• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX: Deadly Descents - 2011 - Trailer - [Update: Website & Description]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
AlphaTwo00 said:
ssxdd-screenshot-helicguqt.jpg

Ok, this concept art may suggest that they haven't entirely lost their minds, yet. Some quirkiness still to be had, maybe...
That's probably just an easter egg... but I admit if this game actually did end up being tongue in cheek "serious", it could work.

"Meet Agent Eddie. An aging playboy who never quite left the 70s. Ask him about disco and funk records, someday.... or you can ask him about... assassinations. He's our man for the job..."

Rekwest

Foliorum Viridum said:
Never been the biggest SSX fan, I only played Tricky, but the thing I loved in that game were the vibrant colours.

So uh... yeah. That seems to be gone. :lol Who the fuck wants a "mature" snowboarding game?
Rise hand.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Crumpet Trumpet said:
Is this a joke? Does the Onion cover video games now?

So this is the Days of Ruin/Act Zero of the SSX series or what. I guess it's not that big of a deal

Days of Ruin was the best AW. That game was pretty well received when first seen. People were interested in the new direction. Definitely not the case here.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
:(

Is SSX3 BC on 360?

EDIT: Forgot my PS3 does BC. Yay :) Also, SSX is $3.99! Woooooooooooo!

StuBurns said:
This is the good half?

I realized what I'd typed just before I read your post. :lol

I mean, maybe this is just some shitty ruse on EA's behalf to lure in the mainstream. Then all of a sudden SHIT SON SO MANY COLORS

disappeared said:
I hope this trailer is just fucking with us like MGS2 and the Tanker chapter.

Except in reverse right? So the actual rest of the game is GOOD instead of bait and switch (mostly) crap.

But DAMN @ the melt down in this thread. I'm not happy with all the serious darkness either, but people need to chill out until some gameplay vids, cotdamn.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
disappeared said:
I hope this trailer is just fucking with us like MGS2 and the Tanker chapter.
Probably. You die near the end of the first race when another snowboarder no-scope snipes you from an adjacent peak. The rest of the game is in snowboarding afterlife, where the mountains are made of cotton candy and you grind giant candy canes all the way down the track.

vatstep said:
Probably. You die near the end of the first race when another snowboarder no-scope snipes you from an adjacent peak. The rest of the game is in snowboarding afterlife, where the mountains are made of cotton candy and you grind giant candy canes all the way down the track.

...I once dreamed that. :(

StuBurns

Banned
disappeared said:
I realized what I'd typed just before I read your post. :lol

I mean, maybe this is just some shitty ruse on EA's behalf to lure in the mainstream. Then all of a sudden SHIT SON SO MANY COLORS
Yeah, first twenty minutes are BlackOps then it's Speed Racer, fo sho.

Maybe its pretending to be serious in a Seagal movie kind of way? Meaning it might be entertaining if approached for its comedic value.

X26

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
But DAMN @ the melt down in this thread. I'm not happy with all the serious darkness either, but people need to chill out until some gameplay vids, cotdamn.

It wouldn't be the first time I've jumped the gun and been completely wrong about a game. I'm hoping it will actually turn out good of course since I love the series, but for now I just feel like spazing out a bit over the potential clusterfuck

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Operations said:
Maybe its pretending to be serious in a Seagal movie kind of way? Meaning it might be entertaining if approached for its comedic value.
This is what I'm hoping. It's literally the only salvation.

If it's played ultra-straight with no self-awareness.... Do not want.

Mrbob

WTF is this shit? Damn you EA. Just give me SSX Tricky in HD for like 10 bucks on PSN or XBLA.

I had to do a double take when I read the thread title. Then I watched the video and SSX is dead as a franchise.

Calcaneus

I'm just glad to have a snowboarding game come out. Guess I also don't have the "instant puke" reaction to the trailer that most of you had.

If gameplay footage comes out and it sucks, I'll be right with you guys.

All right guys. I know this isn't the SSX we were waiting for. But it might still be a kick ass snowboarding game. I'm going to keep my mind open.

Lard said:
I can grab the first 3 games for $4 each. Is it worth it Gaf?
Tricky's worth it for sure.

epmode

Calcaneus said:
I'm just glad to have a snowboarding game come out. Guess I also don't have the "instant puke" reaction to the trailer that most of you had.

If gameplay footage comes out and it sucks, I'll be right with you guys.
If you're going to change the entire tone of the series, don't call it SSX.

But hay, the idiots who actually asked for a sequel will buy it regardless, right? Original fans plus opfor dudebros = megahit!

Neuromancer said:
All right guys. I know this isn't the SSX we were waiting for. But it might still be a kick ass snowboarding game. I'm going to keep my mind open.

Tricky's worth it for sure.

Then EA should have made a game called "Call of Snowboard: Modernboardfare" instead of basically killing the SSX franchise with this.
It'll sell horrible and the series will end here.

Also, everyone that's wanted a new SSX game like the old ones, and didn't buy Blur, shut up.
That game was awesome, and because of you, we got this.

Snakeyes

Tonight, I almost cried for the second time because of a video game. The first time was when Andross Brain ruined my high score on Expert Mode in Star Fox 64. I was 8 years old.

ZombieSupaStar said:
fuck this im gonna go play amped 3
Yeah this got me in the mood too, playing Stoked right now :lol

AceBandage said:
Then EA should have made a game called "Call of Snowboard: Modernboardfare" instead of basically killing the SSX franchise with this.
It'll sell horrible and the series will end here.

Also, everyone that's wanted a new SSX game like the old ones, and didn't buy Blur, shut up.
That game was awesome, and because of you, we got this.
Well I think we all know calling it an SSX game was probably smart, business wise, if for no other reason than brand recognition.

Also I don't see what Blur has to do with any of this.

Lard said:
I can grab the first 3 games for $4 each. Is it worth it Gaf?

I'd say all three of those are individually worth $4, though SSX1 might be a bit redundant with Tricky. Still, for $12 you can get all three good games in the series and make up your own mind which one is best. :lol

bridegur

If they keep the controls of the original games, I may be able to stomach THE ULTIMATE GRITTINESS, but if I have to deal with Skate-type controls and this overly serious bullshit, this is going to be the biggest disappointment of the generation.

Neuromancer said:
Yeah this got me in the mood too, playing Stoked right now :lol

Well I think we all know calling it an SSX game was probably smart, business wise, if for no other reason than brand recognition.

Also I don't see what Blur has to do with any of this.
Meant this one:
256px-SSX_Blur.jpg

Not Uber-car kart racer from Bizzare.

epmode

AceBandage said:
Correct.
Awesome, awesome game that everyone shit on because of its platform.
Nah, just the controls. Same way I'll lose my mind if that right-stick-trick thing is true.

Amir0x

Banned
epmode said:
Nah, just the controls. Same way I'll lose my mind if that right-stick-trick thing is true.

yup

the game was atrocious

This looks bad too but Blur is a bad memory thankfully forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom