• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2008 edition

made some changes to my basement setup from last year

70" sony SXRD - KDS-70XBR2, JBL northridge speakers
2157291078_000775f720_o.jpg

2156312019_f042b60920_o.jpg

2157107134_df058b65b7_o.jpg

added a PS3 and a wii this year
2157179126_1f23ae8165_o.jpg

upgraded from pioneer elite 82tsx to a denon 3808ci (it's amazing) 4 hdmi inputs - PS3, 360, HD DVR and HTPC. wii through component
2157107572_e381753ae9_o.jpg

new HTPC/media server - core2duo e7650, 2gb ram, x1950pro, 1TB storage
2156508151_3ddb5b5b59_o.jpg

backlights only (screen is from HTPC media server)
2156311785_926a2667e9_o.jpg

got new reclining leather couches and sold the old ones. remote is a logitech harmony 680
2157107282_68e53b9ae7_o.jpg

i ran power under the couch and out to both end tables for this stuff:

logitech dinovo edge 2 and charger for HTPC, PS3/USB charger, laptop charger
2159046248_72892af7be_o.jpg

wiimote charger, 360 battery pack charger, PS3/USB charger. the 2 extra 360 pads double as HTPC pads for emulators
2159046130_6b7e4cfd24_o.jpg

this is where the real gaming takes place. last thing to finish the basement is the bar that will go to the left of these tables. i've been too lazy to finish.
2157106804_3bf52f48f0_o.jpg

office setup - pretty much the same as last year except for a new chair
2158844590_862dcf15f5_o.jpg

2157107460_f67e1b732b_o.jpg

i did this watercooled pc myself about 5 years ago. i don't really bother with that shit anymore.
2156312551_90868f93bc_o.jpg

WOW, samsung must have a good holiday season, so many of them here. I just picked up a 22 inch monitor and 50 plasmaby Samsung on boxing day, should be arriving this afternoon, will take pics when.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Beezy said:
Oh ok. I was wondering how you got those speakers to fit on yours.
According to the box, my stand was made to support up to 60" RPTVs, so that's how I managed to fit a 50" plasma and two speakers on there. :p It's a perfect size, though, for what I need.

OverHeat said:
What color TEMP are you using scissorfight ?
Vivid,normal,Warm 1 or Warm 2?
i set it to normal and adjusted using avia. some of my pics look off in color due to the lighting.

Gary Whitta said:
Man that sucks. If I had that set-up I wouldn't want any skirt sapping my time spent with it.
why do you think it's in the basement? :lol

atomsk

Party Pooper
Jumpman23 said:
Skenzin said:
I have the exact same stands (those are actually 3 seperate pieces). Got them at Target. They also come in a lighter shade of brown.

yep.

the tv is a 46''

there was supposed to be a different stand originally, but it got backordered for 2 months and we got sick of waiting.

scissorfight said:
70" sony SXRD - KDS-70XBR2

Do the XBR2s have the issue of the XBR1s? I have an XBR1 and had to have the Optical Block replaced twice. I just received an e-mail stating that Sony lost a class action lawsuit and my warranty has been extended until June or July of 2009. If I have any more issues I'm demanding that my television is replaced with another model. I like the picture quality of their SXRD Televisions but I don't want to deal with anymore issues.

The Chef

Alfarif said:
Here's my joint.

2156361242_b57cab334d_o.jpg

2156361172_023cb8ca11_o.jpg

I posted my setup in the old thread but I have to post again cuz this room reminds me of my own setup.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

I still need to put those backlights on dimmers though.

70" sony SXRD - KDS-70XBR2, JBL northridge speakers
2157291078_000775f720_o.jpg

OH MY GOD
My tv looks like a fisher price toy now

Felix Lighter said:
Do the XBR2s have the issue of the XBR1s? I have an XBR1 and had to have the Optical Block replaced twice. I just received an e-mail stating that Sony lost a class action lawsuit and my warranty has been extended until June or July of 2009. If I have any more issues I'm demanding that my television is replaced with another model. I like the picture quality of their SXRD Televisions but I don't want to deal with anymore issues.
it's been corrected with the XBR2. many people over at AVS that had that problem with the XBR1s did have the set replaced with an XBR2 set. i'd definitely recommend that.

scissorfight said:
it's been corrected with the XBR2. many people over at AVS that had that problem with the XBR1s did have the set replaced with an XBR2 set. i'd definitely recommend that.

Good. Too bad there is no way they'll replace it with the 70"! Thanks. Is it wrong to want your television to break?

impirius

entcenter_20080101.jpg

Our new TV stand is almost entirely cat-proof.

Please excuse the Rock Band equipment. It's not moving any time soon.

ghibli99

scissorfight: Very nice setup... clean and well-executed all around. Can barely see any wires, too, which is a far cry from the tangle behind my setups. The only thing I think I can nitpick is the stack of games by the consoles. Do you have a storage system for media in your basement? Anyway, great work!

gstaff

ghibli99 said:
scissorfight: Very nice setup... clean and well-executed all around. Can barely see any wires, too, which is a far cry from the tangle behind my setups. The only thing I think I can nitpick is the stack of games by the consoles. Do you have a storage system for media in your basement? Anyway, great work!

No kidding. I have the 50 inch SXRD and the same Denon receiver, but I love the way your TV dwarfs the speakers.

Consolation prize goes to Windu for showing Michigan beating Florida in his screenshot.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
NekoFever said:
Yay at the people showing off their Firefly love. I'm getting on that bandwagon...

8dztruq.jpg

:D

Got a Serenity visual companion around somewhere but couldn't find it.

<3<3<3<3

What is that thing on the right? I've never seen in that before.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Oh dear, feels like I'm bringing down the quality of this entire page!

My Room
2159562832_5739c9db82.jpg

Living Room
2159562984_20c9b5df90.jpg

Missing PS3 (flatmate took his home for the break), Wii, and my 360 which has been sitting in a box for months.

NekoFever

Alfarif said:
<3<3<3<3

What is that thing on the right? I've never seen in that before.
It's the limited edition tin that was exclusive to one retailer. One retailer in Australia. How did this movie take so little money again?

Content-wise it's the same as the R2 version.

giggas

You guys never cease to blow me away with this shit. You make me have feelings of awesome and jealousy at the same time. Haha.

impirius

SIP YEK NOD said:
Please tell me that stand is vented at the back.
There are decent sized holes in the back for wires, and there's a fan in the corner of the room that gets air flowing behind the stand. Heat still gets to be an issue, though, so we prop the doors open a bit if we play 360/PS3 for more than an hour or so. Cable box, Wii, and receiver are fine.

robot

House isn't huge on space, but I'm not complaining. These pics were taken beginning of December, but nothing has changed really.

First is the office. Just a regular Dell PC and Dreamcast through VGA. I isolated the DC since I barely played it when it was hooked up downstairs with the other systems. I picked up a set of GOLI Beatmania posters and thought it would be cool to line the wall with 'em (there's a total of 10). For some reason it's one of my favorite design choices in the house, probably because it's something I would never see otherwise, and love his artwork.

100_0791.jpg

Here's the basement. I hooked up the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and FC Twin down here - any other videogame system I own is in the closet off camera. Everything is running in hi-def (except for poor FC) and through an Onkyo 5.1 receiver. It's an amazing, inexpensive htib if anyone's in the market for one. There are a few things I still need to finish down here, like those ugly doors to the right.

100_0799.jpg

Here's a Sega New Astro City on the opposite wall. I wound up going with this model because japanese cabinets look so much cooler than American cabs, it matches the palette down there, and it has one of the best monitors out there. I swapped out the sticks and buttons with Seimitsu and Sanwa parts. I also put temporary plugs on a few buttons for a true Neo layout, and wired a Neo gamepad in case someone can't handle the magic of the sticks.

100_0801.jpg

Jinko

Heres my set up.

Panasonic PT-AE1000E projector with 84" screen, Pioneer VSX-D2011, Kef HTS2001, still needs a bit of work.

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

With lights off.

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

impirius said:
There are decent sized holes in the back for wires, and there's a fan in the corner of the room that gets air flowing behind the stand. Heat still gets to be an issue, though, so we prop the doors open a bit if we play 360/PS3 for more than an hour or so. Cable box, Wii, and receiver are fine.

:|

My crystal ball suggests you will come home one day to find your cat locked itself in the entertainment center and the 360 cooked it.

scissorfight, you have primo taste in music! You are obviously a true man, through and through, and it is clear that you drink your coffee black and your whiskey straight.

UncleGuito said:
Scissorfight, where in Michigan do you live? You basement looks vaguely family to some of those in my subdivision.
sterling heights. shouldn't look too similar, becasue i designed and finished it myself. there are start to finish pics from last year at AVS here if anyone is interested

ConsumerSquare said:
scissorfight, you have primo taste in music! You are obviously a true man, through and through, and it is clear that you drink your coffee black and your whiskey straight.
CLUTCH
89gw4s8.gif

xemumanic said:
scissorfight, MP works great, doesn't it?
takes a lot of tweaking, but it's worth it.

mug

20" Vizio, works great so far. Got a Philips 2.1 setup for xmas and it's doing quite well too. Had to throw my self portrait in the picture too - sorry about that.

1323.jpg

1324.jpg

1325.jpg

Top Bottom