• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword review thread [Newest Reviews - Cubed3 10/10, GC: A, AusGamers: 7/10]

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The Lamp said:
I didn't see that, thanks. But that kinda confuses me...rotation as in the items will regularly rotate in "use" throughout progress in the game?
From the way the question was framed I think they just meant in general items will remain useful, unlike say..the Spinner

Dr.Hadji

Lunar15 said:
Sometimes I feel sad that I'm probably the only person that thinks Spirit Tracks is the best Zelda game since MM.

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm with you Bro. ST has the best a lot of things in a Zelda period. People saying the only good thing about the game is its music are off of their rocker.

Myriadis

Socreges said:
Doesn't matter that it was designed for the GB. I forgive Nintendo, but it doesn't make their game any less tedious. And the fact that EVERY TIME I come into contact with an object that I can't move, I'm subjected to slow-moving lines of text about how I can't move it? That's easily the most frustrating part of the game and is a design mistake, not a hardware limitation. Thankfully this will happen less often as I acquire the necessary items!

I'm going to continue playing. As a massive Zelda fan, I feel I'm obligated to. And I'm sure I'll continue to have fun (for the most part). But after hearing the unchecked praise for this game in a previous thread, and being told that it's "not at all unplayable", I felt I had to share my frustrations.

Yeah, I was also disappointed when I played it the first time after hearing so much good things about it. It has some great items, like the Roc's feather, and it works good, but I think it has some flaws. It is quite an easy game, getting through it without dying once is no real problem. Most bosses are pathetically easy, especially in the later levels and the dungeons are quite short. Not to forget the worst part of the whole game and my definition of filler: You have to do the trading quest to finish the game. A perfectly good sidequest wasted. I also don't like most characters, some of them are extremely childish. It is quite a pain to travel through the overworld, lots of item switching to move from north to south. And no, the teleporters barely help.

It still has some great parts. Storming the castle for reaching Level 3, discovering this tomb to learn about the Windfish (I think before level 6), the entrance of Level 8 ,the Tal Tal Heights Track and the final boss (although he is just suddenly "there") are all absolutely great. But yes, I would also say that this is my least favorite Zelda, although it is quite a good Zelda. I vastly prefer Oracle Of Ages.

weeaboo

GregLombardi said:
The 11th.

And apparently Feep has a terrible review of the game to put forth. ;)

Just kidding! I have no idea, his comments earlier in the thread seem to indicate something of that nature though.

Excellent. Looking forward to the 8/10s and the meltdowns :D

ASIS

GregLombardi said:
The 11th.

And apparently Feep has a terrible review of the game to put forth. ;)

Just kidding! I have no idea, his comments earlier in the thread seem to indicate something of that nature though.
Who the hell is feep?

cajunator

Banned
With all the comparisons to Uncharted 3 in terms of attention to detail, I have one thing to say, and that is I sincerely hope this game pays more attention to details than that game. Uncharted 3 is fun but it has a lot of flaws. I dont really understand why anyone would compare the two to begin with other than as a means to troll. Uncharted 3 is an awesome showcase of technical might and game design, but it doesn't have that "magic factor". That is how the games differ. That's a subjective comparison for sure, but many in here know exactly what I mean by it.

Dr.Hadji said:
Josh Thomas. Who is this guy?
He use to post on IGN Boards. Then one day he got in a fight with Matt and got ban for getting him mad. Now he runs his own nintendo site and posts videos of games. Good site for seeing video of some Japan only games.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
IceDoesntHelp said:
I see what you did there. What were you really calling him d:

Nothing. First i wanted to post the "crow poop on links head" pic which i found on their facebook page.

Sn4ke_911 said:
Nothing. First i wanted to post the "crow poop on links head" pic which i found on their facebook page.
Oh lolol, thought it was you trying to tell Dr.Hadji what you thought of BitBlock via a picture...my bad.

Sn4ke_911

krYlon said:
Wow, so far this thread has 5227 posts.

And there has been 6 reviews.

People are too scared to post in other "spoiler may vary threads".

IceDoesntHelp said:
Oh lolol, thought it was you trying to tell Dr.Hadji what you thought of BitBlock via a picture...my bad.

Wat? no. I have nothing against this guys.

watershed

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:
Founder, Host, Video Designer for TheBitBlock.com.
Despite being a hardcore Nintendo fanboy to the detriment of his credibility as a reviewer I like his videos and the bitblock in general. Mostly lots of light-hearted fun.

Sn4ke_911 said:
People are too scared to post in other "spoiler may vary threads".
Yep. A lot of the talk in this thread doesn't seem to be about the individual reviews at all. For TP, there was a spoiler-free hype thread in the run-up to the game's release.

On topic, I think it's best to find someone whose tastes more or less line up with your own and see what that review says. I wouldn't trust the word of a reviewer who places a premium on online multiplayer to recommend me any video game, for instance. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing the Eurogamer text.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Anth0ny said:
TordW.jpg

SWEET MERCIFUL CHRIST

MY SWORD HAS NEVER BEEN SO SKYWARD

Muahaha 20 minutes from me!

EDIT: I'm going to end up with three copies of this game at this rate.

EDIT 2: Any links to more information?

Pyrokai

Dr.Hadji said:
I'm with you Bro. ST has the best a lot of things in a Zelda period. People saying the only good thing about the game is its music are off of their rocker.

+1. Spirit Tracks is extremely under appreciated.

Chesskid1

Banned
demo is legit, guys. obviously don't want to get my account in trouble and it's timed, like 15 min from what i've reading. prolly same stuff in e3 videos.

Sn4ke_911

shadyspace said:
I have no interest in paying a vertical slice demo of a game that will be available to me in less than 2 weeks anyway.

Davey Cakes

krYlon said:
Wow, so far this thread has 5227 posts.

And there has been 6 reviews.
Well, there are big games, and then there are console Zelda games. Skyward Sword is a gaming event. It's releasing a full five years after its predecessor, and is but the first Zelda title actually built for its respective console generation. You better believe that people are excited and that even a few reviews (especially when they're glowing) can stir things up big time.

I predict that the OT will be massive.

branny

RPGCrazied said:
Why o Why can't they release a legit demo? Like to the people that paid $70 for the game!
Seriously. Something like that could really help people who need to see if the game's controls will be a problem for them. =\

Top Bottom