• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2008 edition

Finally moved upstairs so I can set this up :D Been a week so far, still organizing stuff. I just opened the door so I could get some light on the stand for a good photo. Trying to find some plain black boxes to put in the tv stand to hold movies and other things, 2 per shelf I guess. Any thoughts??

Click images for a larger view.

Temp setup until the media room is ready. =)

IMG_1259s.jpg

PS3 on top of the sub is just for size comparison.

IMG_1223s.jpg

Brandson

ImperialConquest said:
This is the only reason I come to this thread, in hopes of finding a new set-up such as yours.

Bravo, great job.

A-
Minus 1 point for no 360. Seriously now, you can obviously afford one. Put your Sony-love, M$-hate aside and get one. It'd complete an already awesome set-up.

Your post has quenched my thirst for now, but I'll have to wait another month or two for another awesome post.

Bitter-sweet indeed.

Thanks for the nice compliments. Maybe I'll post more pics in a year or whenever I make more major upgrades. :D

I've thought about getting a 360 but I don't like to have extra electronics sitting around that I don't use, regardless of the cost. After getting through one or two games that interest me, I just don't think I'd use it. I really like the elegance of the PS3's bluray, dvd, and media playback, in addition to the PS3/PS2/PSX gaming (mine has full BC). I like having one primary source for everything. My Wii is really just a Wii Sports machine for guests. I don't think I have MS-hate, I just don't really want another console.

Blackface

Banned
-xBerserker- said:
Finally moved upstairs so I can set this up :D Been a week so far, still organizing stuff. I just opened the door so I could get some light on the stand for a good photo. Trying to find some plain black boxes to put in the tv stand to hold movies and other things, 2 per shelf I guess. Any thoughts??

hands down best TV stand in this thread.

please tell me it's actually wood with a real finish, and not particle board with a cheap Ikea vinyl finish.

Jaroof

donkey show said:
My slightly updated setup. Got some hand-me-down Kenwood front left and front right speakers from my pops. I love how it looks with my lights in the background.

sept08setup03.JPG

Wow. Wtf is that Gamecube controller/keyboard at the bottom? And what games would you use that for? I've never seen that before.

Jaroof said:
Wow. Wtf is that Gamecube controller/keyboard at the bottom? And what games would you use that for? I've never seen that before.

Really you never saw that controller? I believe that controller was built for pso.

User2k

Jaroof said:
Yup, never seen it before. Must have been weird to play with...

:lol

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw it. You think they would have realized how poor that design is. I'm laughing every time I look at it.

This is what it says on the website.

"handcrafted of hardwood with special wood composite panels"

Trax416 said:
hands down best TV stand in this thread.

please tell me it's actually wood with a real finish, and not particle board with a cheap Ikea vinyl finish.

Ya, I won't be getting a sound system until earlier next year. So that should be interesting to see how it will fit with the tv stand.

memecomplex said:
Very nice look! I was toying with this idea myself, but my center speaker won't fit:(

Yama

Super_Chicken said:
WOW! My PS3 on my tv has the clock right in the top right corner (this photo has a couple inch clearance.

I should really get a more up to date HDTV :(. Sporting an old Sony Grand Wega.
Full Pixel for the win.

buffi

Banned
joelseph said:
Motherfucker, where can I get me some of the wallpaper?

What the hell... like 10 posts or something and a few PM regarding my wallpaper (seen in this pic: http://i37.tinypic.com/2s9u0i9.jpg ) :)
I live in Sweden and I don't think you have precisely this one in America...

The collection for it is called Bijoux and it is the black one pictures here:
http://www.intrade.se/produktinformation/bijoux_5.html

Price was about $75/roll and the wall that is wallpapered took 4 or 5 rolls, I can't remember exactly but the wall is about 6 meters.

edit: Hm, it was actually about $90/roll apparently. I thought it was 500SEK but it was 600.
Wallpaper is expensive :(

jimmbow said:
OOOOOO is that the Gundam 00 Blu-Ray!!??? If so, how is it?? Also, what kind of cases are those you have on the sides of your TV?
Nope, not the Blu-Ray. It's just the HD feed streaming from my comp to the Triple. But it does give a good idea of what the Blu-Ray version should be like, if not extremely better. As for the shelves, those are Billy bookcases from Ikea.

It's the greatest GC controller ever. :lol It was made specifically for PSO, but the damn keys are way small. I use it for all my GC games though because it's fun and I can just lay it on my lap. ^^

Treo360

The Bookerman said:
Animation Mentor???

You lucky SOB. If I had money, I would have studied there.

How is it?

It's like nothing I have ever attended. It's really fast paced, one week you're doing poses and then you're animating. I've never animated before and after 10 weeks I have managed to keep a B+ average so it's doing its job.

Mentor critiques can be rough at times but it is all aimed at helping you progress.

Good stuff for sure.

Sorry for the derail.

waxer

Just upgraded mine. Just got a pc so bigger screen needed with higher res( KLV-40S400A ). Had a 26" v series before. Need a lower sturdier table to put the tv on so its more even for the cockpit when racing.
I dont actually use the 360 like that :) About to sell it. Hasnt even been plugged in for months.
ev2n7r.jpg

2u4hemc.jpg

edit swapped around
2mezk7l.jpg

dzw75e.jpg

makpq8.jpg

While the cockpit was out I finally got around to taking some shots of it while it with enough room to step back and take a photo.
mb39xe.jpg

Taurus

Here's mine:

Samsung 52" LE-656A LCD
Onkyo 606 AVR
HTPC (for movies, music, surfing etc. Antec Fusion 2 case)
Wii (XO is only a matter of time, Wii60 ftw)
Audio Pro Evidence series speakers and Audio Pro Sub Focus subwoofer

The back speaker stands are actually DVD shelves which I found from a local supermarket. :)

2dandl2.jpg

2008p6v.jpg

2n7fix1.jpg

fjnq7k.jpg

waxer said:
headphone setup

Is that a Woo Audio tube amp I see there? How does it perform with video games? Are you using a DAC for your sources?

I've been contemplating getting rid of my speaker system since college living means smaller spaces to work with.

btf1980

Brandson said:
tv: LG 42LC7D (unfortunately only 720p - will be upgrading this next year)
speakers: Paradigm Signature S6 v.2
sub: JL Audio Fathom F112
preamp: Emotiva RSP-1
amplifier: D-Sonic Magnum 1000S (500 watts per channel)
cd player/dac: Cambridge Audio Azur 840C (connected to my ps3 and pc with a Trends UD-10.1)
power: Monster HTS2600MKII
over-the-air hdtv tuner: Samsung DTB-H260F with Radio Shack 15-1880 antenna
consoles: PS3 60GB and Wii

Awesome set-up. The Sigs are gorgeous speakers.

WiCkEd_Co

Mine is not as nice as everyone else's.

This was last year, 32" 720p

DSC02714.jpg

And this was today, 46' 1080p

DSC05226.jpg

DSC05223.jpg

DSC05229.jpg

DSC05224.jpg

Yes the Wii is now gone.

-PXG-

New pics:

100_1455.jpg

100_1440.jpg

- 26" Vizio Class LCD HDTV (VW26L)
- 19" Memorex LCD HDTV (MLT1912)
- JBL Computer Speakers
- Xbox 360 Pro (20 GB)
- PlayStation 3 (60 GB NTSC) w/ internal 320 GB HDD
- Nintendo Wii
- Lenovo R61 Laptop (15.4" screen, 2 Ghz CPU, 4 GB RAM, Windows XP, ect ect)
- Wacom Graphire Tablet (5" x 6")
- HP Scanjet Scanner (not shown)

I am still thinking about returning the Vizio and getting a 32" incher instead.

waxer

Rancid Mildew said:
Is that a Woo Audio tube amp I see there? How does it perform with video games? Are you using a DAC for your sources?

I've been contemplating getting rid of my speaker system since college living means smaller spaces to work with.
Its a little dot mk 3
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/review-little-dot-mkiii-tube-headphone-amp-pre-amp-309855/
Ive been using the jvc su-dh1 that everyone on here loves for 5.1 ps3 gaming. I only just got the pc so Im going to have to invest in something better for it.
I have been contemplating a ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp

Just finished repainting my room and installing new furniture. I also recently eBay'd a whole bunch of stuff (a bunch of games, my PSP and PSP collection), so I decided to go for the minimalist look for my gaming setup:

20qjj40.jpg

I've decided to only keep one of my consoles hooked up at a time to cut down on clutter. My PS2 slim and GCN w/ Gameboy Player are in the drawers.

Thanks to my taking stock of my gaming collection and getting rid of most of it (especially the stuff I'd never play over new stuff), it now all fits into one drawer:

29lztis.jpg

I can has 1337 Hradc0re gamer cred?

BBS G35

Posted my setup before, but bought a new TV.

Old TV = Panasonic Plasma TH50PX60U 1366x768 10,000:1 DCR
New TV = Samsung Plasma PN50A550 1920x1080 1,000,000:1 DCR

Also my new Pioneer receiver should arrive on Monday

setup1004.jpg

Picture330.jpg

Setup3.jpg

008.jpg

After posting the last pic I noticed my center channel was not centered because of the HD DVD's pushing it to the right..So I moved a couple HD DVD's to center it better, but I don't feel like posting another pic :D

mtommy

Neo Member
Recent shots from my current toys.
----------------------------------------
PIONEER KURO PDP-5010FD
PIONEER 7.1 RECEIVER VSX-9120THX
PIONEER BLU-RAY PLAYER BDP-51FD
MONSTER HTS1600 POWERCENTER
ATHENA LS-SERIES SPEAKERS & SUB
XBOX360 & PS3
HD-PVR SA8300
LOGITECH HARMONY ONE REMOTE

23kfdiw.jpg

2qjdh93.jpg

9gzzp5.jpg

pio610se3.jpg

Some of you got some pretty whack setups over here !!!

Aurora

User2k said:
:lol

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw it. You think they would have realized how poor that design is. I'm laughing every time I look at it.
Actually worked pretty well.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Can any of you guys recommend back lighting for my TV? At the moment I am just using an old lamp and I really need a better solution.

CAVE343

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Thanks to my taking stock of my gaming collection and getting rid of most of it (especially the stuff I'd never play over new stuff), it now all fits into one drawer:

29lztis.jpg

I like the games in the drawer, makes it look neat. I also have my games tucked away in the tv cabinet :)

BBS G35 said:
Posted my setup before, but bought a new TV.
setup1004.jpg

008.jpg
Nice setup and nice new tv!
Games in cabinet is win :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Router said:
Can any of you guys recommend back lighting for my TV? At the moment I am just using an old lamp and I really need a better solution.

I used some Ikea tretton I think they're called. Little thin LED lights that you can stick to the back of your TV. I have two sets in line so they reach all round the TV.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Router said:

If you have a pc setup. Use a cathode light. You can find them for less than $10 in various colors.

Top Bottom