It’s starting to look bleak.

I might have missed some major news, but how are we looking at getting into nuclear conflict? How is it "weeks" away from total war? Got any sources for this?

MrA

Next tank confirmed in Gaijin's War Thunder (and on every NATO Intel report)

The amazingly poor training of the Russians continues, they didn't scuttle their latest tank, like thats basics you don't give your enemy your best stuff
Good to see the Ukrainians encouraging surrender, but the Russians are blowing my mind with how incompetent they're, like do they even know how to wipe their asses?

sinnergy

I might have missed some major news, but how are we looking at getting into nuclear conflict? How is it "weeks" away from total war? Got any sources for this?
Twitter feed, but it’s accurate most of the time . They are trying to bomb a nuclear plant in the middle of the Ukraine. Poland which is located closer is already distributing anti radiation tablets to rescue workers .

LimanimaPT

Twitter feed, but it’s accurate most of the time . They are trying to bomb a nuclear plant in the middle of the Ukraine. Poland which is located closer is already distributing anti radiation tablets to rescue workers .
Someone on this forum has already said that it was an intercepted missile targetting Mikolaiv. Who posted this knows someone who works at the power plant.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Putin can’t win, so he will do what’s needed. We can talk happy thoughts and what ever .. but the outcome of this war is starting to look pretty bad.

He's not going to mobilize. His regime depends on the roughly 60% of russians remaining apolitical and tacitly approving which is going to crumble if he calls for mass mobilization.

So, rest at ease.

MrA

He's not going to mobilize. His regime depends on the roughly 60% of russians remaining apolitical and tacitly approving which is going to crumble if he calls for mass mobilization.

So, rest at ease.
plus he still needs the approval of the oligarch and military, if he actually tries to use nuclear weapons they take him out.

This discussion panel was absolutely brutal. The Russian representative was sweating bullets.

"The largest supplier of military equipment to Ukraine is Russia."

"You're demilitarizing yourself on Ukrainian soil."

roasted-oh.gif

Fenix34

I remove teeth
Russians watching films and take seriously everything what happen in films and for those reason they become a mad.

Last edited:

mxbison

Putin can’t win, so he will do what’s needed. We can talk happy thoughts and what ever .. but the outcome of this war is starting to look pretty bad.

His ass lickers are only loyal to him as long as they have something to gain from it. Him "winning" and staying in power also means power/money for them.

Nobody gains anything from a nuclear war.

winjer

Gold Member
I'm sure the USA knows everything about Russia's equipment already.

Russian export equipment is different from the one sold to it's own army.
I doubt the USA army had a T90M to evaluate, before this one.
They will likely be curious to see how far behind Russia is with this tank.

Reactions: Gp1

FunkMiller

Gold Member

You’re starting to sound the same as pro-Russian idiots who insist that this war will still end badly for anyone other than Putin. Give it a rest. There is zero evidence to suggest any kind of further escalation. Zero.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
lol at thinking Putin would resort to Nukes, you do realize all this shit thats spouted on TV is for the mongloids back home to keep them thinking were great/strong/stupid and winning and only mongoloids in the west actually belive it, anyone with half a wit knows that Nukes are off the table, Nukes are a last resort for when your country is about to be overrun and your regime collapses, Russia ain't getting invaded therefore he cant use them "legitmately", do you honestly think his own cabinet hell even the fucking chinese would allow this sort of breach of the accepted norm? to use a Nuke in a battle you are losing would set a prescidence so profoundly fucking bad for the world going forward that its simply never going to happen and is merely used as a propaganda tool for idiots.

This war is simply going to end with Russians going home defeated and humilated and how Putin sells that to his people, who the fuck cares as long as i dont get to see another Russian face in Europe for the next umpteen years ill be happy and he can drop the iron curtain and make North Korea 2.0 for all i care

Denton

Girkin/Strelkov (russian exFSB and military analyst who actually kinda started the war back in 2014) writes (translated via deepl):

There is no doubt that legal grounds for partial mobilization are being hastily created. At the same time, just as hastily, grounds are being prepared to hold referendums on the reunification of the LDPR and the Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions with the Russian Federation.

Assume:
1) These actions are evidence of the fact that the Russian leadership has finally (after SEVEN months! Not counting 8 years of previous...) come to understand the "total" (until complete victory, or complete defeat) nature of the war in the so-called "Ukraine" and are preparing to fight "for real";
2) And now - in connection with the above - the former "respected Kiev partners" will have to hurry up with their new general offensive. The "partners" now have a month and a half or two months to try and crush our shattered but still intact cadre army before it starts receiving mass reinforcements from the mobilized. (And, yes, this is not at all the fault of the whiner Strelkov, who cried out about the need for urgent mobilization measures at a time when our troops were still quite successfully attacking.)

niilokin

I just pray that what ever fucking referendum they manage to hold isnt grounds for tactical nuke strike for feeling existential threat when Ukraine takes their lands back...

tommolb

I just pray that what ever fucking referendum they manage to hold isnt grounds for tactical nuke strike for feeling existential threat when Ukraine takes their lands back...
I can imagine a scenario;
Step 1 : Sham referendums, 100% of "people" vote to join Russia
Step 2 : Ukraine attacks to get it's territory back
Step 3 : Russia claims Ukraine invading Russia, leading to full mobilisation and nuclear threats

I don't think Russia would drop nukes, but outside (very remote) possibility.

sinnergy

P
I can imagine a scenario;
Step 1 : Sham referendums, 100% of "people" vote to join Russia
Step 2 : Ukraine attacks to get it's territory back
Step 3 : Russia claims Ukraine invading Russia, leading to full mobilisation and nuclear threats

I don't think Russia would drop nukes, but outside (very remote) possibility.
they don’t have to drop nukes, they can just bomb a nuclear power plant.

But yeah, Russia will just fabricate a reason like in your steps .

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
Lot's of chatter around mobilization again... Even forcing "volunteers" in occupied territory. Won't help, and pretty sure mobilization will go over like a lead balloon..

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So apparently Putin and Shoigu are going to address all Russians tonight.

No one knows what it’s going to be. There’s all kinds of rumors, so who knows.

Last edited:

DJ12

If the full time pro army is getting its ass kicked and running away, I'm not sure conscription average Joe is going to swing the war.

Sure they'll have the numbers, but at this point its just more himars targets

Last edited:
Top Bottom