• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. DLC Thread 2: Super Smash Bros Special Broadcast Coming in December 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK128

New Thread :D!

Hope that we get Wolf, Snake and Inking with Cloud when he comes out this Dec. :).

Have a good feeling that if we got Cloud of all people, Snake has a better chance at appearing in Smash Brothers again.

I got my hopes up seeing this thread thinking the actual date was confirmed for the special broadcast next month,

I really hope there's at least one new remix for the FFVII stage. Considering Brawl's theme was composed by Uematsu, it wouldn't be too far-fetched. I've also just started playing Shovel Knight for the first time and I REALLY like it. I'm all for Shovel Knight's inclusion now.

Now that you mention it it is kind of odd there wasn't any remixed music in the Cloud trailer outside of the victory song... All of the other third party characters had remixed music in their trailers except Sonic, and that was because he didn't have any new remixes. Hrm...

Bakkus

Well considering some dude figured out there were 6 remaining characters to fill, and Cloud now being one of them, who could be the rest assuming there is actually that many left? Wolf is a certainty and (much as I don't like it) Shovel Knight seems to be aswell. Ice Climbers depends on whether or not Sakurai is still obsessed with a cohesive with the inferior handheld version. Snake's chances to return might have gotten higher after Cloud's announcement but Kojima who was the sole reason for his inclusion in Brawl has left Konami and the latter's relationship with Nintendo is still pretty bad atm, isn't it? Inkling is likely to appear, but I would have thought he/she could be saved for a possible NX remaster some more years down the line. If all of those make it we have still room for one more character which could be anyone.

There were three slots found from datamining the most recent updates. They could add more, but there's no direct evidence to any more than three (one of them being Cloud of course).

Jawmuncher

There were three slots found from datamining the most recent updates. They could add more, but there's no direct evidence to any more than three (one of them being Cloud of course).

Hmm. I could see it being 3 for the next update. Like when we got Roy, Ryu, and Lucas.
With another 3 being later on from the ballot. Since it's not like they can't add more space if they want.

Yeah So I bet on Cloud and two others being "available after this direct" and the rest coming soon.

Diffense

Given Konami's new direction, having Snake in Smash seems like something they should be OK with. If Kojima, the artistic force behind the Metal Gear series, actually requested Snake in Brawl perhaps more business-oriented decision makers won't object if asked. After all, he may be appearing on pachinko machines.

Fandangox

Funky Student AHHHOOOOYYYY!!!

funky_student_by_pryce14-d6i6ofc.png

Platy

Damn ... I expected to be announced a date finaly =/

Third Party
L Tetrimino
Captain N
Commander Video
Bomberman
Alex Kidd

First Party
Style Savvy girl
Bunny Badgegrab
Hanafuda Deck
Eddy (Fluidity)
Sukapon

Hmm. I could see it being 3 for the next update. Like when we got Roy, Ryu, and Lucas.
With another 3 being later on from the ballot. Since it's not like they can't add more space if they want.
I dunno, I can't help but feel that Sakurai will want to have a final face to face to finish out the DLC, and the fact that they specifically stated it will be the last special broadcast suggests a strong sense of finality to me. I think the December broadcast will be it. They will release the last three characters, two to three stages, and one last Mii costume batch at the end of the presentation like they did in June, and that will be it for DLC. One solid year of support.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
How many OT's does Smash has now 20? I think about 20.

If you are talking about Smash POTD/Speculation Threads, then this thread would be 20th. If you want to talk about overall, 20 Speculation threads + 7 OTs

Heath please...the other thread deserved 20k posts >_>

I admit that I thought that it did hit 20k since someone mentioned new thread but I just realized that we only missed like 20 posts or so. My fault for being insightful.

I can't believe I actually made a wall of shame for once.

It's my first time that I didn't made to Wall of Shame for Smash Speculation thread, but I blame it on Smash 4 since I'm too busy playing the game rather than speculating. :p

OH wow this got a 2nd thread? Hype is real lol

Hype is always there at long we are getting any characters. :p

Jawmuncher

I dunno, I can't help but feel that Sakurai will want to have a final face to face to finish out the DLC, and the fact that they specifically stated it will be the last special broadcast suggests a strong sense of finality to me. I think the December broadcast will be it. They will release the last three characters, two to three stages, and one last Mii costume batch at the end of the presentation like they did in June, and that will be it for DLC. One solid year of support.

Could they have done the Smash Ballot choice that quickly? Like I agree with what you're saying. Just I could see them announcing everything even if they don't release it all in December. For example how mewtwo was announced but didn't get anything shown until later. Thus this could be the final face, just to get everything out there and stop people from asking "whats next" until they decide to announce smash 5. So I still think a update for December and one last update (with everything announced for it) a month or two later isn't outside the realm of possibility.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Could they have done the Smash Ballot choice that quickly? Like I agree with what you're saying. Just I could see them announcing everything even if they don't release it all in December. For example how mewtwo was announced but didn't get anything shown until later. Thus this could be the final face, just to get everything out there and stop people from asking "whats next" until they decide to announce smash 5. So I still think a update for December and one last update (with everything announced for it) a month or two later isn't outside the realm of possibility.

I'm pretty sure that they might get good idea when they received during June since 80% smash fans would already casted their votes. Yeah, it's just my assumption but I think they didn't wait until October to decide.

Acerac

Banned
I got my hopes up seeing this thread thinking the actual date was confirmed for the special broadcast next month,

Lots of ongoing discussions get multiple threads. This one was just one of the few lucky enough not to be banished to community for whatever reason.

Jawmuncher

I'm pretty sure that they might get good idea when they received during June since 80% smash fans would already casted their votes. Yeah, it's just my assumption but I think they didn't wait until October to decide.

That true the "winner" at least in sakurais eye, was probably pretty apparent early on.

Crayolan

I lurked throughout the majority of the leadup to smash 3DS but I'm still gonna miss all the speculation brought about by the hype cycle. The good stuff and the crazy stuff.

WALL OF SHAME

oKNW83b.png

Neoxon and Gonzo still managed to make top posting despite being banned. lol

Zubz

Banned
I'm filled with a sense of disappointment knowing this is probably the last batch of DLC; assuming the NX isn't getting a Smash port near launch, it just feels like Nintendo'll lose so much money on DLC sales!

Here's hoping this last batch of DLC's good, though! Or better yet, that this isn't the end of Smash 4!

Farsi

If this is really the last Smash direct, I can't see Sakurai going out quietly. I'm thinking Sora and Goku both get announced.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Spongebob would be a joke character.

Yes he can take hits, but Smash isn't about taking hits. He is quite light that he is easy to knock off the stage!

Jawmuncher

If Bomberman gets in over snake I would be hella salty. Sucks that they're both Konami, but at least the rule of only one third party per company is debunked now.

Golnei

Now that you mention it it is kind of odd there wasn't any remixed music in the Cloud trailer outside of the victory song... All of the other third party characters had remixed music in their trailers except Sonic, and that was because he didn't have any new remixes. Hrm...

Though unlike Ryu, Cloud wasn't released immediately - and the earlier datamining showed they used rips from SF2 as placeholders a few months before release. If Cloud comes out with the other/final DLC characters in January, it might be to do with the music not being finalised yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom