• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Woorloog

Banned
Didn't you already play once before? You get access to your cargo hold and sprint at lvl1 then.

It is a principle. Others do not. Maybe i might make a secondary account for some reason?
And if you wonder why do i care that some do not have access to those, i just care.

IA/Smuggler, really are the best class in the game.
Yup, totally agree. I've played through Powertech and Guardian, even PVP'd on Powertech for the first month of the game. Nothing compares to IA.

Are you in battlemaster? Because the bonus for having full WH gear really is not that huge really
Yeah I am, just got my first WH piece. The stats aren't much of a buff, but there is some mod switching I still need to do to maximize my stats. I could still be pulling better numbers, mostly in power.

vilmer_

Resubbed today to make sure I get my cartel coins. Looks like both my Empire and Repub characters were all placed on the Prophecy of the Five server.

Majority of my names are gone and my guild seems to have completely left the game. Wish I could transfer but looks like I'm stuck here.

Nice to have my legacy together though.

It's an amazing server, you will be quite pleased with the population and people for the most part. There are regular world pvp events scheduled (if you are into that sort of thing) and finding groups for basically any content is readily available.

It's an amazing server, you will be quite pleased with the population and people for the most part. There are regular world pvp events scheduled (if you are into that sort of thing) and finding groups for basically any content is readily available.

Good to hear. Yea I am heavily into PvP, which is why I rolled on a PvP server, but when I played it never seemed to happen other than the level 50 now and then coming to pester lowbies on Tat.

Will probably take me a few days to get back into the swing of the game, Guild Wars 2 has me tied up with the event, but I am looking forward to getting to do some of the instances now that the dungeon finder is in.

Is 12 the new character limit, or is that just what they gave you after the server mergers? Just want to make sure I wont drop to 11 if I delete one for whatever reason.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Good to hear. Yea I am heavily into PvP, which is why I rolled on a PvP server, but when I played it never seemed to happen other than the level 50 now and then coming to pester lowbies on Tat.

Will probably take me a few days to get back into the swing of the game, Guild Wars 2 has me tied up with the event, but I am looking forward to getting to do some of the instances now that the dungeon finder is in.

Is 12 the new character limit, or is that just what they gave you after the server mergers? Just want to make sure I wont drop to 11 if I delete one for whatever reason.

No it's 12. With the mergers it was possible to end up with more than 12 so you'd see like 16/12.

So, decided to give my Powertech some love and catch him up on PVP gear. For the life of me I'm not sure what to spec him with though. I really like tanking, but ST seems useless in PVP, any ideas?

HBroward

We killed the final boss in HM TFB tonight, felt good. I got the offhand from the prior boss, so I put that barrel in my mainhand. My sniper is beastly now, 1348 top end primary damage. Can't wait to kill NiM Pilgrim and see what the buff gets it up to now. And one of our tanks won the pet the last boss drops, it's pretty cool looking, just a miniature of the first boss in there.

Also, the tank mount that drops in NiM EC, do want.

vilmer_

So, decided to give my Powertech some love and catch him up on PVP gear. For the life of me I'm not sure what to spec him with though. I really like tanking, but ST seems useless in PVP, any ideas?

Oh man, go Pyrotech in pvp you are going to piss a lot of people off ;)

Cystm

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bMZMsZfhMbdGGMs.2

Single target rotation:

Incendiary Missile
Rail Shot
Rocket Punch
Thermal Detonator
Flame Burst
Rapid Shots
The key to the Pyrotech spec Powertech priority system is to remember the following:

Maximize Heat regen by staying below 30 Heat as much as possible.
Use Rapid Shots if above 30 Heat and Vent Heat is on cooldown.
Keep the DoT from Incendiary Missile up at all times.
Use Rail Shot on every cooldown.
Use Thermal Detonator after Prototype Particle Accelerator procs.
Follow the priority list and use higher priority abilities as often as possible.

Obviously PvP is going to be dynamic enough to where you cannot at all times stick to it, but it's a good foundation.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bMZMsZfhMbdGGMs.2

Single target rotation:

Incendiary Missile
Rail Shot
Rocket Punch
Thermal Detonator
Flame Burst
Rapid Shots
The key to the Pyrotech spec Powertech priority system is to remember the following:

Maximize Heat regen by staying below 30 Heat as much as possible.
Use Rapid Shots if above 30 Heat and Vent Heat is on cooldown.
Keep the DoT from Incendiary Missile up at all times.
Use Rail Shot on every cooldown.
Use Thermal Detonator after Prototype Particle Accelerator procs.
Follow the priority list and use higher priority abilities as often as possible.

Obviously PvP is going to be dynamic enough to where you cannot at all times stick to it, but it's a good foundation.
I've finally gotten used to the playstyle and the rotations and I'm really enjoying it. Jerking around healers is actually more fun than on Sniper.

Milly79

Since I don't see shock charge or whatever the Pub equivalent on your bars, so I'm assuming you're Sharpshooter.

Never hard cast aim shot, never ever ever ever ever.
Also, Sab charge is a huge waste of energy for a SS. It's great for burst, but yeahhhhh.

Just a few tips.

