• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

i'm an idiot but what does it mean by mobilization? i see that there is conscription. is that what it means? or is Putin sending in more trained army and conscriptions? i am confused.

and i see he is throwing about the nuclear threat again. i'm worried that if Ukraine do keep kicking his ass that he will be backed into a corner and use them. i don't see him backing down. he'll either be killed or captured. hopefully he can be captured but if he thinks he is about to die then he might fire a nuke.

if he does use them before then is it likely one will be fired as a warning shot instead of inside ukraine? i read some shit that he might fire one into the north sea between UK and denmark.

It means the same thing. He announced it would be partial, reserves and civilians with a military background, but it’s looking much more general than that today. Much closer to a full mobilisation of civilians.

He clearly wants this over with and I think he’s banking on the conscripts to be used in the defense of the “new republics” likely to be formed next week. Even though at least one of these regions isn’t even under Russian control.

Nuke nonsense has been nothing but an empty threat up to this point and no reason to think it’s anything else now. Putin is persistently full of shit.

I am happy to share some things that have happened over the last week, right now I finally made enough money with my temporary job that would allow me to safely move out of this region, however there are still some amount left that I need to have in order to be able to rent a place for a living as well as properly accommodate myself, which brings me to the point which I hope would never become, but I have to ask for you help, GAF, I simply have no other choice left, my job was temporary from the beginning, there are only so few people in my town that need help with their PC's and whatnot, I was their technical guy, and right now I am simply near the end of my working journey, there are simply not enough people with problems for me to have a sustainable job as at least the third of all the people that live here left the country or the region altogether, and to get a proper job is also not an option either, because that would mean that I will be working directly for pseudo-Russian government.

do it jewish GIF

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It’s going to prolong the war and Ukraine will suffer more, but it’s hard to imagine untrained, unequipped conscripts making a decisive difference, long term at least.

Lady Jane

Banned

Interview with Ukrainian person, about Euromaidan, situation in Ukraine generally, Western response and other stuff. If you have time, it's worth the watch.

What a bombing interview with a Ukrainian! I'm going to type out excerpts in case people don't have time to watch it.

"He [Hasan] is the prime example, I'd say, of a person with an American centric view of this whole thing. He doesn't understand shit about Eastern Europe and what is going on here. He discredits Ukrainians. He treats us as mindless sheep who are like in a proxy war between Russian and America and stuff."

"People in America who think America is great in everything. It's like the greatest place. Everyone shits rainbows and butterflies and America does nothing wrong, basically, but the opposite side of them are like "America did everything wrong. So there is no single policy America has ever done is good. Everything they do is bad. This is like an empire of evil." But there is a huge similarity between these two. You would think that people who hate America would like not think that everything revolves around America. But both groups, they think everything revolves around America. They want their country to be involved in everything so they can't comprehend that some fights have nothing to do with them."

She then touches on Communists apologists having influence in America:

"He [Hasan} is the great representation of this privileged American and manifestation of everything I pretty much despite right now in the United States. People who use communism and Soviet Union as an aesthetic. To me, he wear some kind of Soviet Union hat with a red star at the top is about the same as praising Hitler."

Interviewer: "A lot of people would say that's pretty extreme."

"It's not extreme, because communism and Soviet Union which they say was "not communism" but they always say that. "And every country is no communist country, not my communist utopia." But this regime killed millions of people, millions of people. Ukrainians as well, Armenians, Georgians, whatever the fuck. So for me to see that hat being worn as an aesthetic flex is the same as wearing an SS uniform."

Keep fighting the good fight, girl!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
People in the streets of St. Petersburg, chanting "Putin in the trenches"

It's good to see the Russian people finally standing up against Putin, but for months these cowards did nothing, because it didn't affect them.
Only now, after conscription, do they get some courage to protest against Putin's war.

Few hundred of people are not a protest, I've seen swingers orgies with more participants.

Sadly, the war in Ucrain is still not a huge problem in Russia.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
What a bombing interview with a Ukrainian! I'm going to type out excerpts in case people don't have time to watch it.

"He [Hassan] is the prime example, I'd say, of a person with an American centric view of this whole thing. He doesn't understand shit about Eastern Europe and what is going on here. He discredits Ukrainians. He treats us as mindless sheep who are like in a proxy war between Russian and America and stuff."

"People in America who think America is great in everything. It's like the greatest place. Everyone shits rainbows and butterflies and America does nothing wrong, basically, but the opposite side of them are like "America did everything wrong. So there is no single policy America has ever done is good. Everything they do is bad. This is like an empire of evil." But there is a huge similarity between these two. You would think that people who hate America would like not think that everything revolves around America. But both groups, they think everything revolves around America. They want their country to be involved in everything so they can't comprehend that some fights have nothing to do with them."

She then touches on Communists apologists having influence in America:

"He [Hassan} is the great representation of this privileged American and manifestation of everything I pretty much despite right now in the United States. People who use communism and Soviet Union as an aesthetic. To me, he wear some kind of Soviet Union hat with a red star at the top is about the same as praising Hitler."

"It's not extreme, because communism and Soviet Union which they say was "not communism" but they always say that. "And every country is no communist country, not my communist utopia." But this regime killed millions of people, millions of people. Ukrainians as well, Armenians, Georgians, whatever the fuck. So for me to see that hat being worn as an aesthetic flex is the same as wearing an SS uniform."

giphy.gif
I hate Hasan, even prior to conflict, he is the most idiotic streamer there is. At least from those major ones. Big baby.

So whole interview was like balsam to my soul.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
i'm an idiot but what does it mean by mobilization? i see that there is conscription. is that what it means? or is Putin sending in more trained army and conscriptions? i am confused.

and i see he is throwing about the nuclear threat again. i'm worried that if Ukraine do keep kicking his ass that he will be backed into a corner and use them. i don't see him backing down. he'll either be killed or captured. hopefully he can be captured but if he thinks he is about to die then he might fire a nuke.

if he does use them before then is it likely one will be fired as a warning shot instead of inside ukraine? i read some shit that he might fire one into the north sea between UK and denmark.
Mobilization is for every person who "served" which means also every male age 18, who were on mandatory military draft.

100%, so many of these commie-loving Americans will make every excuse under the sun and deny the mountain of historical evidence that the USSR destroyed millions of people's lives.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Not much news today.

The Kherson siege continues. Ukrainian forces are fighting on several towns on the left bank of the Oskil. Lyman still resists but they’ve had good success on the surrounding towns - at this rate it should fall by the weekend.

Some of the forced mobilisation videos I have seen are like "wtf" It seems as if they are just rounding up boys and men irregardless of anything else, sticking them on a bus and sending them to Ukraine. This is just sheer madness at this point. Yet the Russian people just "accept it" if this was any other county the Kremlin would be in flames and Putins brains would be splattered all over the pavement with his genitals cut off and rammed in his mouth (still not enough punishment for the misery this man has caused).

Mikado

It seems as if they are just rounding up boys and men irregardless of anything else, sticking them on a bus and sending them to Ukraine. This is just sheer madness at this point.

IF there was a plan (and nothing so far has indicated that's the case), then presumably the goal would to follow the soviet doctrine of "keep smashing our face into the fist until the fist gets tired": soak up expensive ammunition/missiles/energy on cannon fodder then send in battle hardened troops later? I feel that strategy is less successful when the "fist" in question has the tacit support of the western world's high-tech military-industrial complexes behind it.

Or it could just be a Norman Stansfield-style "E V E R Y O N E" meltdown.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
IF there was a plan (and nothing so far has indicated that's the case), then presumably the goal would to follow the soviet doctrine of "keep smashing our face into the fist until the fist gets tired": soak up expensive ammunition/missiles/energy on cannon fodder then send in battle hardened troops later? I feel that strategy is less successful when the "fist" in question has the tacit support of the western world's high-tech military-industrial complexes behind it.

Or it could just be a Norman Stansfield-style "E V E R Y O N E" meltdown.

The problem is, they're doing this when they've already sacrificed their best troops, gear, and even threw into the grinder training officers..

Hundreds of thousands of meat creating space for the qualified troops to do actual damage works, getting your qualified troops killed then throwing in the meatshields is less effective.

We'll see what happens.

Facism

I hate Hasan, even prior to conflict, he is the most idiotic streamer there is. At least from those major ones. Big baby.

So whole interview was like balsam to my soul.
Dude's a twat. Even worse being a turk and stanning Russia, who's all but wiped out his ancestors cultures across Central Asia.

Last edited:
Top Bottom