• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX: Deadly Descents - 2011 - Trailer - [Update: Website & Description]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VALIS

SSX games have always had fun gameplay but ridiculous and wholly embarrassing character design. This gritty shit is the same clusterfuck of design choices as ever, just a different flavor.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
VALIS said:
SSX games have always had fun gameplay but ridiculous and wholly embarrassing character design. This gritty shit is the same clusterfuck of design choices as ever, just a different flavor.

The ridiculous designs were the point. And it was awesome.

2a790cy.jpg

:lol Bravo EA, bravo!

SSX fans, you have my sympathy. :(

Mars

Banned
If this game applies the old SSX irony/humor to this scenario, then these people are geniuses. Otherwise, fuck off.

Also, I totally predicted it in the thread where we had the description of this game, saying this didn't sound like the SSX I loved, and someone tried to call me out on it. How does that gentleman feel about this game now, I wonder?

Hylian7

EA's description of the game said:
and look good doing it
This gives me a small glimmer of hope that it will still be good, but I'm still very on the fence about what we've seen so far. The fact that Elise is on the helicopter also gives me a bit of hope, but who knows.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I fully expected him to start shooting some terrorists while he was snowboarding :lol
Medal of Honor: SSX ?

daegan

Who wanted this? The worst part is if it doesn't do well EA will think that people don't like SSX - people like the past attitude of SSX but they might not like THIS attitude of SSX. We'll see...

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
EA totally split their ass cheeks and sprayed fecal matter in the face of gaming in general. What the fuck is this. What the fuck did you do to my SSX?

BlueTsunami said:
EA totally split their ass cheeks and sprayed fecal matter in the face of gaming in general. What the fuck is this. What the fuck did you do to my SSX?
Come on let's at least keep it clean people, that's disgusting.

-PXG-

The point of a reboot is to breathe new life into a franchise, not destroy what's left of it. God damn. DMC, now this? Hopefully Tomb Raider isn't terrible. Some of these companies man....they take the word delusional to a whole new fucking level. They are so disconnected with reality and what people want, it's down right hilarious. And to think, there are executives and investors behind this bullshit who think this will be profitable. Jesus Christ. I feel sorry for the poor developers who will, inevitably, lose their jobs over this game. It's a shame. You work your ass off on a game that is doomed to fail, and yet, you still get fired. You lose your job because some idiot told you to make something you knew damn well was awful. And don't front GAF, ya'll know that will probably happen too.

Not only is SSX not relevant anymore (which is unfortunate, because its a great franchise), but they try bringing it back with a completely different focus that is nothing remotely close the the originals. smfh. This bitch is gonna crash and burn into the ground.

Jonnyram

This is SSX for the Call of Duty generation. Gamers brought it on themselves and I don't know what the big deal is. If you don't like it, ignore and move along. I bet this sells way more than previous entries though. Can't blame EA for wanting to make money.

Going from the description, you have to wonder: will this even be a racing game?

If not, what kind of game will it be? What will you do?

A snowboarding game based around exploration and specific challenges might be kind of neat. I know that's not what SSX is known for but let's face it, that ship has probably sailed.

DonMigs85

The choppa had Elise on it, maybe she's the boss of some secret underground snowboarding/drug ring?
Or maybe the old SSX characters are just fictional in this universe...

-PXG-

_dementia said:
Oh, Elise. I remember her.

SSX Tricky HD for PSN/XBLA pls

That's really all the need to do. Oh and redo 3.

Jonnyram said:
This is SSX for the Call of Duty generation. Gamers brought it on themselves and I don't know what the big deal is. If you don't like it, ignore and move along. I bet this sells way more than previous entries though. Can't blame EA for wanting to make money.