Cystm

Since I don't see shock charge or whatever the Pub equivalent on your bars, so I'm assuming you're Sharpshooter.

Also, Sab charge is a huge waste of energy for a SS. It's great for burst, but yeahhhhh.

Just a few tips.

Thanks.

At level 40 I think I am at like... 20% crit chance, so yeah getting those procs is not too reliable yet. Definitely when 50 though in BM / WH.

What's your rotation? 50 rotation is still somewhat nebulous to me.

Just a few tips.
Man, I still have a nasty habit of stacking Explosive Probe with Ambush thanks to those awesome Sniper days. If it wasn't for that, I would rarely even throw EP into my rotations. Unless, as you said, for burst.

Sent you a PM Cystm. Forgot to add, you can see what I do rotation wise in there.
Aw, I was gonna post my Sniper rotation to compare. :<

It really becomes very easy to remember. You're just abusing procs really. So just keep track of what's proccing and make good use of your Followthroughs (whatever the SS version is, i dunno..).

I kinda wanna go Engineer, but I know I'll just go back to Marksman after three warzones.

Milly79

Aw, I was gonna post my Sniper rotation to compare. :<

It really becomes very easy to remember. You're just abusing procs really. So just keep track of what's proccing and make good use of your Followthroughs (whatever the SS version is, i dunno..).

I kinda wanna go Engineer, but I know I'll just go back to Marksman after three warzones.

Basically: Snipe > SoS > Volley > SoS, Ambush > Followthrough. That's the jist of it. Sometimes it changes on the fly if I get an instant Ambush proc then I use Snipe > Ambush > FT. Throw in Target Acquired and whatever the instant snipe crit is, I forget. Also Shatter Shot, but that's basically for PvE bosses only or healers/tanks in PvP.

Cystm

Basically: Snipe > SoS > Volley > SoS, Ambush > Followthrough. That's the jist of it. Sometimes it changes on the fly if I get an instant Ambush proc then I use Snipe > Ambush > FT. Throw in Target Acquired and whatever the instant snipe crit is, I forget. Also Shatter Shot, but that's basically for PvE bosses only or healers/tanks in PvP.

Shatter Shot/Flourish Shot is so ridiculously good. Ranged Mortal Strike on a class that can burst or sustain as needed. Really enjoying that class in PvP.

Yeah, this is basically my rotation too. I was often prebuff with Laze Target to get off an early Ambush. Basically, it's all snipe/SoS/followthrough until you get Ambush buffed. Throw in EP if you ever need that extra burst. I often go in and out of cover a lot as well to abuse Snipe/Dampers.

zugzug

If they would just add solo ranked queueing, it would be better.

THIS! I was so sure that when WoW accounced rated BGs that they meant for solo ranked queuing as well. ooooo the rage that ensued for me not reading it clearly. By the time anyone else announces rated BGs I just ignore and not even read announcements.

Cystm

They are on the right path with these kinds of updates. They just have to stay consistent with them.

6zQxD.jpg

UltraMav

Ah, was just wondering if they made it a bit more "special." Gonna be kind of immersion breaking if every other person on the fleet is running around with one, although I suppose no more so than every other person running around with the same companion as me. :p

Ah, was just wondering if they made it a bit more "special." Gonna be kind of immersion breaking if every other person on the fleet is running around with one, although I suppose no more so than every other person running around with the same companion as me. :p

Believe its one of the more rare items in the cartel packs along with the white crystals, but with enough money being tossed at the cartel packs, it's eventually going to happen.

Alur

Yep, I'm sure over the months it'll become a lot more common, but I'm hopeful that they'll continue adding new carrots like that for us to chase. I have no qualms about spending some dough on some cosmetics as long as they keep adding them.

Milly79

Made my way over to the test server. Had like 9k coins? Somehow. Thought they gave out much less to test with. So many dupes. I'm assuming there's a bunch of stuff missing out of the packs atm?

Best thing I got was:

Which was actually, awesome. :p

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I guess we'll get Yoda in the next Kingdom Hearts game.

Cystm

Fucking Megaton. This could be what the franchise needs, or you know, not.

I like the prospect of ILM working on Marvel stuff or something like a Pixar Star Wars movie.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Yea its good and bad. If your into the EU material (which includes kotor, tor, books, etc), this could mean the end of that.

One thing you can say about Lucas was that he was very nice about fan made stuff. I think you were even allowed to use music, sound effects and stuff. Somehow I don't see Disney being so gracious but we'll see.

HBroward

It was really funny, I had the day off work, and when that came across the bloomberg ticker I posted about it in general chat and got laughed at as a troll. Can't really blame them for not believing.

Alur

It was really funny, I had the day off work, and when that came across the bloomberg ticker I posted about it in general chat and got laughed at as a troll. Can't really blame them for not believing.

I thought gen chat was trolling as well.

I'm glad we're gonna see more movies. I don't have the same fondness for the originals as others because I actually saw them in Lucas' "intended" order from Episode I on (ie: the newest before the oldest)...so I'm all for whatever. Just more story plzkthx.

Alur

I like it, looks like you did a shit ton of work. Only thing I don't see in it is straight F2P info such as things that are/will be restricted, but I dunno if that's even necessary.

Top Bottom