• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So that new PPG show is really, REALLY bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meffer

I honesty mean that. This show looks so goddamn lazy and unappealing. And the worst of it is its use of memes. Now here's a sentence I would never have thought I write: Bubbles says "No me gusta" while making the face, nose and all. And that's just one example. Nothing dates a show faster then using memes because you can't write genuine humor for shit.
Then there's the fact Ms. Bellum was taken out because she was considered too sexy even though she was great character in the older show, and then they have Blossom and Bubbles twerking.
And the show is just doesn't look coherent with its style. Characters don't look like they fit together and the line quality is awful leaving no sense of mass and weight. Some character colors are not filled in making you question the budget of this show.
And it just loses the point about made the older show so great. I just don't know what they were thinking, if at all, while making this. I hear it's reception has been pretty negative so far.

I still can't get over how cheap it looks I mean TTG is Flash all the way but looks way more expensive than PPG 2016 does

blows my mind

Puruzi

Banned
SAY WHAT?

DlynHbq.jpg

Instead of doing the smart thing and giving her a better position

LOL let's just remove her

Chariot

I don't mean that, but like if there was such a big problem with her being just an assistant, just make her do something else

How can you just remove an entire character like that?
Yeah. Between giving a women another or an extended job, you rather remove her. That's not progress, and that's not something fans appreciate.

That's what I first thought, but it's surprisingly clever and not just for little girls. My friend was all like "you have to watch this" and I was like "seriously, a show for little girls?", but after the first episode I couldn't stop watching.

Village

Outside of some very meta...visual references,( their teacher dresses up like a certain wizard) from the little i watched and what i understand. It isn't the best, which sucks because ppg is literally one of my favorite cartoons ever. Creig and Luaren are goat tier people in the field of animation and it kind of sucks this is the retrun to this.

WillyFive

The old intro song was way better IMO. Immediately recognizable breakbeat superhero music >>> this Tony hawk generic pop-punk

I loved the original opening, but it's actually a generic beat that comes pre-built on electric keyboards. This new song however is pretty great and fits in perfectly with the tone the ending song the original PPG had.

The new opening is genuinely great, even the animation is excellent.

Yado

I saw the twerking clip last night and I'm still reeling. It looks so awful.
I wonder if kids like it.

I'm a fan of the original cartoon but I don't think the new one is bad. It isn't great as the old show, but it is good, some jokes are hit and miss, but overall I'm fine with it. The biggest problem is the lack of action and too much comedy and gags.

I loved the original opening, but it's actually a generic beat that comes pre-built on electric keyboards. This new song however is pretty great and fits in perfectly with the tone the ending song the original PPG had.

The new opening is genuinely great, even the animation is excellent.

I know it's a widely used drum loop but what they did with it while introducing each character and the melody after that is catchy and slick. The new intro sounds more dated than the old one IMO, immediately bringing me back to the late 90s/early 00s in a bad way.

The animation's good though, although I'm not sure what the aesthetic has to do with The Powerpuff girls. I'm guessing the actual show doesn't look like that at all?

Nairume

Banned
Honestly, the presence of memes isn't really that big of a deal to me, since old PPG was already no stranger to making references that dated it.

Everything else sounds awful, though.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Between this and Teen Titans Go, I have to ask: why bring back something people love if all you're gonna do is make it shit?

Ran rp

Bubbles says "No me gusta" while making the face, nose and all. And that's just one example. Nothing dates a show faster then using memes because you can't write genuine humor for shit.
Then there's the fact Ms. Bellum was taken out because she was considered too sexy even though she was great character in the older show, and then they have Blossom and Bubbles twerking.

what in the world did i just read

Fat4all

Banned
Isn't TTG just Adventure Time without a plot or decent character building?

I've caught a few episodes and unless I'm missing something it's seriously lacking in substance.

Chariot

Isn't TTG just Adventure Time without a plot or decent character building?

I've caught a few episodes and unless I'm missing something it's seriously lacking in substance.
TTG is a pure gag series centered around the TT, but actually making a lot fun about the DC universe in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom