• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV official website will unveil something on its own timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smt v on console or handheld is fine..
Smtiv port/remaster on console is fine..
Don't be a mobile or f2p..
My heart would break...

Granteed

Banned
Yeah, but what's the upside? Graphics take a hit, however minor. Sound takes a hit. The upside is... I can take it on the go? Fuck that. That's not an upgrade.

Probably implementing improvements they've made to series since the game's last release, like the removal of skill shuffling?

L~A

Huh? Isn't something strange with the counter? Maybe I was too sleepy when I first checked it out, ha.

TreIII

How interesting. I hope it's a SMTV for 3DS. Or failing that, some type of upgrade for IV. I'll play it again!

duckroll

Business-wise it's unlikely that this is an enhanced re-release of SMTIV. If they wanted to do that, they would have already done that. To add to that, the main reason there is promotional stuff going on for SMTIV now is because the budget re-release of SMTIV is shipping in Japan this week on the 8th. So whatever this announce is, they're tagging along with that, hoping to get some attention and sell more copies to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

Could be SMTV, could be something new by the SMTIV team - like SMT SJ or whatever. Either way, I hope it's something cool with art style in that vein. I love Soejima's Persona 5 designs, but we need some Kaneko stuff or Kaneko inspired stuff to balance it out!

Sandfox

Yeah, but what's the upside? Graphics take a hit, however minor. Sound takes a hit. The upside is... I can take it on the go? Fuck that. That's not an upgrade.
The point would probably be to just sell the game to a newer audience rather than upgrade the graphics and music.

L Thammy

I'm seeing this. Maybe someone can figure it out if we can see a bit more.

1vF4nYy.jpg

Hylian7

that says persona

Shin Megami Tensei x Persona 4 incoming

the final P4 spinoff

LALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

The A looks like an Anarchist symbol. We don't have enough information to conclude it's Persona-related at all. I would argue it's the subtitle of a Strange Journey-esque spinoff.

Fool me once Atlus....

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Doubt it's Persona, and I say that because I really want it to have nothing to do with Persona. And I say that as someone who loves both SMT and Persona very, very much.

L Thammy

Logically, if it's being revealed on the Shin Megami Tensei IV website, shouldn't it have something to do with Shin Megami Tensei IV? Or at least Shin Megami Tensei proper.

L~A

My guess is that the "game" is featured in Famitsu this week, so they're going to "reveal" it ahead of the usual leaks.

FluxWaveZ

In general, at least going by prior release history, it seems way too early for V.

Persona 5: Revealed in 2013; releasing in 2016.
Etrian Odyssey V: Revealed in 2014; releasing in ??? (likely 2016).
(Nintendo, but still considering) Genei Ibun Roku #FE: Revealed in 2013; releasing in 2015.
Shin Megami Tensei V: Revealed in 2015; releasing in ???.

2017 would be 4 years after SMT IV. Despite SMT mainline's history, I wouldn't think of it as way too early.

Though, I'm not saying that this is SMT V. Could be a spin-off. Atlus had specific ideas in their survey earlier this year that hinted at ideas that could be used for an SMT spin-off game.

My guess is that the "game" is featured in Famitsu this week, so they're going to "reveal" it ahead of the usual leaks.

Yep.

In this case, it's possible they timed it to end around 12:00 AM JST on October 6 or soon after, before information for this week's issues of Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation start leaking out.

Alo0oy

Banned
A bit too early to announce anything for the NX Platform, don't you think? Even with DQXI & DQX, Square-Enix immediately backed off from their NX talk.

I don't think they backed off the X announcement, or at least I don't remember them doing so.

Semajer

I would have thought that anything SMT-releated would have to be a Maniax-style upgrade knowing how infrequently the series is capable of releasing. I did once think an upgraded release was what was keeping the European release of SMTIV from releasing. It does seem a bit late for an upgraded release for 3DS with the new Nintendo handheld expected soonish, and too soon for an NX announcement.

October 30th, 2014?

Sorry. We were waiting for so long that sometimes I forget the wait came to an end.

Hylian7

I would have thought that anything SMT-releated would have to be a Maniax-style upgrade knowing how infrequently the series is capable of releasing. I did once think an upgraded release was what was keeping the European release of SMTIV from releasing, but it does seem a bit late for that now with the new Nintendo handheld expected soonish.

Sorry. We were waiting for so long that sometimes I forget the wait came to an end.

I don't really think that grafiti tag with anarchist symbol art style would fit any kind of SMT4 Maniax Edition thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom