• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV official website will unveil something on its own timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
32cv_zps3cf84c42.gif

Shizuka

Well does Team Maniax have any other avenues for sharing info (like the Persona team has their own Persona Twitter account)? SMT IV was their last game so it would make sense to post something on the SMT IV Twitter, even if it's not related to SMT IV.

Aren't they developing #FE Revelations?

Bardiche

SMT V for PS4 or N3DS please.

I wouldn't oppose to having an enhanced version of SMT IV either since it was amazing.

EMan

An enhanced version of SMT IV or an announcement for SMT V maybe???. What ever it is i'm excited.

Arcia

Banned
This is great! I'm just glad that they at least haven't forgotten that SMT exists. As much as I love Persona, I was worried they weren't going to do anything else with the original franchise...

FluxWaveZ

Aren't they developing #FE Revelations?

No. That's a team composed of various Atlus developers, from the Devil Survivor team, to the ones who made Radiant Historia, to Team Maniax members. There's a bunch of outsourcing with that project, too, and some Nintendo involvement.

BedBison

Neo Member
This is exciting. If it is SMTV I'm curious what system it'll be on. Nowadays it seems like most non-Persona SMT games are on 3DS so I'm guessing it'll be that. There's no reason for them to change systems considering how well SMTIV sold on there. Nintendo probably doesn't want them talking NX yet so I doubt it'll be that.

It's just gonna be something stupid like a SMTIV reprint or something lets be honest

This is exciting. If it is SMTV I'm curious what system it'll be on. Nowadays it seems like most non-Persona SMT games are on 3DS so I'm guessing it'll be that. There's no reason for them to change systems considering how well SMTIV sold on there. Nintendo probably doesn't want them talking NX yet so I doubt it'll be that.

It's possible they announce it with no platform, like they did with Etrian Odyssey V (which I strongly suspect is on the NX for this reason, as well as the complete radio silence since). If that happens, I would say the most likely reason is because it's on the NX.

Otherwise, it could just be for 3DS.

squadr0n

The was another new game hinted at last year that was in development so I'm assuming this is it. There's no possibility that they will show gameplay or announce the console if it is on NX before Nintendo has a chance to reveal the console.

Seems weird to promote a sequel on the SMTIV site instead of a new teaser site, so I'm voting for HD/console port.

Wild speculation: the crack pattern makes it look like an eye with the question mark as the pupil. Haven't played IV yet so I have no idea if this iconography is in the game or not.

Thoraxes

I don't know what this is or will be, but I want it.

I'd be cool with an HD remaster, or a phone port. I don't think they'd put out word of SMTV so soon, and with a twitter campaign predicated by a BEST price version release, but who knows.

Also ground shaking/breaking could be related to you know what.

Hylian7

Why would it be dead? SMT IV was very successful. Not Persona successful but still.

Honestly, with the way that SMTxFE/Genei Ibun Roku #FE turned out as more of a Persona-like game than SMT at all, it feels like Persona is kind of eclipsing SMT as far as what Atlus is concerned with.

Also that symbol doesn't look familiar at all, perhaps it is a new game?

SMT4 spoiler:
The "disaster" for SMT4 occurred well before the events of the game, and if this would imply one will happen this might be a new game

Zolo

Hopefully at least an enhanced version sort of announcement.

Edit: Nevermind. Not possible with the announced re-release. Maybe a port or some kind of spin-off.

Granteed

Banned
I imagine it's some sort of enhanced rerelease if they're announcing it on the game's site rather than on a new teaser site. Though you never know, they could be pulling an SE and just be hyping a remix album or a concert.

Thoraxes

I imagine it's some sort of enhanced rerelease if they're announcing it on the game's site rather than on a new teaser site. Though you never know, they could be pulling an SE and just be hyping a remix album or a concert.

SMTIV's music would not be well-suited to a concert lol.

However, an arrange album would be rad.

True Fire

YES! I've been waiting for mainline Megaten news.

I'm guessing it's going to be a Shin Megami Tensei IV enhanced port for PS4 featuring 3D models all throughout and
Dante from the Devil May Cry series

Or maybe SMT V for 3DS. It's just that mainline SMT games tend to be on a once-a-decade timer now.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: The Animation

don't ask why it's two years late

Actually, I changed my mind. I think this may be it.

Honestly, with the way that SMTxFE/Genei Ibun Roku #FE turned out as more of a Persona-like game than SMT at all, it feels like Persona is kind of eclipsing SMT as far as what Atlus is concerned with.

Also that symbol doesn't look familiar at all, perhaps it is a new game?

SMT4 spoiler:
The "disaster" for SMT4 occurred well before the events of the game, and if this would imply one will happen this might be a new game

SMTIV is the best selling entry in the series so far and sold more than III in North America and Japan. Given the strong word of mouth, there's no way Atlus will give up on this.

YES! I've been waiting for mainline Megaten news.

I'm guessing it's going to be a Shin Megami Tensei IV enhanced port for PS4 featuring 3D models all throughout and
Dante from the Devil May Cry series

Or maybe SMT V for 3DS. It's just that mainline SMT games tend to be on a once-a-decade timer now.

Yeah i want IV enchanced in 3d or V.
Anything else is truly a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom