• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2+ Out December 3rd In Japan

Doczu

I thought Civilization Revolution on iOS was the PS360 game, and this is a sequel (as the numbering implies)?

For Clarification:

The FIRST Civilization Revolution on iOS was a direct port of the Nintendo DS game.

The second one is a direct port of the PS360 game, but because they already had a Civ Revolution game on iOS they added "2" to the title. It's almost the same as the PS360 title, with only minor changes and i think 1 or 2 extra civilizations to choose.

So the PS Vita game is a port of the iOS version, which is a port of the PS360 version.

Civil Rev 2 on iOS is basically a graphical update to Civ Rev 1 on iOS. The AI is essentially the same.

A graphical update where they also stripped out a heap of features :|

That may indeed be a port of the PS360 game, but either way it isn't something I'd rush to buy on a Vita.

So be wary.

For Clarification:

The FIRST Civilization Revolution on iOS was a direct port of the Nintendo DS game.

The second one is a direct port of the PS360 game, but because they already had a Civ Revolution game on iOS they added "2" to the title. It's almost the same as the PS360 title, with only minor changes and i think 1 or 2 extra civilizations to choose.

So the PS Vita game is a port of the iOS version, which is a port of the PS360 version.

Ohhh, fair enough, I've just looked up a few reviews with pictures. Didn't realise the first version on phones was the DS one.

Fair enough then!

Shinriji

Civilization Rev 2 is a good game, I have it on IOS. And strategy is a genre that was lacking on Vita until now, will buy.

But I'm not too thrilled about XCOM.

Quite liked the first game (played on DS and iOS) but never got round to getting the second for some reason - but this will change! Love the box art too.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I will have to give it a thought if I buy this BUT I will definitely buy XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus as that game was actually one of my picks when Sony was taking candidates for the list.

Rymuth

So 2K:

• ported this to vita
  • localized it in Japanese
  • commissioned a market-appropriate cover
What's happening? What am I missing? Is CIV huge in Japan or something?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So 2K:
  • ported this to vita
  • localized it in Japanese
  • commissioned a market-appropriate cover
What's happening? What am I missing? Is CIV huge in Japan or something?

Well, I wouldn't say "huge" if the one you're selling is a Rev game. Hell, it's in the Vita and the Japanese market towards Vita isn't exactly what I'd call massive.

Amazon has some (small) screenshots up.

518bUI0H24L.jpg
51i2IB2CsoL.jpg

51CrkQ%2Buz0L.jpg
51kLe3MBKFL.jpg

51oONNKN2LL.jpg

Play-Asia also has the Asian release (with English text) listed for December.

sense

That actually looks pretty good. Hope it runs well. I am more interested in the xcom game but might give this a shot

Top Bottom