• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sausage Party: Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

sDgLWH8.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
nice. i had no idea this was made by the This is the End crew. I nearly died laughing watching that movie.

No, but a foot in the door of animation is a start.

I mean, Anomalisa was nominated for an Oscar last year. If that didn't open the door to your liking then a film that ends with a 'pan sexual food orgy' probably won't do it, either. Just temper your expectations, unless what you mean by 'adult-oriented animation' is more Fritz the Cat and less Chico & Rita.

soma27

After seeing this Sausage Party, I had in mind a different kind of party, an Oscar Party. The CGI world was not as beautiful as the one Mr Bilbo adventures in, but it made me take an extra look into my pantry when I got home.

I give it five bags of popcorn and one of those red igloo lunchboxes, to keep all of your new refrigerator friends cold on the way home from the movie!

This guy knows what's up. I give this review 5 bags and maybe a mini mustard bottle.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I once caught a theatrical screening of Species with little kids in the theater.
Anything is considered an improvement in responsible parenting after that.

When I went to a theater to see Freddy vs. Jason half of the audience was under 10 years old.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Saw it tonight. Absolutely one of the craziest things I have ever seen. This movie finally made me get over how bonkers the Preacher finale is. It's one of the most creative movies I've ever watched. The cursing is overdone way too much for the first 10 minutes, to the point where I was worried this was going to be some kind of "lol look cursing food" but ultimately the movie delivers. The last half is really something else.

HiiiLife

Seth Rogen is one of those actors who has always been more miss than hit with me regarding his acting. I've far enjoyed his supporting cast in his movies more. Franco and Efron the GOAT.

I'm willing to give this a chance though. Looking forward to it.

Also just found out he had a part in writing Superbad? Yep. Def hyped for this.

gdt

Seth Rogen is one of those actors who has always been more miss than hit with me regarding his acting. I've far enjoyed his supporting cast in his movies more. Franco and Efron the GOAT.

I'm willing to give this a chance though. Looking forward to it.

Also just found out he had a part in writing Superbad? Yep. Def hyped for this.

Seth and Evan have writing a ton of the best comedies around.

And in fact Superbad is based on Seth and Evans high school life.

zelas

Well this is a pleasant surprise. I was only expecting an ok film that I could see after work to wait out traffic one day.

I remember hearing years ago about this movie in an interview with Phil Lord and Chris Miller saying they wanted it to be successful in the hopes it would open the door to more "Adult" cartoons getting in, which would lead to the possibility of Clone High coming back in that form.

What i'm saying is, i want this to be successful in the vain hope it manages to lead to a Clone High comeback, but i'm glad to have a good movie too.

overcast

I didn't like the trailer but I loved this is the end. Rogen and Goldberg are a good writing combo. Superbad and This is the End were both great... well Superbad is a classic.

As for adult animation I wish the incredible Anomalisa was more successful last year.

Xevren

Movie was good! Definitely made up after the duds I've watched the past couple weeks. Pretty damn short too. Think it was like an hour and 20'ish minutes?

Quick

Banned
I'm about to watch this. There is a kid in this theatre. I think everyone in the theatre is thinking what I'm thinking.

This should be hilarious, unless they already know what they're getting into.

Quick

Banned
It's a damn good movie. It was pretty fucking hilarious and it gets really fucked up.

Highly recommend this to everyone. Don't bring kids though...if that's something I need to remind anyone.

Kenstar

After seeing this Sausage Party, I had in mind a different kind of party, an Oscar Party. The CGI world was not as beautiful as the one Mr Bilbo adventures in, but it made me take an extra look into my pantry when I got home.

I give it five bags of popcorn and one of those red igloo lunchboxes, to keep all of your new refrigerator friends cold on the way home from the movie!

I love you

Indelible

I will check this out eventually, sounds absolutely insane. I watched a review that said it should have been rated NC-17, which makes me want to watch it even more.

I will check this out eventually, sounds absolutely insane. I watched a review that said it should have been rated NC-17, which makes me want to watch it even more.

Well, I hope you're comfortable with watching groceries
brutally murder humans and having a long, uncomfortable orgy
at the end.

No, I'm not joking.

An-Det

Saw the movie tonight, it was a blast. Definitely not for children, especially some of the stuff like the
giant orgy
, but it was really funny and fucked up.

Back from the movie....FUCKING GREAT.

I can't remember the last time something made me laugh so hard, but the ending....OH MY GOD

Kids should not see this, but I hope a parent is dumb enough to not only let their kid see the movie, but have their kid see the ending too

ironmang

Pretty much everything I wanted it to be. It's completely packed with jokes and probably plenty that I missed the first time around making it perfect for another viewing. Didn't even know Nick Kroll was in this and really wasn't expecting him to be the food version of his Bobby Bottleservice character.

Yeah, I saw a screening last night. Thought it was really funny and creative. It actually touches on a lot of social issues and stuff like that, which was surprising. But yeah, the filmmakers certainly were not afraid of anything. I never thought I'd ever see food do some of the things in this movie.

Saw this at the Egyptian in Seattle - they handed out free sausage to everyone before the movie, loved it.

10/10 movie, I was dying in the theater from laughter. The end was amazing and they took it even more over the top than I expected...but man it worked.

Xe4

Banned
I mean, Anomalisa was nominated for an Oscar last year. If that didn't open the door to your liking then a film that ends with a 'pan sexual food orgy' probably won't do it, either. Just temper your expectations, unless what you mean by 'adult-oriented animation' is more Fritz the Cat and less Chico & Rita.
Anomalisa was great, but no one saw it. It certainly wasn't enough to convince producers of proof of concept. Sausage Party just may, although I've already expressed my skepticism that Hollywood will take the wrong message from this.

As I've said, we're making small steps, and this plus Samurai Jack being successful (if it is; I'm sure it'll be amazing either way) can go a long way improving the medium in the US.

Matt_C

If this movie does well, I just hope there would be a Rick and Morty theatrical film. A hard R-rated Rick and Morty film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom