• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter - $100k; already in dev, mid-2015 release, PC only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a feeling this would do very good on it's first day, only thing I'm surprise is the low funding goal, thought it would be around 400K. Anyways here's hoping they pass 300K soon so that they'll add more stretch goals/game content.

Right now it seems very likely that they'll end closer-than-not to a million donationbucks.

It'll be very interesting to see what the strech goals are beyond companion quests.

Best part about this project...people know what they're getting, and they want more of it.

I'm still blown away by how great the two campaigns were. I enjoyed Returns / Dragonfall more than most AAA titles I played last year.

rickyson1

haven't played the other ones yet(although I do have them and intend to) but have heard enough good things about them to back this one

Verger

Banned
Wow, this already hit its mark?

Dragonfall must have been crazy good since I started the original campaign and it didn't grab me

Browny

Banned
Just backed this... Was sorely tempted at $150, but in any case this has been a favourite game for me for a good while now. Being a big fan of table-top RPGs, and in a relatively untapped game environment; plus it reminds me of Laser Squad for the Spectrum (in a nostalgic way).

pa22word

Backed at the 25$ level. Game + OST + novel sounds like a great deal to me. I hope the novel is at least as good as the stuff we got out of the Wasteland 2 KS, even though it seems like I was the only one on the face of the planet that actually read them and enjoyed that they put the effort out to do something like that =\

Completely understand HBS is dropping the tablet version but still disappointed. I much preferred playing on a tablet for Dead Man Switch.

Maybe, if the kickstarter keeps going at this rate, HBS could add a stretch goal for controller support or a console port.

Labadal

Those stretch goals are lame.

I want a more complex game with loot and inventory.

I am guessing those stretch goals are "lame" on purpose. I bet you that they probably expected this to do a lot more than $100k but went with a low initial goal on purpose.

Durante

I think the initial interface goal is pretty damn important, so it's good that the put it so early. I wonder if we will see more significant gameplay stretch goals, or just "1 more sidequest" all the way up to whatever the final tally is.

Honestly, I'm fine with either option.

Corpekata

Banned
I hope "make decking not super terrible" is a stretch goal. Even with a decking focused character like Blitz it was a huge chore in Dragonfall.

For me I'm most excited about the VA stretch goals. While I don't mind reading, I think some voiced exposition will add to the immersion on the story.

RK9039

They are making one or two games right now besides Shadownrun aren't they? I want to see what's going on with the dungeon action game they're making.

Pardon the Chummerspeak, but Slap my Hoop and Call me JetBlack!

I feel like taking out a 15k loan to grab the 10k Pledge, fly to Seattle, and play SR with the greats..

That $500 level is big, big news for older players.. we haven't had an opportunity to get into the lore since Super Tuesday and Dunklezahn's Will..

Think about it, that's an opportunity for one of your runners to appear, even in passing, in the Canon lore of Shardowrun. That's insane and amazing.

And on top of that they're making a tabletop sourcebook for the campaign!! I've been wanting to run my players (I GM a 2050's campaign) through something like Dragonfall since it came out :p

EDIT: Time for a Celebratory Avatar Switch, methinks.

They are making one or two games right now besides Shadownrun aren't they? I want to see what's going on with the dungeon action game they're making.

That's Shadowrun Online. Different Developer, they did Jagged Alliance online, et al. Had a reeeeeeally rough start, but it's shaping up to be a really fun (If brutally difficult) Online StratRPG.

I like that they kept the goal reasonable.

I backed the original Kickstarter for $125 (physical box tier), but I only did $55 this time. I'm just not ever going to put the sourcebooks to good use.

Instro

I'd probably back but I need to save my money right now. Seems like a cool campaign though, I like that its PC only and near completion.

Almighty

A little late, but dang funded already. I also forgot to mention how glad I am they dropped mobile support as the UI and other things in the first two were clearly designed around it to the detriment of the PC. The PC sales must of just blown it out of the water for them to just completely abandon support like that.

If we assume they end the first 24 hours with about $250k and that the first day accounts for about 35% of the total, they'd end up with around $700k when they're finished.

Nice that should allow them to add a few more stretch goals.

GavinUK86

I'm in for $25. Full size digital map could come in handy and the ebook novel could be a fun read. I missed the original KS campaign so I jumped onto this one straight away. Both previous games are some of my favourites of the past few years so there's no way I'm missing this one. Hong Kong is a perfect setting for cyberpunk and the new additions like better controls and animations sound great. PC only is good to hear too, better scaling and even prettier.

TheBear

I really enjoyed the first Shadowrun Returns, how difficult would it be for the developers to put in XCOM style gamepad controls? Would they work with this game?

spliced

$200,000 - Racter joins your team of runners! Racter is a Russian rigger with a wry smile who relates better to his custom drone than he does to people. We'll tell you about Racter's unique gameplay abilities and player-influenced upgrade paths when we get closer to unlocking him.

They might wanna get on that fairly soon.

Lime

I could do without animated cutscenes as the funding goals, but maybe HBS are saving the best for later?

Corpekata

Banned
I presume the shaman side quest goal is because the other companions already have side missions right? They're not gonna make us unlock EVERY side mission (besides probably the rigger).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I presume the shaman side quest goal is because the other companions already have side missions right? They're not gonna make us unlock EVERY side mission (besides probably the rigger).

It might even be an additional side mission to ones that are already part of the main game. Maybe its a second one.

You know it is a new year proper when you can see a great game project on KS and just grin and nod to yourself at the monitor as the totals tick up...and up...and up throughout the first day of getting launched well past the initial goal.

Every other team or individual that comes back to KS after a successful first round within this last year or 2 has got to be taking some notes while having their own hopes bolstered that it can indeed be alright---2015 is going to be such a crazy year on Kickstarter.

Fjordson

Probably. Or maybe it's just an extra mission on top of the regular side missions since Dragonfall already had special missions for each of your crew members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom