• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake | State of Play Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
"My name...is Maria," the woman smiles. Her face, her voice... She's just like her.

image.png

Having received a letter from his deceased wife,
James heads to where they shared so many memories,
in the hope of seeing her one more time: Silent Hill.
There, by the lake, he finds a woman eerily similar to her...

Experience a master-class in psychological survival horror―lauded as the best in the series―on the latest hardware with chilling visuals and visceral sounds.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I'm so glad I was reserved. I adore Silent Hill 2 SO much, and good GOD does this look rough. Bloober basically said the game was "done" a bit ago, if that's true why didn't they show better footage? That was really disappointing, but at least I know not to be excited not. Still no date either, wtf?

Last edited:
I know a lot of people will be moaning about the graphics but i like how it looks very similar to the orig game, only better if you get me.

Feels very authentic but with a touch up.

It does look true to the original ...aside from the weird choice of music this looks great. One other concerning thing tho is how they focused a lot on combat instead of atmosphere but the visuals they nailed. ..I was just playing SH2 and the environment is spot on

CamHostage

One other concerning thing tho is how they focused a lot on combat instead of atmosphere but the visuals they nailed. ..

It's a State of Play trailer, (and the "artists" who cut audacious, creative Konami trailers in the MGS2 / SH2/3 days are long gone,) so it makes sense they went action-oriented when running alongside a series of competing products.

Hopefully the balance in the full game experience hasn't been disrupted when you're actually playing, but we'll see...

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Disappointing trailer. Graphics were downgraded and gameplay was RE-clone except jankier. I'm gonna hold out hope until release, but man, hype levels is basically non existent now. Bloober what the fuck, SH2 is a classic.

Barakov

Definitely looks like a RE2R clone. Also the inside of the apartments is WAY too bright. On the plus side the environments looks pretty good and the combat looks......okay?

With Bloober developing this, it looked far better than I thought it would. Going from that trailer it definitely is lacking the atmosphere the original game had.

Top Bottom