• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2008 edition

Souther

Banned
A pretty crappy pic from my cell phone. Didn't get my framed Akira poster in this shot.(Kaneda walking to his bike)

myplace1754.jpg

Finally, a couple of months after i moved I'm as good as finished ... with my living room at least. I like it, turned out really comfortable. :)

Wohnzimmer021108_01.jpg

Wohnzimmer021108_02.jpg

Wohnzimmer021108_03.jpg

Wohnzimmer021108_04.jpg

Wohnzimmer021108_05.jpg

Wohnzimmer021108_06.jpg

Wohnzimmer021108_07.jpg

Wohnzimmer021108_08.jpg

Wohnzimmer021108_09.jpg

Wohnzimmer021108_10.jpg

Chaz Ashley said:
Finally, a couple of months after i moved I'm as good as finished ... with my living room at least. I like it, turned out really comfortable. :)

Wow... my gaming set up is a mess, though with the same image quality / enjoyment of games factor. Are you sure it's a good idea to visually admit your obscene levels of OCD?

Edit: What manner of axes are those? If that's an authentic Gibson, then my apologies. If it's an Epiphone, then LULZ!!!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I think the curtains are nice and go well with the colors of the room, but they're too much when seen all together (like in the picture of the computer desk). It'd work better if the windows were smaller and spaced further apart.

Threi said:
dont like to post negative comments but those curtains really do look WAY out of place.

The camera flash made them look brighter than they actually are, normally they're more "see-through". I like them anyway. :)

Mango Positive said:
Wow... my gaming set up is a mess, though with the same image quality / enjoyment of games factor. Are you sure it's a good idea to visually admit your obscene levels of OCD?

OCD in what way? I like colors a lot so I can't help having so many pictures, if that'S what you mean. :)

Edit: What manner of axes are those? If that's an authentic Gibson, then my apologies. If it's an Epiphone, then LULZ!!!

Nah, it's just a cheap knock-off, enough for jamming around a bit now and then. The one in the back is the RockBand-Guitar, thought i'ts hard to see on the picture.

I've finally got my new setup going and can post in this thread. What started out as a simple speaker upgrade turned into this huge ordeal because I needed new furniture to accomodate everything. So here goes....

Old Hardware Replaced:

Pioneer VSX-811 Receiver
Sony Speakers

New Hardware:

Pioneer Elite SC-07 Receiver
Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD Player
AV123 Speakers

Hardware that stayed the same:

Sony KF-50WE610 HDTV
DirecTV TiVo HR10-250
Sony 60 GB PlayStation 3
Sony PlayStation 2
Microsoft Xbox (used for XBMC)
Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii

Here's pics of the old setup.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Here is the pile of cables that is left over as extra cables after I undid everything and hooked things up to the new receiver.

3.JPG

Here's the final result of the new stuff.

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

And for good measure, here's pics of my game room.

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

I still need to take pics of the cabinet that has all the consoles in it, and still need to get stuff from my parents place, but that's what I've got going so far.

kiun

Marty Chinn said:
And for good measure, here's pics of my game room.

11.JPG

I still need to take pics of the cabinet that has all the consoles in it, and still need to get stuff from my parents place, but that's what I've got going so far.

The dvd shelf on the right, is that an Atlantic Oskar ?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I was on the verge of saying "holy fuck balls" but I saw Marty's name and for some reason, everything felt right in the world. The new living room set up looks boss man.

Kintaro said:
I was on the verge of saying "holy fuck balls" but I saw Marty's name and for some reason, everything felt right in the world. The new living room set up looks boss man.

Heh, thanks. I really struggled over what I was going to do when I realized I needed to get a new TV stand and how things were going to work, but once I realized I could fit and move both DVD shelves to the one corner, before it was just the lamp and the single chair, it just all kind of came together that I was going to like the new layout.

I'm always amazed at the cost of furniture and surprisingly, the audio rack cost just as much as the TV stand. I'm mind blown how those two things cost the same amount of money. Audio racks are expensive for only god knows why.

I'm also still amazed at how many cables were left over after I hooked everything up. Given that this new receiver was way awesome, I was able to hook everything that had an HDMI port up to it so that all four were filled. Then I hooked the remaining up with component video so that all three were filled. But the HDMI really cut down the cable mess a lot. On top of that, I was able to remove my Audio Authority component switch box out of the equation which cut down on wires and since my receiver can convert any signal to HDMI output, I simply now have one cable going to the TV. So all that alone cut out a lot of the clutter. Then I realized I had a bunch of old outdated cables that I won't ever use again like s-video and composite video so I stripped all that out too. It's so much cleaner in the back now and I haven't gotten to cable organization yet. I love HDMI =)

njp142 said:
Hey Marty, what TV stand is that? Looks great!

It's a Tech-Craft SWP60. It comes in a couple different colors and can be had for as cheap as about $250 I think plus shipping. There was actually a door on the center that wasn't glass but a black mesh for the speaker. However I had to remove it as because there is a big frame behind the mesh that you don't see from the front and it blocked part of my center speaker. I actually kinda like it without the middle door more than with it on now. I just wish I had figured that out before I drilled a bit into the side to mount it.

Finally finished the room!
I couldn't stand the cords everywhere so I have everything(Receiver, Computer, Playstation)
wired from the closet.

As a side note Resistance 2 sounds absolutely incredible in 7.1

24en6s9.jpg

30my4o5.jpg

er0jly.jpg

11uc209.jpg

1pxuhk.jpg

The Chef

BruceLeeRoy said:
I couldn't stand the cords everywhere so I have everything(Receiver, Computer, Playstation)
wired from the closet.

24en6s9.jpg

Absolutely love the colors in this room.

BruceLeeRoy said:
wired from the closet.

er0jly.jpg

Bruce!

Your offical threads tell me your better at details than this picture suggests.... :D

Center channel mount - book shelf!

Functionality > looks tho!

Edit: Hot damn, how much does a 50ft HDMI cost ??

Top Bottom