• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter - $100k; already in dev, mid-2015 release, PC only

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the time it took me to watch the video and read through the page I saw it jump nearly 25% of its goal. Somehow I think this is going to be done before 3pm EST. On to the stretch! Now about that messenger bag...hrmm.

mclem

Pledged. Might change the values down the line, but for now, I'm in slightly higher than I was for the first Kickstarter.

I wonder if they have any other stretch goal ideas beyond 300k. I have a feeling they will get there.

If the last listed stretch goal is any indication, it will be companion quests.

No, it's a fresh campaign. The FAQ at the bottom of the kickstarter explains why.. basically for balancing and story reasons.

Having said that, I do think it's time they start to add more detailed references to previous titles in the story. Make the world more interconnected somehow.
Excellent. It's for the best.

IIRC there was some sort of reference in Dragonfall to DMS, but maybe I'm imagining it. HK campaign will probably acknowledge the previous campaigns happened without needing to be intricately tied to them.

deleted

I'm atm playing through Dragonfall and am enjoying it very much - I'm in. And the 100k enhancements are exactly things I'm missing right now.

15$ now, maybe more later...

Lime

Extremely happy with HBS and after backing with 125 the last time, I'll probably do something similar, although I don't need that messenger bag.

Only backed 30 last time, and after how amazing Dragonfall was, I felt bad I didn't kick in more. 150 out this time.
Though cmon it's for the messenger bag you know it. You guys know how the pledge stuff works with international shipping? I pledge the 150 and shipping'll be a later added cost I guess?

marrec

Banned
I think I've paid more than $150 dollars for accessories that I wanted less and this one happens to actually come with a game which is nice too.

Corpekata

Banned
wat

Shadow run is the setting. The CRPG can be as complex as you like. I like it complex.

He means that looting is not part of the core ideas. It is actively discouraged in the game setting and tabletop because everything is tracked. Looting every run you do would be counter to the ideas of the property.

Adnor

Banned
Only backed 30 last time, and after how amazing Dragonfall was, I felt bad I didn't kick in more. 150 out this time.
Though cmon it's for the messenger bag you know it. You guys know how the pledge stuff works with international shipping? I pledge the 150 and shipping'll be a later added cost I guess?

From their FAQ:
I’m not in the USA - How do I figure out my International shipping costs for the physical rewards?
You should be able to get a general estimate at http://postcalc.usps.com/. Our estimated weight for the messenger bag is 2-3 lbs, the collectible figures will be 3-4 lbs depending on how many characters are unlocked during the Kickstarter campaign.

And
Okay, I figured out my International Shipping costs. How do I give you the money???
After the Kickstarter closes, you'll receive a link to a tool that allows you to enter your shipping information and pay the shipping cost.

You have to show the bag in a video ;)

Glad to see this was funded within a few hours coming out the gate. The series and dev's truly deserve it.

This will be my first Kickstarter (I'm generally against the idea but I have 100% faith in these guys). I haven't had chance to back it yet but will in a few days.

Now to roll on those stretch goals. I just really want to see what Racter looks like. He has the potential to be the best looking character, though that is only because the cast in design doesn't compare to Dragonfall's Eiger and Glory. But when I say that I realise I really like Gobbet, Wu and Is0bel, it is just Dragonfall has cool looking characters.

Pilgrimzero

Do I need a Shadowrun Returns messenger bag to go with my Shadowrun Returns dog tag USB key?

Bet your ass chummer.

Spent the extra to get the dogtags last time. They were borked. Got sent a new pair, also didn't work. Did some research and turns out they are a cheap brand. Gave up after that.

While I'd like one of those spiffy bags I have no faith in rewards like that. Still kicked in my $15 for the game though. That stuff is always quality.

denshuu

Awesome. Backed.

I hope Glory makes a cameo. Harrow would probably high tail it to Hong Kong at some point.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I'll throw $15 or so at it before it comes to an end. Dead Man's Switch was just "okay" but Dragonfall was truly an A+ RPG experience.

Zatoth

Guess I'll stick with the 15$ level this time.

Messenger back looks nice and all, but at the moment I don't think I want to pay that much for it.

ZoddGutts

Had a feeling this would do very good on it's first day, only thing I'm surprise is the low funding goal, thought it would be around 400K. Anyways here's hoping they pass 300K soon so that they'll add more stretch goals/game content.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Had a feeling this would do very good on it's first day, only thing I'm surprise is the low funding goal, thought it would be around 400K. Anyways here's hoping they pass 300K soon so that they'll add more stretch goals/game content.

The game is already funded, this is for extra features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom