• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously what is going on with the FROM rumors from people who claim to be insiders? We are hearing so many conflicting things.

First a developer says that he is 99% certain that Bloodborne 2 will get announced at E3. Then we have another one saying that Bloodborne 2 is not happening. Then we have another one saying that FROM's ARPG probably won't be at E3 but wait! FROM will be at E3 in some capacity. Then we have another one saying that FROM x Sony is coming. And in top of all that an other member in a Bloodborne 2 thread was saying that he heard from a friend over Bend that Demon's Souls Remastered is getting announced at E3 along Demon's Souls 2.

It's E3 season bro, where everyone becomes an Insider under the light of the full moon.

Prompto

Banned
H4bdfLc.gif

You'll get a short trailer with recycled music from decade old games and no release date.
That's all I need! I can't wait to see Olympus Coliseum and Twilight Town for the fifth time.
I hope it says "not in development"
tumblr_onqfq2pZhM1v69oswo1_1280.png

cheesekao

You guys should really keep your expectations in check. Before PSX 2014, there was a supposed insider who was vetted by the mods and boy, the fallout was real.

Dahbomb

You guys should really keep your expectations in check. Before PSX 2014, there was a supposed insider who was vetted by the mods and boy, the fallout was real.
Breh that's like 3 years ago. I don't even remember what happened at PSX 2014.

Though honestly I am not even aware of what has been "leaked by insiders" and what hasn't. Seems to be all hush hush aside from the super obvious stuff like God of War being there.

DKHF

I'm expecting the a new trailer for KH III with a live orchestra and the debut of the new theme by Utada Hikaru.

Believe?
I think they'll save a new Utada theme for later when they reveal the CG opening. But I'm definitely expecting a new trailer either at Sony's conference or the LA concert on June 10 (Nomura said KH3 will appear at an upcoming concert which at this point seems guaranteed to be in LA). Either way the trailer could be accompanied by an orchestra...

A good portion of gaf never learns overhyping themselves to the moon and have the sheer audacity to say that X company betrayed them.

libregkd

To be honest, the only thing I really expect is about 2-3 new Sony reveals. It's something Sony has consistently done for the last few E3 so I don't really see why they would change that up now. The obvious one is a look at SuckerPunch's new game but there will probably be a surprise reveal as well (be it from a first party studio or another developer partner similar to Insomniac or Supermassive) For reference these were games Sony revealed the past few E3s

2016:
God of War
Days Gone
Spider-Man
Death Stranding

2015:
The Last Guardian (Re-reveal but I'm counting it anyway because of how long it was between showings)
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Dreams (formally announced)
Rigs

2014:
Entwined
inFamous: First Light
LittleBigPlanet 3
Bloodborne
Ratchet and Clank (Mentioned, not shown)
Uncharted 4 (first footage)

Disclaimer: Demon Souls remaster is a maybe only because Miyazaki said he would be okay with an external studio doing such a thing. So that's not out of the question.

...I'm sorry, you might be vetted, but some of your stuff is very hard to believe. While I'm pretty sure Sony would ask/ let Miyazaki know out of pure respect, he don't have jack shit to do with a remastered PS3 game. His work or not.. that and Bloodborne are Sony games.
From didn't build BB by themselves, a part of Japan studio could be working on the game headed by a guy from From..

Like why would Miyazaki even care if they remastered Demons or not? I thought he was done with those? I mean, they gave it away for free with plus.

And this is with ALL due respect.

I guess it's that time of the year.. sigh..

Elfstruck

...I'm sorry, you might be vetted, but some of your stuff is very hard to believe. While I'm pretty sure Sony would ask/ let Miyazaki know out of pure respect, he don't have jack shit to do with a remastered PS3 game. His work or not.. that and Bloodborne are Sony games.
From didn't build BB by themselves, a part of Japan studio could be working on the game headed by a guy from From..

I'm not sure people would want that.

VertPin

A few months ago i asked the contact about some concept art that was belived to be leaked from Fromsoft's next IP (its not) and i asked them to reiterate whether or not we'd see said ARPG project this year and whether or not it would be around E3 or TGS, they said they weren't comfortable discussing such details but not to hold my breath.
So, im going to say 2018 for reveal.
It just seems...kind of BS? Does your contact work for FromSoftware or somewhere close in the industry that would have this sort of information? Anyone can claim to have a "contact" or claim to be sort of verified. I'm not trying to offend you or be disrespectful, it just seems like you've been going purely based off of interviews. Game developers in the past have constantly said they weren't working on "x" project, and they were lying or trying not to create hype or hysteria.
Why are you still doing this.
Tell me why the Ori developer would have information. Just because they're​ in the industry? They work with Microsoft and are from Austria. What relationship would they have with Sony and Fromsoft? And just because they're a developer doesn't mean that they're guess was simply that, a guess based on personal opinion and not some secret. This is grasping at straws.

Hopes and dreams ™
Well, they could have a contact too. ;p
/s

A game developer who worked on an hit like Ori is likely to have some connections, too.

At this point, I'm not expecting a Bloodborne 2 at E3. However, I do expect Sony to capitalize on its success and a sequel to come out at some point. Regardless, if we see FromSoftware at E3 announcing a new game, I'd be very happy.

I'm not sure people would want that.

Demons is a Sony ip, correct? I know they didn't develop the game nor do I want Sony to make it without FS. My whole purpose of posting, is that they can remaster the game themselves (outsourcing) without Miyazaki. And IF I'm correct then they don't need his say so, nor do I really think he would give a shit. More money for them.

I know all that.. im saying From doesn't have to take the majority of the weight in developing BB2, per him saying they could be spread thin with new ips and such and didn't expect an announcement till 2018.

Your quote even says Sony approached them for BB.

Edit: why'd you edit!? 😂

The God

I think it's unlikely Miyazaki is lying. It doesn't make sense to put of 3 years of Souls games and tell everyone they're taking a break, then turn around to say "sike!" with another Souls game

VertPin

That's rich. A GAFer with "friends" in the industry questioning how an actual developer would have industry info.
I was thinking about this too.

Killer Queen should actually be straight up verified by a mod before making claims like this. I know he/she has spoken to a mod about it before, but they them self said they weren't really verified.

After faster-paced Souls games like BB, NiOh and The Surge that I very much enjoyed, there is no way I would want to return to hiding behind a shield in Demon's Souls 2. Zero hype for it.

Probably a motion capture.

Demon Souls is actually a very fast paced game, and most people don't use shields in it.

itsFizz

How is From shit out of luck in the latter scenario? Sony needs From more than From needs Sony (edit: I'm obviously talking about in the context of Bloodborne 2 )
Quite simple: FROM can not legally create Bloodborne 2 without Sonys consent as Sony holds the IP. However Sony can create BB2 whenever they feel like it. They don not need FROM´s consent or cooperation. Notice how I am not talking about anything creative here, but simply about who holds the IP and ths decides whatever happens to it. That company is Sony, not FROM.

I should have said that Sony needs From to make it. Do people even want to play BB2/DeS 2 made by different studio?
Well personally I don´t really care who makes BB2, as long as it feels like the first one in both gameplay and Style.

The God

Quite simple: FROM can not legally create Bloodborne 2 without Sonys consent as Sony holds the IP. However Sony can create BB2 whenever they feel like it. They don not need FROM´s consent or cooperation. Notice how I am not talking about anything creative here, but simply about who holds the IP and ths decides whatever happens to it. That company is Sony, not FROM.

Well personally I don´t really care who makes BB2, as long as it feels like the first one in both gameplay and Style.

I get that, but in what way is From out of luck if they don't want to develop the game in the first place lol

itsFizz

I get that, but in what way is From out of luck if they don't want to develop the game in the first place lol
What I meant was that if FROM decided to make BB2 (because they decided to do so in my scenario) and Sony said nope (again, because they decided to do so in my scenario) then FROM could simply not create BB2, as they do not own the IP.

Bloodborne 2 (or new From IP)
Shenmue HD Collection supposedly waiting in the wings, ready to be announced

That alone makes a winner of a conference.

arcticice

i know people want Bloodborne 2 but i'm up for any ARPG that FROM has in development. Dark Souls to Bloodborne was huge leap in gameplay but it worked and that's what matter.

They know what direction they should take and i'm pretty sure the dark fantasy ARPG they're working on will be another great FROM game. Hopefully, it's at E3

I can't believe Dreams was announced since 2015. Didn't they say in a 2015 video that the Beta will be out next year meaning 2016?
I don't know why they didn't yet. Are they afraid of what the community could pull from just a Beta?

schaft0620

Nobody really has any crazy expectations, outside of DMC5 and Bloodborne 2 most expectations are for games that have already been announced. You have CAPCOM saying they are bringing games to E3 and you have a dev saying 99% sure on Bloodborne 2 and you have From saying they are working on 2 games last year.

The 2nd thing you mentioned was actually clarified by me when talking about MvC:I. But I get the feeling clarification doesn't really matter in your book - hate away, good man.
But the first thing...

Yakuza 5 was a gigaton to me, goddammit!

SOLDIER

Is there an estimated day on when the tickets will go up?

Really don't want to miss my chance. I almost missed last year's being put on the waiting list, so I want to make sure I've got a ticket reservation locked down this time. About how many days before the conference have they put up the tickets last time?

Is a white PS4 Pro with a price cut too much to ask for?

I think a price cut will come around end of year/Scorpio release. In the short term I could see Sony releasing a PS Pro/Horizon Zero Dawn bundle for $399/£350.

As for a standard white PS4 Pro I think it will be released but maybe not till next year. I could see a limited edition GT Sport white PS4 Pro being released this year.

Like why would Miyazaki even care if they remastered Demons or not? I thought he was done with those? I mean, they gave it away for free with plus.

And this is with ALL due respect.

I guess it's that time of the year.. sigh..
You and anyone else are entirely free to not believe me and its no skin off my back if you do or don't. If I knowingly spread false info then i get perma'd. And as I've already said, im entirely fine with giving a mod everything I have, but what i find ironic is that the thing you find hard to believe is something that isnt insider info but publicly available information.

Miyazaki saying he's okay with a remaster from an external studio isn't from me, that's from Miyazaki himself from an interview

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/de...nother-deve/1100-6441637/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

It just seems...kind of BS? Does your contact work for FromSoftware or somewhere close in the industry that would have this sort of information? Anyone can claim to have a "contact" or claim to be sort of verified. I'm not trying to offend you or be disrespectful, it just seems like you've been going purely based off of interviews. Game developers in the past have constantly said they weren't working on "x" project, and they were lying or trying not to create hype or hysteria.

Well, they could have a contact too. ;p
/s

A game developer who worked on an hit like Ori is likely to have some connections, too.

At this point, I'm not expecting a Bloodborne 2 at E3. However, I do expect Sony to capitalize on its success and a sequel to come out at some point. Regardless, if we see FromSoftware at E3 announcing a new game, I'd be very happy.

That's rich. A GAFer with "friends" in the industry questioning how an actual developer would have industry info.

The fact of the matter is though:
What im saying isn't anything really out there, it's exactly in line with publicly available information and quite frankly, common sense. The only thing that's a secret that I've posted about is that From's ARPG wont be at this E3.
A sequel to Bloodborne has been said time and time again, from the man upstairs himself to be not in the cards. Its you guys that continue to perpetuate this myth. Bloodborne 2 not being in development after the head of the company making that game repeadedly saying he's not developing and there are no plans to develop said game isn't anything "juicy" or worthy of hype and chaos. So not only has it been available to the public for nearly two years now, been reiterated once again earlier this year, im simply saying that it was once again confirmed to me by someone who is close to these projects.

So realistically, what's more likely. That what I'm saying that's in line with everything else directly from the studio turns out to be true, or that I'm lying and one developer is actually posting some super secret info rather than just their personal guess?

Anything else ive posted regarding their output (outside of a Demon Souls remaster and Demon Souls II not happening, both publicly available information) is speculation on my part based off of other available information. Such as what Fromsoft is currently working​ on, how and when they tend to start working on projects, how their release windows work.

And despite your accusations. Not one person has been able to dispute what I've said with really anything. I've been entirely honest about my claims thus far, who I am and who im not, and to what degree I know of what I claim and I'm able to materialize what my claims are based off of consistently, and yet no one else has.

I was thinking about this too.

Killer Queen should actually be straight up verified by a mod before making claims like this. I know he/she has spoken to a mod about it before, but they them self said they weren't really verified.

I mean, kind of hypocritical don't you think, considering you're also the one jumping to defend Thomas as an insider simply because he works in the industry.

Maybe you should have the same precautions towards him?

But to go even further. A few months ago (about March I think). I PM'd More_Badass requesting a temp ban for personal reasons. Inside said message, I told them as to where I got my information from on this specific topic since people had begun to start sporadically quoting me and using my posts in these threads (as people continue to do).

I can and will show either More_Badass or any mod interested exactly what I have for them to vet my claims. Though out of respect for the source of information in question, I won't be posting any of it publicly.

Edit: But since my original PM to More_Badass and despite me consistently inviting any mod to question me further. I've not received any such request.

Hexa

I remember that. The guy said that there would be The Last Gaurdian, FFVII Remake, and Shenmue 3. Funny enough, even if he was just guessing, he got the trinity right, even if it was for the wrong conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom