• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Cystm

...I thought It would be nice to make some vids for people just getting into the game that would introduce them to Warzones and help them be more successful at them..

So, here is one I made for Huttball.

What do you guys think? Does it suck? Is it too much? Not enough? Should it not be in the OT?

Any feed back is appreciated.

Welp, I accidentally deleted the source files along with other clips to free up disk space. (I have got to play these fucking games taking up space)

So that clip is final :lol

That said, future clips will be edited to allow the text to be easier to follow. Thanks again Tan for the feed back.

Alur

I thought 1.5 was bringing us the new WZ? I could have misunderstood, but I had my hopes pinned on it. I am hurt and feel alone. :(

Alur

Ah well. I was really hoping for that WZ to at least spice it up a little. At least there's a new companion I spose.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I thought 1.5 was bringing us the new WZ? I could have misunderstood, but I had my hopes pinned on it. I am hurt and feel alone. :(

In an interview I saw with Gabe from Gamescom he said TFB was coming next, then likely HK and then the warzone. So it'll be in 1.6.

After checking out the new daily area on PTS they have a world boss in that zone that walks right through what looks like a destroyed city square right between the Imperial and Republic areas. Seems very much like it was put there to encourage world PVP, drawing on the feedback from the world boss in Outlaw's Den during the Rakghoul event.

Cystm

What loot does that WB drop I wonder? If they want to incentivize WPvP that way, they might as well make it a PvP pinata and have it drop... Comms, warhero or battle master off pieces? Decent amount of credits?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
What loot does that WB drop I wonder? If they want to incentivize WPvP that way, they might as well make it a PvP pinata and have it drop... Comms, warhero or battle master off pieces? Decent amount of credits?

From what I understand the boss has multiple stages. He starts off easy. Each time you kill him comes back and the more you kill him the harder he gets and the better loot he drops. I don't know what he specifically drops though.

vilmer_

So I've decided to venture back into pve tanking after a very long hiatus lol. Where the crap do I find the vendor who sells columi relics? I want to compare them to my matrix cube!

StudioTan

So I've decided to venture back into pve tanking after a very long hiatus lol. Where the crap do I find the vendor who sells columi relics? I want to compare them to my matrix cube!

On the fleet in the Supplies section.

StudioTan

I've checked him a few times, but he doesn't seem to have any relics, just regular gear and ears/implants. Hm this is odd.

It's possible, I use PVP relics so I've never looked for any on those vendors. BattleMonkey has the correct answer.

HBroward

Wow, this new build of Tor Assistant really makes things easy mode. It plays a sound or text to speech anytime your Hot/Dot runs out, and anytime you have a debuff placed on you. I guess this will help all the less aware people out there. It seems to have certainly helped the author out:

I'm happy to say that with the latest version of Tor Assistant, I was able to up my Sorcerer DPS from about 1300 on the dummy to about 1550. WOOT! =] However, let me say that it did take a little bit of getting used to hearing the sounds and associating that with the right cast, so give your brain some time to adjust before you expect immediate results.

Tarazet

I've checked him a few times, but he doesn't seem to have any relics, just regular gear and ears/implants. Hm this is odd.

I haven't played in months, but I believe you can't get relics from him. You get them from raid drops, and Campaign relics from the daily vendor on Ilum/Bel.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Servers up. Also they added a page to see how many CCs you have. I only have 1300. :\

Lol, I have 6 months paid sub under my belt but under cartel coins it just says "subscribe now to earn coins"

Milly79

1.4.2 Patch Notes

10/16/2012

Classes and Combat

Bounty Hunter

Mercenary

Sweeping Blasters now correctly causes the player to face the ability's target.

Smuggler

Gunslinger

Sweeping Gunfire now correctly causes the player to face the ability's target.

Companion Characters

General

Some companion abilities now show more descriptive failure error messages.

Flashpoints and Operations

General

The UI for lockout tabs (for groups and lockout timers) now displays correctly.

Operation

Explosive Conflict

Some terrain has been adjusted to prevent players from skipping some encounters in this Operation.
The Defected Imperial Commander no longer occasionally becomes untargetable.

Items

Consumables that have an activation time are no longer consumed on a subsequent activation even when that activation is canceled.

Missions and NPCs

Class Missions

Sith Warrior

General Faraire: This mission no longer fails to update upon entering its phase.

Trooper

The Ambush: Corrected an issue that could prevent players from completing this mission.

PvP

Warzones

Implemented changes to correct issues that prevented Warzones from backfilling when a pre-made group member let the Warzone invitation time out.

UI

General

The map and other UI elements no longer occasionally flicker on machines with SLi or Crossfire setups.

Maps

SLi performance is no longer degraded when opening the Galaxy Map.
GTN kiosks now on player ships are now properly represented on the map.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Players who log out on another player's ship without ever having boarded their own are now correctly evicted to the docking bay.
Vehicles can once again be used in the Black Sun, Old Galactic Market, The Works, and the Jedi Temple districts on Coruscant.
Resolved an issue that caused the game client to sometimes treat mouse clicks outside of the window as valid clicks when using virtual on-screen keyboards.
Performance is no longer degraded in the Walker interior on Ord Mantell when moving the camera around the character.
Certain visual effects no longer disappear as they pass over particular types of geometry.
Some misplaced art assets, seams or holes in the terrain, and locations where players could become stuck have been corrected.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
OH WHAT THE SHIT, you only get your coins if you have an active sub when F2P goes live? You don't automatically get them just for having bought the game and had X months subbed in the past?

That's fucking degenerate EA shit.

Milly79

2 things:

A) Game runs shittier than before. I have no idea what the fuck they broke now.
B) I ran into a sorc with 9k health in a warzone. LOL OMG. My SoS took him down to 20%

StudioTan

OH WHAT THE SHIT, you only get your coins if you have an active sub when F2P goes live? You don't automatically get them just for having bought the game and had X months subbed in the past?

That's fucking degenerate EA shit.

You get some but not all that you could. Some cartel bonuses say Active Subscribers and some say Active and Former Subscribers.

ZetaEpyon

You get some but not all that you could. Some cartel bonuses say Active Subscribers and some say Active and Former Subscribers.

No, it specifically says on the page:
"You’ll only receive your Complimentary Cartel Coins if you’re active and subscribed when we go live with the new Free-to-Play option."

StudioTan

No, it specifically says on the page:
"You’ll only receive your Complimentary Cartel Coins if you’re active and subscribed when we go live with the new Free-to-Play option."

I can't check at the moment, the website is down but unless things have changed this was discussed on the official forums a few times and which bonuses you got varied.

Anoregon

I can't check at the moment, the website is down but unless things have changed this was discussed on the official forums a few times and which bonuses you got varied.

We are talking about different things. The bonuses do get vary based on when you sub.

HOWEVER

You can't collect ANY bonus coins AT ALL unless you have an active sub when the game goes free to play. If you had quit anytime between the game's launch and F2P, and come back to play after the F2P change, you get wonka'd. Nothing. Good day sir.

It's fucking disgraceful.

Milly79

We are talking about different things. The bonuses do get vary based on when you sub.

HOWEVER

You can't collect ANY bonus coins AT ALL unless you have an active sub when the game goes free to play. If you had quit anytime between the game's launch and F2P, and come back to play after the F2P change, you get wonka'd. Nothing. Good day sir.

It's fucking disgraceful.

This is EA we're talking about. I'm not surprised in the least.

Yea lot of folks are going to be pissed about this. Everyone seemed to expect to get the cartel coins automatically if they subbed at all in the past.

Fully expecting 400-500 coins per piece of armor with the chest armor being more(600). Color crystals to be 500ish with unique rare colors being 800ish and any exclusive store vehicles to be 1000+.

CzarTim

Yea lot of folks are going to be pissed about this. Everyone seemed to expect to get the cartel coins automatically if they subbed at all in the past.

Yeah, it's very disingenuous to say one thing then all of the sudden add an asterisk to it later on. Especially since I bet a lot of people unsubbed and stopped following the game until the F2P goes live. Then again, they've done that so many times over the years, it doesn't even surprise me now.

My bet is people throw a fit, and they backtrack. They are probably just looking to get a few more subs where they can.

Giolon

Yeah, it's very disingenuous to say one thing then all of the sudden add an asterisk to it later on. Especially since I bet a lot of people unsubbed and stopped following the game until the F2P goes live. Then again, they've done that so many times over the years, it doesn't even surprise me now.

My bet is people throw a fit, and they backtrack. They are probably just looking to get a few more subs where they can.

I honestly don't think there's enough people left that care about this game for them to have to backtrack. Most people who would have been interested in coming back for the free Cartel Coins will probably see "You must subscribe before F2P to get your coins" and say "Fuck it, I'm gonna go back to Panda/GW2."

I say this as someone who's still currently playing the game.

Top Bottom