I'm blaming them for having a terrible idea that won't make them money. :lol

I wouldn't be mocking them if 1) I had a good feeling this would sell and 2) it was a good concept. Neither pertain to this at all. So no, fuck them. Being different and having a desire to succeed doesn't entitle you to wealth. Making something good does however. But no matter what, the devs get screwed over. EA could make a killing, yet without significant profit sharing, devs will get jack shit. If the game flops, uh oh, half the work force gets laid off. Pick your poison.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
DonMigs85 said:
The choppa had Elise on it, maybe she's the boss of some secret underground snowboarding/drug ring?
Or maybe the old SSX characters are just fictional in this universe...

The music is gonna probably be a mixture of Godsmack and Disturbed and the DJ will be a Private named "Radar" and its gonna be so fucking radical *makes Disturbed grunting sound*

as long as the track design and controls are as awesome as ssx 3 i dont care what "style" they use. I sure there will be alot of crow when the first gameplay footage is released.

seady

It's very clear what EA is trying to do with the franchise.

It's sad to say, but you can't be too simple nowadays with you games, or people would fault it for "why is it not a downloadable game?"

Whether you like it or not, Burnout Paradise was a great example of countering this problem by going open-world. On the other hand, NBA Jam is a great victim of bringing the arcadey experience as a full retail game - look at the way reviews turn out, everyone is saying craps like "it should be a XBLA/PSN game!".

EA probably has bigger hopes for the franchise, and don't want it to be just a $10 downloadable arcade game.

Kabuki Waq said:
as long as the track design and controls are as awesome as ssx 3 i dont care what "style" they use. I sure there will be alot of crow when the first gameplay footage is released.
Yeah. Somehow I don't think what little we saw in the trailer is going to define the entire look and feel of the game.

DonMigs85

BlueTsunami said:
The music is gonna probably be a mixture of Godsmack and Disturbed and the DJ will be a Private named "Radar" and its gonna be so fucking radical *makes Disturbed grunting sound*
No no, DJ Atomika MUST be retained

tass0

Banned
This is the worst thing ever. No, I mean it's literally the worst thing ever.

Words cannot describe.... this is supposed to be a snowboarding game? I fucking thought it was the new Call of Duty when I saw it live at the VGAs.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE GAMES INDUSTRY.

I was really hoping this was gonna be a reboot/return to the roots like NFS: HP was. I'm a bit disappointed if it's gonna be dark and gritty instead of colorful and funny.

DonMigs85

MidnightScott said:
I was really hoping this was gonna be a reboot/return to the roots like NFS: HP was. I'm a bit disappointed if it's gonna be dark and gritty instead of colorful and funny.
Or at least give it a cool, sleek style like SSX3, my personal fave.

After playing Shaun White Snowboarding, I got really bummed out by a lack of good snowboarding games since Amped 3 and went and picked up the PSP version of SSX On Tour. And honestly, it's not great; it's a game that cannot decide if it wants to be SSX Tricky or SSX 3 and does neither particularly well. But this is all beside the point. Either way, it was making me all excited for the prospect of a new SSX game and the craziness that could come out of it.

And with all that said: what the flying fuck is this shit?

I just re-watched the trailer for the 4th or 5th time and, while I have no idea what's going on, I actually do think it looks kind of cool maybe. I'm not going to let you guys bring me down.

I AM JOHN! said:
After playing Shaun White Snowboarding, I got really bummed out by a lack of good snowboarding games since Amped 3
Stoked: Big Air Edition is good, rough around the edges but good.

Teknoman

C4Lukins said:
Stop comparing it to Need for Speed. That is a franchise that is different every year to begin with. There is not a general tone or even playstyle to Need for Speed games. This change in tone would be like if the next Need for Speed had flying cars, circus music, and a talking animal companion.

True, but I mean the Hot Pursuit section of the series, not just NFS in general. Also I guess I shouldnt jump on people for complaining too much, since I was just as up in arms when the dmc teaser released.

Replicant

LOL @ thread title change.

Serenade said:
It could've been worse guys. What if he had a gun

Oh, don't worry, I'm sure EA will come up with that too. Y'know, how else are you going to get rid of your opponent? A simple push? Not hardcore enough. A well-aimed shot in the head is how you clean them enemies away from your path. Now that's hardcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom