• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV official website will unveil something on its own timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Y'know, if it is an enhanced re-release, I hope it's on something other than 3DS. Something that would give us better sound quality due to more storage space. I want to crank the boss themes so loud that they destroy my ears.

FluxWaveZ

Guys, why would they tease a re-release for the game and thus negatively impact the sales of the upcoming re-release this is being teased with?

Zyrox

Oh this is exciting. Loved the PS2 SMT games. Didn't play IV because I can't stand first person battles.

I wonder what exactly this is. They did say at TGS that they'd reveal a new game soon...

ohlawd

I wish the tweet rate was faster than this shit. I'd rather be hit by the bad news now rather than waking up to it

Hylian7

That doesn't make sense. Square Enix wasn't in the process of re-releasing The World Ends With You for the DS when they announced the mobile game.

Except they dangled this carrot over our heads and a member of the localization staff actually lied on Twitter about it to build false hype when rumors leaked that it was just an iOS port.

FluxWaveZ

Except they dangled this carrot over our heads and a member of the localization staff actually lied on Twitter about it to build false hype when rumors leaked that it was just an iOS port.

Okay. That has nothing to do with what I said.

Your argument still doesn't invalidate it though. I could totally see them going "Hey this game is already being re-released on 3DS....and now here it is on a new platform!"

And thus negatively impact the sales of their upcoming re-release on the 3DS?

It is not happening.

Sophia

Your argument still doesn't invalidate it though. I could totally see them going "Hey this game is already being re-released on 3DS....and now here it is on a new platform!"

Flux is right, that doesn't make much sense. Not consistent with Atlus MO as far as I know either.

I can imagine nothing more deflating than yet another 3DS game where the dev says "surprise! We ported an amazing game to a system that can't handle it!"

Especially if it's nocturne.
I wouldn't call Nocturne a very demanding game. Most of its environments consist of dungeons or small locales, and most of the demons are relatively simple in terms of design. This isn't like Xenoblade where it has to process huge, open fields and detailed monsters/characters all at once.

That isn't to say Nocturne doesn't look good, but most of it comes from its art direction, and that wouldn't be too difficult to port to the 3DS.

Tirod

I want to believe in SMT V so, so much.

I'm just gonna assume it's some sort of merchandise announcement (arranged music album, animation, figures).

Faustek

I'm really in need of a console release. Don't get me wrong. I love the handheld games. But man do I miss a proper follow up to Lucifer's call/Nocturne.

Does anyone know what Kaneko is doing? No jokes about being the head janitor please :(

Verder

YO

YOOOOOOOOOO

if SMT V gets announced or something.

lawd.

or a remaster with full 3d battles and longer story....

impact

Banned
Hopefully a PS4 or PC remaster. It always bothered me how much better SMT3 looked over SMT4. And those controls, ugh.

FluxWaveZ

c'mon guys, retweet!

I really should just sleep and see what this is tomorrow...

When Atlus does Twitter campaigns, they measure it and time it very deliberately so that they will end around a specific time they want it to. This has been the most apparent during their live streams, when they started and ended multi-step Twitter campaigns during events such as the P4D launch stream or the Atlus-Vanillaware Summer stream.

In this case, it's possible they timed it to end around 12:00 AM JST on October 6 or soon after, before information for this week's issues of Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation start leaking out.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I wouldn't call Nocturne a very demanding game. Most of its environments consist of dungeons or small locales, and most of the demons are relatively simple in terms of design. This isn't like Xenoblade where it has to process huge, open fields and detailed monsters/characters all at once.

That isn't to say Nocturne doesn't look good, but most of it comes from its art direction, and that wouldn't be too difficult to port to the 3DS.

Yeah, but what's the upside? Graphics take a hit, however minor. Sound takes a hit. The upside is... I can take it on the go? Fuck that. That's not an upgrade.

If Atlus is going to devote resources to something, they should make something legitimately better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom