• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So that new PPG show is really, REALLY bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
I'm only watching Cartoon Network for new Adventure Time/Regular Show, so I'm glad I'm not exposed to this crap.
I'll suggest Steven Universe and Gumball, but Regular Show and Adventure time are great too
Isn't TTG just Adventure Time without a plot or decent character building?

I've caught a few episodes and unless I'm missing something it's seriously lacking in substance.

It's shit.

The creators of TTG even straight up said that the show is supposed to be stupid because it's for kids, as if kids can't enjoy shows that are actually good.

There was an episode where they literally only said waffles for 11 minutes. This is not a joke.

People were flipping out over a unicorn episode as it symbolizes Trans individuals, which I thought may be overanalyzing (having not seen it) until they posted the interview segment saying it WAS supposed to be about Trans people. It's a train wreck in that regard, to my understanding.

It even includes the line "This is your body and it’s a serious choice!", if there was any questioning it. Clip: https://youtu.be/XQClA5iFwlM

KissVibes

Banned
p01xsaW.png

God this shit is so fucking lazy

This looks like Family Guy art.

Fat4all

Banned
its a comedy

So is Adventure Time and Gravity Falls and the like, but going from Teen Titans which had decent substance in it's story to Teen Titans Go which seems to be lacking it greatly is super disappointing.

Seems much more like random for the sake of being random.

I've been showing my daughter the original PPG and she loves it. I forgot just how great that show was. I'll make sure to avoid this garbage.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
So is Adventure Time and Gravity Falls and the like, but going from Teen Titans which had decent substance in it's story to Teen Titans Go which seems to be lacking it greatly is super disappointing.

Seems much more like 'random for the sake of being random'.

it is, and some people like that style of comedy

i like it AND adventure time

its ok not to like things

Dishwalla

Banned
I saw the episode that had the pony that wanted to be a unicorn or whatever, thought it was alright. Maybe I was mistaken?

Between this and Teen Titans Go, I have to ask: why bring back something people love if all you're gonna do is make it shit?
Teen Titans Go is a good show. Some people just can't get over that they took the same characters and made a different type of show.

It's like saying Batman Brave & The Bold is bad because it's not TAS.

marrec

Banned
Teen Titans Go is actually pretty popular and is probably doing better than the original did.

Cause it's better than the original.

Also, the new PPG show is awful.

I saw the episode that had the pony that wanted to be a unicorn or whatever, thought it was alright. Maybe I was mistaken?

It was alright, probably the best of the new series so far, but even then you can tell that a lot of the writing is lazy and dependant on referential humor that not only isn't funny, but will be dated in 3 months.

I'll suggest Steven Universe and Gumball, but Regular Show and Adventure time are great too

Steven is like Gravity Falls, until I can see them in proper, complete order I'm not going to bother. It's worse for Gravity Falls because I've seen some of it and really liked it.

Puruzi

Banned
Teen Titans Go is a good show. Some people just can't get over that they took the same characters and made a different type of show.

Teen Titans go is unglodly unfunny and I would hate it even if it didn't use the Teen Titans characters. It has no place being the most aired show on CN.

Teen Titans go is unglodly unfunny and I would hate it even if it didn't use the Teen Titans characters. It has no place being the most aired show on CN.
Plenty of people disagree with you.

Also yeah, what is probably the most popular show on the network has no place being the most aired. That makes sense. It's a good thing you're not running a network.

Sesha

It looks really bland compared to the original show.

Steven is like Gravity Falls, until I can see them in proper, complete order I'm not going to bother. It's worse for Gravity Falls because I've seen some of it and really liked it.

Gravity Falls is done.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Except Teen Titans Go is better than the original series.

Teen Titans Go is great.

teen titans go is hilarious and extremely well done

TTG is way better than the original series.

My siblings and I watched Teen Titans when it was airing and we all agree Go is better.

Teen Titans Go is actually pretty popular and is probably doing better than the original did.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Puruzi

Banned
Plenty of people disagree with you.

Also yeah, what is probably the most popular show on the network has no place being the most aired. That makes sense. It's a good thing you're not running a network.

It's not my fault people like objectively awful shows :^)

The people that like it are free to like it but don't say people hate it just because of nostalgia. Plenty of people genuinely dislike it just as plenty of people like it.

DonMigs85

American cartoons have been getting dumber and dumber with weird pop culture references and surrealist humor. My Japanese animes are much more intelligent and witty.

Sou Da

It's not my fault people like objectively awful shows :^)

The people that like it are free to like it but don't say people hate it just because of nostalgia. Plenty of people genuinely dislike just as plenty of people like it.

Yeah I'm kind of sick of the counterpoint always being that people don't like because it's the original. I wasn't in love with the original either.

TTGO is just incredibly unfunny, cheaply made, over-promoted and on 24/7. It's the equivalent of Johnny Test or Total Drama.

Brickhunt

Did I get into a /co/ thread? The hate this show is getting is really ridiculous. Belum may have been written off, but it was referenced in-show and the episode was one of the best yet.

I've always wondered whether people who hate TTG also hate Brave and the Bold. It seems like a similar transition in tone and style, but I never see people complain about Brave and the Bold on GAF.

I like TTG myself, I thought Teen Titans was getting dull in the later seasons and it needed a change. I sometimes wonder whether TTG was meant to last a couple of seasons before they went back to the serious version but it ended up being more popular so they stuck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom