• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

LQX

I bet we are going to start seeing a lot more Russians, suddenly becoming very supportive of peace with Ukraine.
You would think Russia calling up more men is a good thing for them, but Ukraine so fucking battle hardened you can see this being even more of a slaughter unless the goal for Russia is to throw so many more bodies into the grinder it clogs and slows everything down. And with winter coming this whole thing is playing out like Hitler's Operation Barbarossa. They were already fucked, but winter is where they really got fucked.

sinnergy

You would think Russia calling up more men is a good thing for them, but Ukraine so fucking battle hardened you can see this being even more of a slaughter unless the goal for Russia is to throw so many more bodies into the grinder it clogs and slows everything down. And with winter coming this whole thing is playing out like Hitler's Operation Barbarossa. They were already fucked, but winter is where they really got fucked.
Sadly he will do this ..

RAÏSanÏa

Lets see how this all unfolds …
Putin making such pronouncements during a Mercury retrograde as the planet is approaching conjunction with the Sun at the equinoctial point should be informative to watch unfold as the planet turns direct and passes back that way in few weeks, for the data gathering empirical sidereal astrologer.

The movement and positions are considered an unfortunate time to attempt such a thing. Not that they've been paying attention to such things. The stars haven't favoured the aggressors in the war from the start. Even according to Chinese astrology, the Tiger is WAP since Feb 1.

Last edited:

Sepia6

Neo Member
Possibly, but I think Putin will go all in on this war. His ego is too fragile, and he is committed to seeing this through. I hope I'm wrong, though.
Let him go all in. Institute a draft of the entire country, throw every able bodied man between 18-65 into the hellfire. Then watch the Russian public turn on him. It's remarkable what happens when a country goes from a military operation to a forced draft of its entire population. If Russia's military had a difficult time in Ukraine during the spring and summer, just wait and see what winter is like.

Last edited:
Let him go all in. Institute a draft of the entire country, throw every able bodied man between 18-65 into the hellfire. Then watch the Russian public turn on him. It's remarkable what happens when a country goes from a military operation to a forced draft on its entire population.
Sure, it will likely go very badly for Putin, but that would also mean dragging out this war and higher casualties for the people of Ukraine.

Last edited:

Putin is not on air yet, but Russians has already started googling "how to avoid military service" and "how to leave the country".

renderTimingPixel.png

twitter.com/Bilosh...

scary movie run GIF

Russia Reportedly Preparing for Mobilization​

renderTimingPixel.png

kyivpost.com/ukrain...

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
Putin's speech delayed to tomorrow.

Feels like some Caribbean crisis level negotiations happening behind the scenes. Direct call from Biden?

I don't know what's going to happen, but it's a historical month of September we're living through. Life before COVID and now this shit where are you...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Other than Putler being a noshow, the other news are that Ukraine reclaimed a bunch of towns nearby Izium that were still officially "not liberated". The next immediate goal is Lyman and they're attacking from multiple angles.

Meanwhile, the ukrainians are doing moves east of Kupyansk, clearly their next immediate goal is Lugansk.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
That’s a bold strategy, let’s see how it plays out for them
Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

This is some crazy shit now.

And people are pissing their pants over in the GTA6 leak thread because Rockstar got hacked and we should be “feeling sorry for them”

I know wars happen all the time and maybe this war will play out like others and simmer down, but this is a nuclear superpower led by a madman just fucking around now very dangerously, not backing down no matter what. Some scary times are potentially ahead

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
You’re starting to sound the same as pro-Russian idiots who insist that this war will still end badly for anyone other than Putin. Give it a rest. There is zero evidence to suggest any kind of further escalation. Zero.
What about now that he’s talking about annexing more land and he is trying to escalate?

Believe me man, I want to be positive about this as well and I hope Ukraine kick them out asap and it de-escalates.

Top Bottom