• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill arcade? Tekken 6 to be shown tomorrow?

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Doom_Bringer said:

LOL, It's been stated that was something using the T5 engine aand obvioously was not a real showing of Tekken 6.

Bad_Boy said:
I'm not sure if this is a joke or what. :lol

Name some cases. I don't want a game like DNF or some other vaporware game listed either. I want a game that is shown initially and released within the calendar year (like T6 will be).

It is very rare, once a game is shown "for real", meaning a non CG or rushed demo to show off.

shantyman said:
LOL, It's been stated that was something using the T5 engine aand obvioously was not a real showing of Tekken 6.

Since when was the Tekken 5 engine capable of supporting DX 9 shaders? It was a FULL tekken 6 tailer even with a logo at the end.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Doom_Bringer said:
Since when was the Tekken 5 engine capable of supporting DX 9 shaders? It was a FULL tekken 6 tailer.

I'm going off this post:

MarkMan said:
In a recent Famitsu interview http://www.famitsu.com/interview/article/2007/02/14/668,1171444185,67084,0,0.html ...

Namco head developers talked about the future of the franchise and the porting process of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection from Arcade to PS3.

It took them roughly 2 months, they didn't do anything to change it aside from altering the backgrounds to fit in HD resolutions.

They mentioned that Tekken won't be going online anytime soon, but that doesn't mean they aren't looking into putting another type of fighting game online to test things out.

Tekken 6 will look MUCH, MUCH better than any Tekken before.

(MarkMan's note: Tekken 6 video shown at E3 has nothing to do with T6, it was just a last minute video done at request of Sony for the show, they used the existing DR graphics engine for it... as told to me by the Tekken: DR producer himself at E3... end note.)

Also, the devs mentioned that it is possible to update/patch Tekken 5: DR on the PS3. While there are no plans to do this anytime soon, it is definately something that can be done.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5569037&postcount=1116

gogogow

shantyman said:
Name some cases. It is very rare, once a game is shown "for real", meaning a non CG or rushed demo to show off.
Motorstorm
Fatal Inertia
F1 CE
GTA 3

gta3_11.jpg

yea lets take some random gaffer's word instead of Namco's...

gogogow said:
Motorstorm
Fatal Inertia
F1 CE
GTA 3
http://www.gouranga.com/images/gta3/gta3_11.jpg[/IMG]

This is trend that will continue from this generation onwards. Resistance is another one

Doom_Bringer said:
yea lets take some random gaffer's word instead of Namco's...

This is trend that will continue from this generation onwards. Resistance is another one

MarkMan is NOT a random Gaffer, he is probably the biggest Tekken buff on Gaf and is highly respected at TekkenZaibatsu.com

kevm3

they really got to work on the lighting and shaders. The poly count is good enough. It just needs the two aforementioned things worked on to really make it pop out.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Oldschoolgamer said:
How exactly?
I assume no one is bitching because they hate lightgun games.

The whole subject is "That is NOT Silent Hill!", which only a self-righteous fan would care about.

I'm a Silent Hill fan, but I would never declare this to suck until I played it and it was not fun.

The whole "I'm a fan and this is CRAP" thing is typical internet nerd. How can this be denied?

This game might suck to high heaven, but nobody knows that yet. No, they're condemning it for fan reasons. Is that not pretensious? Is it not nerdy? Or do you really hate lightgun games? ( :lol )

Yeesh, what the heck is with you guys and Silent Hill Arcade? If you don't like it, just don't play it -- it's not affecting the main series or anything, so who cares?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Greenpanda said:
Yeesh, what the heck is with you guys and Silent Hill Arcade? If you don't like it, just don't play it -- it's not affecting the main series or anything, so who cares?

You mean Silent Hill: The Arcade.

Why are people shitting their pants about the SH arcade game? We know it's not being made by the SH team and obviously isn't a replacement for an iteration of the console series, so how does it affect anyone? Aren't you free to just ignore this game when you're writing your SH fanfic?

BocoDragon said:

The whole subject is "That is NOT Silent Hill!", which only a self-righteous fan would care about.

I'm a Silent Hill fan, but I would never declare this to suck until I played it and it was not fun.

The whole "I'm a fan and this is CRAP" thing is typical internet nerd. How can this be denied?

This game might suck to high heaven, but nobody knows that yet. No, they're condemning it for fan reasons. Is that not pretensious? Is it not nerdy? Or do you really hate lightgun games? ( :lol )

dude... I'm posting on a video game message forum. DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME A NERD!~!~!!~!!!!!!~!~

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
gutter_trash said:
MarkMan is NOT a random Gaffer, he is probably the biggest Tekken buff on Gaf and is highly respected at TekkenZaibatsu.com

Exactly, that's why I did not take the post worth a grain of salt. It's the foremost Tekken site on the net. Your attempts to discredit him just make you look like a doofus.

I believe that most games, once shown in an Alpha or beta form, rarely change that much visually- certainly not the extreme changes some people in this thread are hoping for with Tekken 6.

shantyman said:
I believe that most games, once shown in an Alpha or beta form, rarely change that much visually- certainly not the extreme changes some people in this thread are hoping for with Tekken 6.

But that's not the case with Halo 3 am rite? Extreme changes? Lighting and populating the stages is extreme? Wow

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
BocoDragon said:

I've been a fan of light gun games since I played duck hunt as a little kid :p

Has nothing to do with being self-righteous, nor does it have anything to do with being an "internet nerd". Any fan of anything, would be kind of disappointed if the thing in which they were fans of just dropped all of what made it what it is, for something that at the moment, looks bad and uninspired.

SH was never really about just blasting your way through monsters: that was more of an RE thing. They dropped everything Silent Hill, and wen here with the faux house of the dead.

Maybe it will be good, maybe it won't. Its really besides the point. Like someone mentioned, Team Silent has been stated that they wanted out of the series and at the moment, we have this and no Silent Hill 5.

Shinobi

Doom_Bringer said:
E3 2006
988_0006.jpg

Final Game
988_0001.jpg

Aside from the first pic having four times as much blur, being a bit more close up, showing a different time of day and showing less vechiles (and that's dependant on when you take the pic), what's the difference?

Besides, I was thinking more about the E3 '05 demo...I guess that's a period a lot of people are choosing to forget about now.

And again, I don't get the angst over SH arcade...what were people expecting, a survival horror game with a coin slot? Visually it's no worse then most of Konami's light gun games in recent years, so that's not a big deal either.

BocoDragon said:

Hell I was just participating for shits and giggles, which was fun. I mean I do think it looks terrible but it doesn't have an effect on my opinions of the franchise or Team Silent.

Shinobi said:
Besides, I was thinking more about the E3 '05 demo...I guess that's a period a lot of people are choosing to forget about now.

That was a CG demo, it has nothing do with Alpha builds or beta builds. Plus the game got enough shit for it as it is.

Aside from the first pic having four times as much blur, being a bit more close up, showing a different time of day and showing less vechiles (and that's dependant on when you take the pic), what's the difference?

Maybe you aren't seeing the N64 quality textures, lack of lighting or color? Like I said the game looked very poor at E3, watch the gameplay link I provided and compare it to how it plays now. Its like a whole new game

Hatorade said:
I wonder where all these PS3 graphic whores were last gen when the DC manage to stomp it with just a vga box in terms of visual output. Now you get some fixed rate crappy lcds with crappy blacks and suddenly graphics mean something to you. Saying welcome to the club would suffice at this point, but the way you guys whine about graphics now and used the same crap Wii players have a habit of doing is quite funny to see the tables turn.
Sucks to be you BTW I spent less than 500$ on my monitor and calibration setup and it certainly rapes the crap out of yours, Sony GDM-FW900 FTW. I know it sounds hateful but live with it till the mainstream catches up to Hi Resolution developers will get away with this crap.

First, did you even read and comprehend what I posted? You know it's not just about resolution, it's also about the crazy powerful new technology that can push out amazing looking graphics. I have a Wii and love it, but you cannot tell me you would buy a game for the Wii over that same game that would look 10 times better on the 360 or PS3.

Also, If you want feel sorry for me and others like me that bought big screen HDTVs don't bother, I don't think any of us care what you think. I also like how you say your setup rapes mine even though you have no idea what kind HDTV I use. Also the $1000 plus comment refers to someone buying a HDTV + PS3 + 360. Go back and read the post.

Y2Kev

brandonh83 said:
Hell I was just participating for shits and giggles, which was fun. I mean I do think it looks terrible but it doesn't have an effect on my opinions of the franchise or Team Silent.

Same. :lol

I think labeling how we were joking as "righteous indignation" kind of is melodramatic.

It's still a POS.

Shinobi

Doom_Bringer said:
That was a CG demo, it has nothing do with Alpha builds or beta builds. Plus the game got enough shit for it as it is.

Sony doesn't get enough shit for that chirade as far as I'm concerned...

Maybe you aren't seeing the N64 quality textures, lack of lighting or color? Like I said the game looked very poor at E3, watch the gameplay link I provided and compare it to how it plays now. Its like a whole new game

How the **** can anyone determine broken gameplay or physics from a pic? :lol And the pic is so blurred up it's hard to make anything out. Take a real life pic and boost the blur to the grease-type level in that shot, and I guess the real world present in said shot would be lacking texture quality as well. :lol The point is, grease blur pics don't tell me shit, which is probably why I never gave them much of a look when they were unveiled.

Anyway, I know Halo on XBox went through a similar transformation from being broken beyond belief at E3 to being the game that kept a console going for four years. It does happen, but it's usually for framerate, control and physics issues, not the actual visuals.

Besides half the thread seems to think T6 looks good as is anyway, so what's the evidence that the visuals are gonna look any better? I mean if Scamco says this is just two months of work, then I'll buy into it. But anymore than six months of work would tell me the visuals are 90% final.

Shinobi said:

How the **** can anyone determine broken gameplay or physics from a pic? :lol And the pic is so blurred up it's hard to make anything out. Take a real life pic and boost the blur to the grease-type level in that shot, and I guess the real world present in said shot would be lacking texture quality as well. :lol The point is, grease blur pics don't tell me shit, which is probably why I never gave them much of a look when they were unveiled.

Anyway, I know Halo on XBox went through a similar transformation from being broken beyond belief at E3 to being the game that kept a console going for four years. It does happen, but it's usually for framerate, control and physics issues, not the actual visuals.

Besides half the thread seems to think T6 looks good as is anyway, so what's the evidence that the visuals are gonna look any better? I mean if Scamco says this is just two months of work, then I'll buy into it. But anymore than six months of work would tell me the visuals are 90% final.

Dude I provided a gameplay link below the pictures WTF is wrong with you?? And MotorStorm actually got a boost in graphics, sense of speed, physics, frame rate and controls. Here are four or five lol emotion icons that will help me me the point across to you :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Read the full post before replying :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Mmmkay

Doom_Bringer said:
:lol Just so we're clear on this...
textureblur.jpg

Doom_Bringer said:
Looks like everybody has forgotten how bad MS looked at E3. Oh well I am done with this crap thread

the CG? the CG was awesome. Insane sense of speed physics which the in game stuff does not even come close to.

Doom_Bringer said:
Looks like everybody has forgotten how bad MS looked at E3. Oh well I am done with this crap thread
forget its showing at E3 06 which wasn't too bad actually (at least i thought it was good when i played it)... what about what they showed at GDC 06? remember how bad THAT looked?

as for silent hill, i must have missed all the posts where people were condemning it for fan boy reasons. all i've seen are people saying that the the graphics are worse than even silent hill 2 on the ps2.

which they are.

when a series that's reknowned for it's visuals looks WORSE than a last gen game, that's not exactly a good sign that the people making the arcade game, whoever they are, are putting in the required effort.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
plagiarize said:
forget its showing at E3 06 which wasn't too bad actually (at least i thought it was good when i played it)... what about what they showed at GDC 06? remember how bad THAT looked?

as for silent hill, i must have missed all the posts where people were condemning it for fan boy reasons. all i've seen are people saying that the the graphics are worse than even silent hill 2 on the ps2.

which they are.

when a series that's reknowned for it's visuals looks WORSE than a last gen game, that's not exactly a good sign that the people making the arcade game, whoever they are, are putting in the required effort.
you have a point.

Finaika

gutter_trash said:
allot of people are judging the graphics for the poly-count and resolution

Tekken 5 DR has a lower polycount but boasts better character models and better lighting

(what lower polygoned characters cannot be better character models) Yes.. design

compare Asuka Kazama from T5 to Asuka Kazama from T6.. big world of difference. In the T5 she looks cool, cute and has character.. in that T6 footage, Namco is trying TOO HARD for the photo-realism and killing of the "character" off the design.

c_l1171646147_10.jpg
T6 Asuka
vs
1capture_040419_2231_0001.jpg
T5 Asuka

forget about poly count. and focus on character design ..that's what I mean
Yes watch the trailer Asuka still has her original blue outfit (thank god!)

Ok just watched the trailer... It looks uh ok but yeah a little disappointed. Obviously its still early in development, I was really hoping for improved animation but they are still re-using old ones... Backgrounds are nice, though barren... I have faith in Namco though so I'm really looking forward to this.

As usual nice music for the trailer though :D

Kabuki Waq said:
the CG? the CG was awesome. Insane sense of speed physics which the in game stuff does not even come close to.
Did you actually read the whole post, or just part of it before smashing your head against the keyboard? Anyway I hope this shit is early, because it doesn't look good, and anyone not impressed by VF5 needs a new hobby. Visually VF5 is probably the most impressive next gen game.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Doom_Bringer said:
But that's not the case with Halo 3 am rite? Extreme changes? Lighting and populating the stages is extreme? Wow

Halo is not out, as T6 is not out. We have seen slightly better quality from the Teeken 6 media in that it is official, but still small.

I would not expect Halo 3 to look significantly better than when they show it officially for the first time. Alpha pictures not meant for public consumption are different from a trailer edited for a trade show.

I don't know why you are freaking out over this. If you are defending Sony, don't worry, I'm not bashing them. I'm not even bashing Tekken 6 or Namco, just stating my belief that games rarely see large scale visual changes following their first real showing.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Is that so? For months upon months they have taken heat for this. Everybody is repeatedly slamming them into the ground as they struggle in the marketplace. They have been cut NO slack. None. Not enough shit?! Don't make me laugh.

I think we all realize just how badly they f*cked up. It's time to let it go. They've had their teeth kicked in while the whole internet is shitting right down their throats.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
BamYouHaveAids said:
Did you actually read the whole post, or just part of it before smashing your head against the keyboard? Anyway I hope this shit is early, because it doesn't look good, and anyone not impressed by VF5 needs a new hobby. Visually VF5 is probably the most impressive next gen game.

Actually I think this looks better than VF5 simply because the characters don't look as shiny plastic as the VF5 ones do (and I am buying VF5 next week so STFU).

dark10x said:
Is that so? For months upon months they have taken heat for this. Everybody is repeatedly slamming them into the ground as they struggle in the marketplace. They have been cut NO slack. None. Not enough shit?! Don't make me laugh.

I think we all realize just how badly they f*cked up. It's time to let it go. They've had their teeth kicked in while the whole internet is shitting right down their throats.

not until Killzone PS3 gets released. And really they havent really been called out on their CG BS anywhere other than this message board.

dark10x said:

and the funny thing is at the end of the gen they'll be just fine. :)

OH SHI... I WASN'T SUPPOSE TO SAY THAT! GANG RAPE BY N-MANCHILDREN FORTHCUMING!

...console wars. Bang.

BamYouHaveAids said:

I was asking if doom bringer meant the motostorm CG but i think i am merging the last 2 e3s together .

ManaByte said:
Actually I think this looks better than VF5 simply because the characters don't look as shiny plastic as the VF5 ones do (and I am buying VF5 next week so STFU).
Yeah instead this looks like playdough. Everyone knows plastic>playdough it's simply physics.

ManaByte said:

VF5 in motion looks way better than that trailer in every possible way. The characters have a little bit of platic shine to them but on a tv in motion its not nearly as much as you see in screens.

Y2Kev

Moderation Unlimited said:
I seriously think they made SH 'TEH ARCADE' to easily port over to the Wii. It's about Wii level graphics and it's a gun shooter...all add up to a Wii version.

It's about PS1 level graphics with AA and post processing.

Top Bottom