• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2+ Out December 3rd In Japan

2K today (Oct 6日年2015), PS Vita for the strategy game "Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2+" the December 3 announced the release to. The price is 5300 yen (excluding tax), rating of CERO has become a B (for Over 12 years of age).
http://www.4gamer.net/games/320/G032036/20151006050/

0kYWhaz.jpg

Nobunaga Oda, Himiko and Tôgô Heihachirô are new characters for the PS Vita version by the way.

Looking at the official website, it's surprising that Sony doesn't even seem involved. Could this and XCOM really be 2K initiative ?

Trophies for the game are also out in the wild so expect a western release soon. Xcom is also expected to get a Vita port.

Trophies for the game are also out in the wild so expect a western release soon. Xcom is also expected to get a Vita port.

Are the trophies in English?

And can we be so sure of a western release of these? I wouldn't exactly call it normal or confidence-inducing for a western publisher to announce a game for Japan before western markets.

I mean, look at how the Vita is doing in the west. Japan is pretty clearly the target-market for this and XCOM's Vita port.

Takao

Banned

And can we be so sure of a western release of these? I wouldn't exactly call it normal or confidence-inducing for a western publisher to announce a game for Japan before western markets.

Civ Rev 2's trophy list is in English. Both it and Xcom have western ratings for Vita. They'll definitely come over, but probably digital only.

I mean, look at how the Vita is doing in the west. Japan is pretty clearly the target-market for this and XCOM's Vita port.

If 2K Japan had that ability, they'd be funding ports of the PS2 GTA games.

Yes, they are in english.

Secondly, these games were leaked by Korean rating board and then showed up again through retailers/trophies so it is not unlikely to expect a western release. Not at retail, sure, but nothing wrong with digital.

Powwa

Why wouldn't they, it's already translated because of the mobile game.

If 2K Japan had that ability, they'd be funding ports of the PS2 GTA games.

I didn't even know there was a 2K Japan. Actually kinda surprising since there are far bigger publishers than 2K that farm out publishing rights to local publishers in Japan rather than do it themselves.

And honestly, I'm surprised that said branch hasn't already commissioned Vita ports of the Android ports of the GTA games at this point.

Why wouldn't they, it's already translated because of the mobile game.

There's been quite a few examples of games that had existing English versions not get re-release versions released in English.

18-Volt

I'm not getting the game physically if they won't release it in west with that cover. It looks awesome.

I really hope CivRev2 and XCOM are just the starters of what 2K is doing for Vita. I'd love PS2 GTA games and WWE & NBA 2K games on Vita, I don't mind them as iOS ports.

OhMyGod

Neo Member
The Vita version have 3 new characters to play: Himiko, Oda Nobunaga, Togo Heihachiro.
Illustrations and character designs by Hidari.
This game completely for Japanese market I think.

Nobunaga Oda, Himiko and Tôgô Heihachirô are new characters for the PS Vita version by the way.

Looking at the official website, it's surprising that Sony doesn't even seem involved. Could this and XCOM really be 2K initiative ?

EDIT : OMG, beaten by OMG

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This really is a setup for a Civ anime. Quick, put them in character archetypes! Who is season 1/cour 1 villain? Montezuma?

Still pining for Asian-English version.

New characters explains the "Plus" at least. I'm most interested that Sony aren't involved in this. Very strange to see a western publisher other than Warner taking initiative on games for Vita.

18-Volt

Still pining for Asian-English version.

New characters explains the "Plus" at least. I'm most interested that Sony aren't involved in this. Very strange to see a western publisher other than Warner taking initiative on games for Vita.

What more strange is, with this, XCOM and Assassin's Creed Chronicles, Vita already has more western developed full-price games than 3DS does. Sad truth.

Marz

The DS version of the first game was really flawed but I loved it anyways. Will be buying this!

Man

Wait. Did Civ Revolution 2 ever release for consoles?

edit: Wikipedia tells me iOS and Android.

Oh god!

Hold my close now!

It's truly happening...

I've lost hundreds of hours on Civ Rev 1 on my old DS. Having this on Vita with trophies though...

BRB, just letting my girlfriend know we're on a break and she needs to look after the baby whilst I platinum this sucker...

Doczu

But why Enemy Unknown (Plus)? Why not Enemy Within?...

EDIT:

Wait. Did Civ Revolution 2 ever release for consoles?

edit: Wikipedia tells me iOS and Android.

No, it was mobile only.

Civ Rev 2 is a port of Civ Revolution from PS3/X360. It's called "2", because the first one was available on iOS.

Doczu

How is the mobile game btw? Thinking of picking it up on android

Just fine. Back to squares (from hexes it's a bit difficult), smaller worlds, shorter gameplay and easy to win, even on higher difficulties. Nothing remarkably good or bad.

I prefer freeciv. But that game is oldschool to the max.

Civ Rev 2 is a port of Civ Revolution from PS3/X360. It's called "2", because the first one was available on iOS.

Hang on, Civ Revolution 2 was also on iso and was complete garbage when compared to the first title, which wasn't that good to begin with.

So this isn't a port of that?

Doczu

Hang on, Civ Revolution 2 was also on iso and was complete garbage when compared to the first title, which wasn't that good to begin with.

So this isn't a port of that?

Yes, this is a port of Civ Revolution 2 from ios/android, which is a port of Civ Revolution from PS3/X360.
Confusing naming (because of the original game on iOS, which was a port of the DS version), but the game is probably a simple port. Even the achievments are somewhat the same as from the android game (win a domination game with russia while having nukes - unlock Lenin).

Yes, this is a port of Civ Revolution 2 from ios/android, which is a port of Civ Revolution from PS3/X360.
Confusing naming (because of the original game on iOS, which was a port of the DS version), but the game is probably a simple port. Even the achievments are somewhat the same as from the android game (win a domination game with russia while having nukes - unlock Lenin).

I thought Civilization Revolution on iOS was the PS360 game, and this is a sequel (as the numbering implies)?

Top Bottom