• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So that new PPG show is really, REALLY bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol modern kids' cartoon these days....

Simpsons-christmas-27.jpg

Only episode I watched was "Horn, Sweet Horn" because I heard it tried to address gender identity. It did a really poor job and I can't say I'm interested in watching more. Looking at the credits, there are possibly too many cooks in the kitchen. The show could improve but I'm not holding my breath.

Sedusa's first appearance was when she tried to seduce Professor as "Ima Goodlady"

I must have somehow skipped it. I'll go back and find it in Season 1. With this talk of Power Puff Girls and me currently doing a rewatch I say that after Batman, the PowerPuff Girls have the best villains.

Mojojojo, The Gang Green Gang, Princess, Him, Fuzzy Lumpkins, Sedusa. The Amoeba Boys are just okay, but I did like that episode where they took credit for Mojo's plan.

Recent animated shows have been much better than in the mid to late 00's

Hell, the irony of PPG returning and being a waste of time is that Cartoon Network has otherwise been killing it in recent years. Between Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Regular Show, Over the Garden Wall, Young Justice and Batman Brave and Bold, the channel's name has been re-legitimised.

This does not help.

question for those that have seen the show: do the girls still beat the ever-loving shit out of people and leave the bad guys looking like they've got boneitis

Daingurse

question for those that have seen the show: do the girls still beat the ever-loving shit out of people and leave the bad guys looking like they've got boneitis

Exactly. Do they still whup ass at the very least? This is all sounding so disappointing. Didn't think the show would be bad.

Kudos to .JayZii and Chaobreaker for pointing out CN did a similar thing with Dexter's Laboratory. I wish this forum had a stupid useless thumb thing for that.

Like, leave these things be when the original creative team moves on. Find other excuses for merchandising. Syndication! DVDs and Blu Rays with behind the scenes info! Maybe even broadcast that terrible magical girl spinoff show from Japan without any localization during the crazy AM hours so that college students can get a buzz off of it.

There were better alternatives!

I honesty mean that. This show looks so goddamn lazy and unappealing. And the worst of it is its use of memes. Now here's a sentence I would never have thought I write: Bubbles says "No me gusta" while making the face, nose and all. And that's just one example. Nothing dates a show faster then using memes because you can't write genuine humor for shit.

tumblr_mix2e5Igjh1rpduwho2_500.gif

Burn it all down, NOW.

I had a bad feeling with this new series, but this is worse than I imagined.

Puruzi

Banned
Wait spongebob is still going?

If its anything like the earlier seasons I'll def give it a watch.

Spongebob is still going on yeah, but it's all been pretty bad after the movie.

It's only this latest season that'a allegedly good again, just what I've heard.

WillyFive

I love that Craig McCracken (the creator of the original PPG) himself commented on that.

PPG had such a great soundtrack. It's a widely accepted truth by people working in animation that sound is always the first area to get cut in budget, which is one of the many reasons shows like Avatar and old-school Spongebob stood out from the crowd, due to sticking to providing a great soundtrack. PPG was one of those.

kewlmyc

Teen Titans is probably one of my top 5 favorite animated shows of all time. Are you guys being serious when you say a chibi-fied flash made comedy spinoff is better than the original? I never bothered watching.

marrec

Banned
Teen Titans is probably one of my top 5 favorite animated shows of all time. Are you guys being serious when you say a chibi-fied flash made comedy spinoff is better than the original? I never bothered watching.

I think it is, I enjoy the humor quite a bit though. The original TTs was alright but the new one is hilarious.

WillyFive

Teen Titans Go is a rather well made show; I think the main hate for it comes from the fact that it really shouldn't exist (which I would honestly agree with, despite it's quality).

marrec

Banned
Teen Titans Go is a rather well made show; I think the main hate for it comes from the fact that it really shouldn't exist (which I would honestly agree with, despite it's quality).

I dunno, having a show that is so smart with it's DC comics lampooning is really fun for me and there's nothing quite like it anywhere else.

The first few episodes were mediocre with the occasional glimmer of potential, but it turned into a complete and utter trash fire thereafter.

I don't need to rake over the unicorn episode again (although Jesus was that ever a fuckup), but that one's just all the shitty aspects of the show on display at once- they're always present. The stupid cutaway humour, the laziness of the aesthetics, uninspired rehash plots, the tonal incongruity, poor voice work... the list never ends.

There's nothing- NOTHING- in this shitty reboot that comes even close to matching the original, never mind beating it.

You guys are tripping. The show is cute and funny. And its for babies.

Cartoon Network has several superb cartoons for kids running at the moment. That this show is for younger viewers in no way excuses it.

Puruzi

Banned
Cartoon Network has several superb cartoons for kids running at the moment. That this show is for younger viewers in no way excuses it.

Thank you. Shows don't have to be shit just because they're for kids. Kids can like shows that are good. Everything doesn't have to be "lolXDsorandumb"

GrizzNKev

Banned
Thank you. Shows don't have to be shit just because they're for kids. Kids can like shows that are good. Everything doesn't have to be "lolXDsorandumb"

Exactly, it's shit like this that turns kids into meme-spouting idiots in the first place. Stop reinforcing the vomit of our culture through entertainment.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The animation is bad enough, but the new voices are so unlike the originals that it's just jarring. They didn't even try.

You guys are tripping. The show is cute and funny. And its for babies.

Never an excuse.

I thought it was bad, but I don't really see it as being that different than later Spongebob or some of the other CN cartoons, which I don't like either.

I already thought the show was off target because of the unicorn thing, now after finding out about Ms. Bellum being removed? Man.

HD-VHS

Banned

Excuses what? I said I think the show is funny, which is what really matters for a comedy show. Animation is kinda janky but it works.

This whole "raped my childhood" thing is goofy as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom