• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second ARMS Invitational Tournament April 29-30 in Japan [Streaming Now]

This is really fast paced.

If Nintendo is trying to get this game to grow competitively and get it into EVO. Then at least people can't complained about that lol.

They really hate Smash 4, Pokken and Melee because of Time and of course other reasons

This is really fast paced.

If Nintendo is trying to get this game to grow competitively and get it into EVO. Then at least people can't complained about that lol.

They really hate Smash 4, Pokken and Melee because of Time and of course other reasons

It depends on how the wired mode of this pans out. The game definitely isn't going to be played competitively if the most reliable option is wireless. Doesn't mean it won't be a really cool and accessible fighting game though.

atr0cious

It depends on how the wired mode of this pans out. The game definitely isn't going to be played competitively if the most reliable option is wireless. Doesn't mean it won't be a really cool and accessible fighting game though.
First tourney, the joycons were actually wired. Maybe they'll sell them later.

Doorman

The difference in voice between Biff and Cobutter is super-jarring for me now. It's like for Japan they made him way less of a real "sports commentator" and more like ARMS' general mascot character. I thought his voice didn't match his appearance in English, but now in Japanese the voice and look don't match his in-game role. I don't know how to handle any of it.

Kicko

Yeah, that's what it looked like, and they're got a day 2, so hopefully there's more. Maybe that was an exhibition?

I'm certain that's what it was. An exhibition to show of the abilities of all of the characters revealed thus far. Now the real stuff is about to begin.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Is that left arm on Helix just janking all off Min Min's shit? I'm having a hard time seeing stuff.

Wished they invited Dabuz again. He's pretty good about breaking down the game in detail. He's also honest about whether the game is good or not.

Doorman

The shield is actually stronger than I would have first thought, considering it can even knock down the Megaton.

Maneuverability is key to get around that. Either curved punches or a lot of dashing to the side so that when the shield is out and stalled it's in a disadvantageous position. You saw it early in the round where it wound up way far off from where Minmin actually was at the time. I bet the slapamander and chakram style arms will be pretty effective as a countermeasure.

Ok that helix player got rekt p good O.O the minmin was good at maneuvering around the helix's slower arms.

You can tell that the guy isn't using DNA Man's dodging moveset at all.

I feel like someone who knows how to properly use him will be a threat.
Agreed, I wasn't seeing any helix shenanigans.

You can tell that the guy isn't using DNA Man's dodging moveset at all.

I feel like someone who knows how to properly use him will be a threat.

Top Bottom