• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

Two splatfests and no new maps. Getting really worried about new maps. I was hoping anywhere between 24-32 maps by end of life, but its already been 1/12th of the way through and its still at eight maps. The first real dissapointment about Splatoon. No new maps in the first month is just really bad. And a Splatfest exclusive map doesn't count. Guess I need to have lower expectations now but with it starting with 8 instead of Splatoon's 5 I expected quite abit more than Splatoon's final 16 by end of life. Now I'm not even sure if it'll hit 20.

For the Splatfest #TeamFlight all the way!

Cyanity

Banned
Oh man, new Splatfest already? Flight vs Invisibility is a surprisingly difficult choice, but I think I'm gonna go with flying for sure.

Although you could punch a lot of Nazis with the power of invisibility...

Two splatfests and no new maps. Getting really worried about new maps. I was hoping anywhere between 24-32 maps by end of life, but its already been 1/12th of the way through and its still at eight maps. The first real dissapointment about Splatoon. No new maps in the first month is just really bad. And a Splatfest exclusive map doesn't count. Guess I need to have lower expectations now but with it starting with 8 instead of Splatoon's 5 I expected quite abit more than Splatoon's final 16 by end of life. Now I'm not even sure if it'll hit 20.

For the Splatfest #TeamFlight all the way!

I have a feeling they'll be introducing multiple maps at a time, instead of just one, with this game.

This is 90% of my matches

It's just pathetic. I'm trying to not let it ruin my experience, but I put a lot of effort into each match.

I'm trying to see where I can improve to carry even more. Idk why, but I take my Splatoon seriously. Full try hard.

2000+p while teammates only get about 500-700p with no splats.

Rage simulator.

A lot of that also may be dependent on what weapons everyone is using though. Like if youre using an Aero, its super easy to rack up points in general. Using a blaster, you arent covering as much ground effectively as an aero and not able to rack up as many points. (granted that doesnt account for any non-splats)

But as i said before, i do believe matchmaking to be wonky.

A lot of that also may be dependent on what weapons everyone is using though. Like if youre using an Aero, its super easy to rack up points in general. Using a blaster, you arent covering as much ground effectively as an aero and not able to rack up as many points. (granted that doesnt account for any non-splats)

Yeah the skill gap is so massive. Playing ranked I'm getting consistently 20 splats or more and my teammates struggle to get 5 or 6. On top of that they all huddle on the tower like boobs so there's never a safe spawn lol.

Sorry for the negativity, but I needed to vent.

It also depends on how much of a squash it is. I've been in matches with 65% wins and the highest P on the winning team was ~800. If you are stomping the other team and they can't cover any ground there is going to be little to paint over up.

Yeah the skill gap is so massive. Playing ranked I'm getting consistently 20 splats or more and my teammates struggle to get 5 or 6. On top of that they all huddle on the tower like boobs so there's never a safe spawn lol.

Sorry for the negativity, but I needed to vent.

No need to be sorry dude. It can be frustrating for sure. Like, i dont mind losing. But going on like 15 game lose streak is not fun at all. Thats where i currently am at the past couple days. Just cant string together any sort of luck and get any winning teams. I was Superfresh 26 with my roller. I think last night i dipped to 3.5 now?

Some days this game can be tough on the ego for sure.

Two new additions arrived to my modest collection. Was originally only going to get Zelda ones but it seems I've been bitten by the amiibo bug. Really happy with them.

Next up the lime green girl, original boy and Callie + Marie. Oh boy.

jbu54no.jpg

JOMaJeu.jpg

4QNgKCO.jpg

That post and this game in general make me wanna get on the Splatoon amiibo club. But first, i wanna get one of those Splatoon 2 Pro Controllers.

Mediking

The ๖ۜBronx;246363728 said:
Two new additions arrived to my modest collection. Was originally only going to get Zelda ones but it seems I've been bitten by the amiibo bug. Really happy with them.

The camera you're using is amazing. Lol

That post and this game in general make me wanna get on the Splatoon amiibo club. But first, i wanna get one of those Splatoon 2 Pro Controllers.
I was going to get one before I was forced to admit that I play my Switch entirely in handheld mode now and haven't had the dock hooked up for a couple of months. It looks amazing though.

I'm torn on the joycons though, I typically choose dark colours for things with screens so there's less to distract around it. It's still very tempting.

Also definitely do hop on amiibo if you're interested. I had no interest in them until I spotted the Smash Bros Link one day, and knowing it was quite rare (at least to find at normal price) I thought I'd give it a go. I had BotW so figured I'd get some benefit there from it too. Next thing I know I'm thinking what others I'd like. For the price their quality is really decent, and since I've always been a fan of games and Nintendo, and don't really collect anything, I figured I'd just collect them slowly over time.

The camera you're using is amazing. Lol

Haha thank you, its the Galaxy S8+ just on auto. I had the 6P for two years before it and broke the back plate two months in, went 22 months without a camera that didn't blur and have flecks over it. Needless to say I'm really appreciating having one back again.

The ๖ۜBronx;246363728 said:

Dude, those images look CLEAN!

Also is that a MH Stories amiibo?

Dude, those images look CLEAN!

Also is that a MH Stories amiibo?
Thanks man. It is, good spot! My best friend is half Japanese with family over there and whenever he visits he brings back some bits for me.

He came back a couple of weeks ago with that one and the Skyward Sword Link. Some snaps in case you're interested. The orange is a bit eh next to the wood and in yellow light in so forgive the contrast.

True Fire

I have a strange question. It seems Nintendo is marketing this game towards everyone, including a younger audience.

Are kids into this game? I am thinking about getting it for my niece, but it is a relatively complex game. She's 10. I'm curious if the kids can keep up.

I'm pretty sure most of the people I play with in multiplayer are kids

ChrisD

Man how does a Tentatek get zero kills against two Brushes, a Tri-Slosher, and a Carbon Roller?

He lost every battle with them, didn't even trade. He was always an X. :/

No need to be sorry dude. It can be frustrating for sure. Like, i dont mind losing. But going on like 15 game lose streak is not fun at all. Thats where i currently am at the past couple days. Just cant string together any sort of luck and get any winning teams. I was Superfresh 26 with my roller. I think last night i dipped to 3.5 now?

Some days this game can be tough on the ego for sure.

What's the SuperFresh rating for?

Ogodei

Also it's easier to rack up obscene scores if you're the only good player (with a good-inking weapon) on a sucky team. I've found that i do worse on scoring on games where my team really dominates because there's simply less turf to be had (also because i tend to be wary of enemies trying to base-swap, so if my team pushes deep into enemy territory, i'll hang back lest a roller slip by and have run of the field).

ChrisD

You have to cover Zone to win, believe it or not. It shocked me, too, that the mode called Splat Zones required splatting a zone.

Thanks for letting it get into the hands of one enemy with a Bomb Rush while you three tried to spawn camp. We had the solid win up until then.

The ๖ۜBronx;246366670 said:
Thanks man. It is, good spot! My best friend is half Japanese with family over there and whenever he visits he brings back some bits for me.

He came back a couple of weeks ago with that one and the Skyward Sword Link. Some snaps in case you're interested. The orange is a bit eh next to the wood and in yellow light in so forgive the contrast.

Completely forgot they made Stories amiibo until I saw the feint image of a Rathalos with someone on top of it lol. That's really cool of your friend!

Sometimes I'm astounded by the quality and detail of amiibos. Along with the image quality, these look great! Thanks for sharing!

The ๖ۜBronx;246367798 said:
Stops after 15 though (when you turn Superfresh), worth noting.

Yeah! Even though it didnt do anything for me at level 26, when it dropped it was a sad reminder of how my luck was going. lol

ChrisD

"There have not been many players for a time so rank will not be changed"

Loses tank and drops to OK line

Nintendo, fix when

Completely forgot they made Stories amiibo until I saw the feint image of a Rathalos with someone on top of it lol. That's really cool of your friend!

Sometimes I'm astounded by the quality and detail of amiibos. Along with the image quality, these look great! Thanks for sharing!

Honestly I had no idea until he took a picture of the amiibo in one of the stores and I spotted it. It's a really decent size. It is, lucky to have him tbh.

Same. When they first were around I dismissed them as I didn't think the quality would be great for a tenner and there wouldn't be much point paying it just for the content that was out at the time. Happy to be proven wrong though, they're really great for the price and it makes it a nice affordable collectible to pursue as and when you have some cash. No problem, thanks for your interest!

Nambu

Neo Member
I have a strange question. It seems Nintendo is marketing this game towards everyone, including a younger audience.

Are kids into this game? I am thinking about getting it for my niece, but it is a relatively complex game. She's 10. I'm curious if the kids can keep up.

My youngest girl is 9 & she dominates most matches she plays in. That said she has been playing Splat 1 on the U for the last 2 years.

If I'm honest, she is probably better than me at multi. Quicker reactions, reads the screen better, slicker movement etc, damn I'm getting old.

So yeah, I reckon most kids can keep up. The broken ranking system will try to keep it balanced & fair also....*cough*

Throw in a decent story mode, whilst not a patch on the first games adventure, is still ok & not to tough bar a few hidden items & maybe the odd level & you have a game not to complex for young un's at all.

ChrisD

We won, but I don't want heart problems from stress, so I'm done.

Sir and or Madam, please don't bring Inkbrush into Ranked. Especially if you're unaware of its covering capabilities and just use it as a flank weapon. Please swap over to OctoBrush, it would fit your play better and we'd all be better off for it.

"There have not been many players for a time so rank will not be changed"

Loses tank and drops to OK line

Nintendo, fix when

I have literally lost rank that bug. I would have gotten to S+ quicker without the DC loses counting.

Yeah I've been taking a break from ranked because of how stressful it is to have something on the line, but heavily influenced by the choices of strangers.
Like when they decide to test a gun out in ranked.

I like competitive play, which is why I love league, but ranked is getting me too mad. There's such a stark difference.

Sir and or Madam, please don't bring Inkbrush into Ranked. Especially if you're unaware of its covering capabilities and just use it as a flank weapon. Please swap over to OctoBrush, it would fit your play better and we'd all be better off for it.

I think in general people do not play properly according to the weapon they choose. This game is simple enough, but it's actually deceptively deep with strategy and gameplay styles with each weapon.

Yooooooo! I had to sign for a package mid-match, came back with 31 seconds left on the clock and the enemy team had 80% of the map inked...AND WE CAME BACK TO WIN IT ALL!!

#NeverGiveUp

Mediking

Leaving the Aerospra behind for a while.

I've played Aerospray since day one. It was my main.

Until...

I was firing at a guy. He didn't die. He jumped up to do Splashdown. I quickly jumped outta the way. He crashed down. I kept firing. Dude still did not die. He shot at me. I died.

Raged and almost turned Super Saiyan.

Went to my weapon screen. Pulled out the dual handguns.

Time for war.

ChrisD

Yeah I've been taking a break from ranked because of how stressful it is to have something on the line, but heavily influenced by the choices of strangers.
Like when they decide to test a gun out in ranked.

I like competitive play, which is why I love league, but ranked is getting me too mad. There's such a stark difference.

I don't even really feel like there's much on the line because of the over-forgiving OK system and the ridiculousness that is the + system. I just get stressed out whenever we're constantly down a dude or two because an Inkbrush is trying to flank. It leaves a few people trying to keep things neutral in very difficult positions.

Somewhat unrelated but, do we have any sales numbers for NA yet?

I'm not certain, but I'd like to see them as well.

I think in general people do not play properly according to the weapon they choose. This game is simple enough, but it's actually deceptively deep with strategy and gameplay styles with each weapon.

Deceptively deep should be on the back of Splatoon's box. :|

Yooooooo! I had to sign for a package mid-match, came back with 31 seconds left on the clock and the enemy team had 80% of the map inked...AND WE CAME BACK TO WIN IT ALL!!

#NeverGiveUp

Nice! Teamwipe into hard push?

Leaving the Aerospra behind for a while.

I've played Aerospray since day one. It was my main.

Until...

I was firing at a guy. He didn't die. He jumped up to do Splashdown. I quickly jumped outta the way. He crashed down. I kept firing. Dude still did not die. He shot at me. I died.

Raged and almost turned Super Saiyan.

Went to my weapon screen. Pulled out the dual handguns.

Time for war.

I was using it too, but now that I have the Splattershot pro I can kill people so much easier. It was frustrating how much I had to lay into someone with the aero.

I get killed by people with dualies probably the the most. Those things rip.

I've been in the hospital for so long now. But I can finally play this game again. It's been a while.

Just in time for the Splatfest too!

Top Bottom