• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Sigh of relief-TON) FCC tests say: PS3 Cell 3.2GHz, PSU Internal

Mmmkay

sangreal said:
How do you connect an LCD to a laptop with a LAN cable?
Hah, I suppose it's should to go into the PS3, but they cocked the diagram up? Pretty much every other conceivable port is occupied.

ant1532

Banned
metdroid said:
What does this mean for 4D?
I wouldn't mention that right bro. Last time there was a ps3 thread and i mentioned that right away I got banned for "derailing the thread" or as everyone else calls it, just making a joke but a ps3fanboy mod is offended.(I was looking for a moment to call him out, now im done.)

Anyways shouldn't there be some wierd sexual pictures of PS3 now like there was for DS lite when it went through its "tests'

artist

Banned
2507_large_ps3_02.jpg

Which one will you get? :)

Ajax

Banned
Sigh of relief? It's your fault guys for taking seriously morons and trolls.

MattXG said:
So the SPE count is down to 4 now? Ouch.

Get the hell back to the craphole forum you came from you annoying troll.

vantastic

Ajax said:
all negative ps3 news is true. didn't you know that? even if it comes from anonymous sources and isn't reported on any gaming sites.

you guys are jumping to conclusions. The internal power supply is just for the Cell. There's 2 additional power bricks for the GPU and the Blu-Ray drive.

hadareud

The Translator
Ajax said:

Get the hell back to the craphole forum you came from you annoying troll.
a bit of composure please. Even though it is absolute bullshit we don't have to resort to name calling.

MattXG said:

MattXG said:
OS has claimed another SPE for its own.... :(

Please provide the source of your BS since it obviously isnt' being reported by the FCC. We all know that you're an OA reject that has somehow managed to survive this long, which I suppose you should be commended for given your beginnings, but I'd love to see some backup on what you're throwing out there.

8 SPE's
- 1 disabled / redundant
- 1 OS (which has been claimed so far)

And yet, you're claiming that another 2 have been pulled from developers hands?

Put up or face the music

sonycowboy said:
Please provide the source of your BS since it obviously isnt' being reported by the FCC. We all know that you're an OA reject that has somehow managed to survive this long, which I suppose you should be commended for given your beginnings, but I'd love to see some backup on what you're throwing out there.

8 SPE's
- 1 disabled / redundant

Put up or face the music

Haha...I heard somewhere this rumor was stemming from DopeyFish. Figures.

Mmmkay

jjasper said:
Shouldn't there be another one that isn't "wifi certified"?
The test was only on the $600 unit. There are two stickers because the model is manufactured at Sony's Shizuoka plant in Japan, and also at Asus's plant in China.

jjasper

Mmmkay said:
The test was only on the $600 unit. There are two stickers because the model is manufactured at Sony's Shizuoka plant in Japan, and also at Asus's plant in China.

Alright that makes sense

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'm guessing the china plant is sending their shipments to US? and the Japan plant obviously in japan?

Ajax

Banned
hadareud said:
a bit of composure please. Even though it is absolute bullshit we don't have to resort to name calling.

Are you kidding me now? Don't tell me that calling MattXG a troll is namecalling or -in any possible way- incorrect.

As for the "morons and trolls" we all know to whom I'm adressing it to, and I don't think that anyone can argue that they don't deserve it.

alterego

sonycowboy said:

8 SPE's
- 1 disabled / redundant

Put up or face the music

It's been put to rest at Beyond3d.

Vysez said:
FWIW, that's not true at all.

It's quite funny this Dopeyfish character was just today editing his posts from months ago to cover his tracks.

Oh my god you're right. He just pruned them now at this very moment! That's just pathetic...

Anyway I never saw them; Liver Kick do you still have their text cached?

lol @ the editing months later. :lol

I guess the spreading of FUD before a system launch is inevitable (we even had rumours before XBOX 360 launch of it's CPU being clocked down to 2.8Ghz).

Angelcurio

Gold Member
Moderation Unlimited said:
Haha...I heard somewhere this rumor was stemming from DopeyFish. Figures.
AFAIK the rumor was already debunked on beyond 3D today. And yeah, you are right about the source of the rumor.

RaijinFY

alterego said:
It's quite funny this Dopeyfish character was just today editing his posts from months ago to cover his tracks.

I guess the spreading of FUD before a system launch is inevitable (we even had rumours before XBOX 360 launch of it's CPU being clocked down to 2.8Ghz).

God lord, how unsurprising...

Angelcurio said:
AFAIK the rumor was already debunked on beyond 3D today. And yeah, you are right about the source of the rumor.

So, Dopeyfish is actually engaging in actively dissemenating known false information in the hope that it will do what? FUD is one thing, but this would be beyond even Johhny Nighttrain levels of fraud.

Dopey, are you around?

sonycowboy said:
So, Dopeyfish is actually engaging in actively dissemenating known false information in the hope that it will do what? FUD is one thing, but this would be beyond even Johhny Nighttrain levels of fraud.

Dopey, are you around?

He's around on OA.

Where they're eating up this BS of course :lol

MattXG said:

sonycowboy said:

8 SPE's
- 1 disabled / redundant

Put up or face the music

7ed5c12702.gif

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ant1532 said:
I wouldn't mention that right bro. Last time there was a ps3 thread and i mentioned that right away I got banned for "derailing the thread" or as everyone else calls it, just making a joke but a ps3fanboy mod is offended.(I was looking for a moment to call him out, now im done.)

Anyways shouldn't there be some wierd sexual pictures of PS3 now like there was for DS lite when it went through its "tests'

Metdroid isn't a dumbass. That's why he can make jokes like this, and not get banned.

Acosta

Thank you a lot, really.

Thanks to you I know now that AC won´t be universal (so getting a NTSC unit will require a heavy transformer will for 220V territories, just like 360).

It sucks, but at least I know now.

Is there a way to check how Ws require?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Gaijin To Ronin said:
Thank you a lot, really.

Thanks to you I know now that AC won´t be universal (so getting a NTSC unit will require a heavy transformer will be a must for 220V territories).

It sucks, but at least I know now.

Is there a way to check how Ws require?

Indeed. I wished it was like the PSP :/

Acosta

TTP said:
Indeed. I wished it was like the PSP :/

PSTwo has it too. I suppose there is a tehcnical aspect about this that I don´t know (maybe it´s more expensive), but I never understood why a machine that is going to be released everywhere doen´t have an universal AC, it seems more logical to me.

Drek

Gaijin To Ronin said:
PSTwo has it too. I suppose there is a tehcnical aspect about this that I don´t know (maybe it´s more expensive), but I never understood why a machine that is going to be released everywhere doen´t have an universal AC, it seems more logical to me.
To disuade importing systems, which screws up their regional metrics. They might go region free on games, but they want to keep track of how many systems are installed in each region. Otherwise all you European gamers will be importing and Sony will "lose" Europe. :lol

GhaleonEB

Wow, I haven's seen such rampant, FUD-tossing trolling here in a while. WTF?

Razoric said:
:lol poor dopeyfish
What did DopeyFish do? I don't see him in this thread, could someone link to his recently edited posts? :lol

ant1532

Banned
TheTrin said:
Metdroid isn't a dumbass. That's why he can make jokes like this, and not get banned.
Never called him a dumbass but ok..

He can make jokes and not get banned because he's not a dumbass? ok lol..,

GhaleonEB said:
:lol :lol :lol

Editing posts, which are months old, to cover your tracks right when someone links to them? Not smart. :lol

Thanks for the link. What an idiot.

He's like ******'s long lost twin brother.

Edit: HAHAHAHA! F yshie's name has been edited out of GAF. Classic!

GhaleonEB

Moderation Unlimited said:
He's like ******'s long lost twin brother.

Edit: HAHAHAHA! F yshie's name has been edited out of GAF. Classic!
test: ******

holy shit :lol

that's quite the discovery. I wonder what else is on the filter.

I'm going to start using his name instead of ****, so people wonder what I used to swear. :lol

Acosta

384 watts.

WOAAAAAHTTT!? what a monster... the most powerful converter I have seen is one of liksang of 300W for 360 and it´s already huge. I suppose I will wait until some converter powerful enough is released in some import shop.

Thanks a lot for the info (for curiosity, how do you calcule that, my knowledge of physic is almost zero).

Mandoric

Banned
Gaijin To Ronin said:
WOAAAAAHTTT!? what a monster... the most powerful converter I have seen is one of liksang of 300W for 360 and it´s already huge. I suppose I will wait until some converter powerful enough is released in some import shop.

Thanks a lot for the info (for curiosity, how do you calcule that, my knowledge of physic is almost zero).

If 300W will handle the X360, it should handle the PS3; consumption is listed on the X360 PSU at 5A at 100~127V, for nominal on US mains power of 600 watts.

To detemine wattage, just multiply the voltage by the amperage.

Acosta

Mandoric said:
If 300W will handle the X360, it should handle the PS3; consumption is listed on the X360 PSU at 5A at 100~127V, for nominal on US mains power of 600 watts.

To detemine wattage, just multiply the voltage by the amperage.

Is this one are you confident it can handle a PS3? Sorry for abuse of your knoledge, but I´m green on this issue and would like to know. Thanks.

Mandoric

Banned
Gaijin To Ronin said:
Is this one are you confident it can handle a PS3? Sorry for abuse of your knoledge, but I´m green on this issue and would like to know. Thanks.

I'm no EE, nor do I have practical experience in getting 120V appliances to work on 240V mains, but the nominal power usage of the PS3 is markedly less that that of the XBox 360.
Note that that doesn't guarantee the PS3 won't use a higher proportion of its rated draw, and thus cause issues.

llTll

Banned
kinda late to the party.

but does this " So the SPE count is down to 4 now? Ouch."

hold any truth?

if not. what is the true number

Top Bottom