• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen's Citizencon 2016 Presentation Livestream | Today @ 3PM PDT

Planet was beautiful. I loved the weather and overall layout of the ground. The mountains, rock formations, grass, trees. All gorgeous.

On the other hand, the AI...oof. What the fuck was that. Gunplay also looked a bit rigid but idk.

inkls

Planet was beautiful. I loved the weather and overall layout of the ground. The mountains, rock formations, grass, trees. All gorgeous.

On the other hand, the AI...oof. What the fuck was that. Gunplay also looked a bit rigid but idk.

I think one of the sq42 slides mentioned so wasn't there or fully implemented.

FiraB

Banned

Yeah that AI is a problem, but that is something that is being worked on as shown from the PR from previous slides. The gunplay could use some work, but these guys are no Bungie and it shows on that gunplay.

I do like the fact they have already explained previously how armor works in this game, material of your armor matters to increase your survivability, if those cloth armor guys didn't go down in one shot I'd be pissed because I fucking hate bullet sponges.

I know this sounds silly, but even though I'm an original backer and have put in about $100 into the funding of the game, I feel that the joystick (sadly, no good HOTAS for a lefty) I have is not good enough (Thrustmaster T.16000M). I feel super intimidated by getting back into this. Probably because the last time I played was dogfighting in the arena, since it was the only thing you could do. I hate this feeling of intimidation of playing something haha.

Mifec

My ears from the scene switch

Havel

I need that direct feed, high quality, non interlaced footage. Hurry the fuck up Star Citizen YouTube channel.

epmode

def scripted, they have 'hopes' of making them dynamic, like with most everything about the game.

I thought it was pretty telling when he didn't even look at the approaching cloud once the storm hit. Those ship pieces being blown off by the wind were obviously scripted as well.

But man, if they actually do it right?

Burny

But man, if they wactually do it right?

They've had since 2012 to do so. There was still no effing Squadron 42 "game"play, right? Any more of the usual "Chris is tirelessly hiding in mocap shoots with stars"? Any new ETAs? Or were partially scripted and partially broken wow-effect demos without any relation to what will be playable game in backer hands in the foreseeable future all they got? Besides power point slides?

Did they at least have the grace to make a tour through the finished 750$ please-throw-some-more-money-after-our-125$Mio.-project-without-ETAs ship that's been hyped up before this charade (Polaris)? Or is that also still just in .jpg shape?

epmode

They've had since 2012 to do so. There was still no effing Squadron 42 gameplay, right? Any new ETAs?

He claims he wants the S42 demo to be perfect or super-polished or whatever. Judging from the recent Star Citizen demos, they're definitely not there. He also mentioned wanting to have the S42 demo ready by the end of the year but didn't actually give an official timeline.

I'm thinking we won't get S42 until 2018.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah, get 'em Burny. That presentation was pretty weak. I'll have some crow with my holiday dinner here.

He claims he wants the S42 demo to be perfect or super-polished or whatever. Judging from the recent Star Citizen demos, they're definitely not there. He also mentioned wanting to have the S42 demo ready by the end of the year but didn't actually give an official timeline.

Yep, it's pretty telling since many systems like AI aren't complete, many levels are merely grey-boxed, ships that are going to be in SQ42 aren't complete, etc.

S42 game play demo didn't exist beyond the scripted events + cut scenes. he didn't even announce a release date which goes to show that it could very well fall in 2018+

Top Bottom