• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

All of these outfits are reskins that can be used by any class/factions, so they do have increased functionality (think Stormtrooper Luke/Han). I'm expecting a grey version of the republic officer set and a red/black version or white of the Imp trooper outfit next.

I would love alternate colors of the imperial troopers since theres many in the game like the winter and red troopers. Or the Malgus loyal troop colors

Alur

All of these outfits are reskins that can be used by any class/factions, so they do have increased functionality (think Stormtrooper Luke/Han). I'm expecting a grey version of the republic officer set and a red/black version or white of the Imp trooper outfit next.

They put one of those Imp trooper sets on the Cartel Market it'll sell. Everyone loves that one from the CE, it's just not usable on the rep side. A white one would be awesome for me. The rep officer version is...well, it's not quite the same.

I like the new set, but is it actually a reskin of the imperial pilot suit? It might be fairly popular if so, cause I know some folks who wanted the set but didn't wanna grind out the ridiculous amount of fleet comms to get it.

EDIT: FWIW, I'd fork a ridiculous sum for a legacy lightsaber so I could xfer my weapons.

They put one of those Imp trooper sets on the Cartel Market it'll sell. Everyone loves that one from the CE, it's just not usable on the rep side. A white one would be awesome for me. The rep officer version is...well, it's not quite the same.

I like the new set, but is it actually a reskin of the imperial pilot suit? It might be fairly popular if so, cause I know some folks who wanted the set but didn't wanna grind out the ridiculous amount of fleet comms to get it.

EDIT: FWIW, I'd fork a ridiculous sum for a legacy lightsaber so I could xfer my weapons.

Yea it's a reskin of the imperial flight suit, which is odd and I suppose won't stop them from putting the other imp/pub uniforms up for cross faction wear? They should at least keep some elements faction exclusive like the inconography and the helmets. Pubs with the imp trooper helms? Don't care for that idea

Cystm

Reposting this in-case any F2Play players missed it:

Jeff Hickman said:
Hi everyone,

On November 15th we launched one of the biggest initiatives in our game since we opened the doors back in December of last year. Our new Free-to-Play option has allowed for many brand new and returning players to check out the changes that we’ve made to the game over the past year.

One of the most important things to us is to hear player feedback on their game experience. Our community team truly has an ear to the ground with community concerns and discussions and we often make changes based on player feedback.

When Game Update 1.5 hit Public Test Server (PTS), we listened to your concerns and we increased Quickbars from one to two for Free-to-Play Players, increased Warzones from three to five per week, and reduced the temporary bind on Cartel Market items.

We want you to know that this is an ongoing dialogue.

Recently, we’ve seen your feedback on some of the other aspects of our Free-to-Play option and once again, we are working to improve the experience for all of our players.

Starting today, Preferred Status Players will see an increase to their default Quickbars from two (2) to four (4). If you’ve already purchased additional Quickbars, don’t worry: we will be refunding your Cartel Coins for any Quickbar-related purchase.

Additionally, in an upcoming patch (no exact date yet, but players won’t have to wait long), Preferred Status Players will be given four (4) additional character slots, which means that they will have a total of six character slots. As always, Free-to-Play Players can reach Preferred Status simply by purchasing anything from our online store or purchasing a physical copy of the game.

Last but not least, I wanted to share the news that the 50 character limit on Global Active Characters for Subscribers will be removed and increased substantially in the same, aforementioned patch. If you wanted to, you can truly create your own army of Troopers or a legion of Sith Warriors.

Your feedback is critical to the success of TOR, and of special interest to us. Please, keep posting on the forums, Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit.

Even if we can’t respond to every post, know that we’re listening and looking to enhance The Old Republic gameplay experience based on player feedback.

Thank you for reading,

Jeff Hickman
Executive Producer

Ashodin

So, is there a GAF guild? I got a sub and can't find a good server.

Most GAFers I think are on Jedi Covenant, a couple of us (like.. three) play on The Harbinger as well (on empire side).

I play Republic on Jedi Covenant with my Jedi Sentinel.

Made 8 characters, one of each class. Now I'm just creating different races.

I'll likely never get to playing all of them but it's nice to have.

Alur

APeckenpaugh said:
We're currently undergoing a lot of class rebalance for a future major patch, so it's an understatement to say that things aren't locked down yet. However, the problem with Backlash (Lightning's incapacitate on Static Barrier) is mostly that it can be applied to any target, making an entire team of allies stun-bubbled. Since this is such great utility for the Lightning Sorcerer, we don't want to change the effect of Backlash, but we are considering making the Backlash effect only apply to the original caster - so you only get a Backlash when you put your Static Barrier on yourself.

Sorcerers/Sages am cry. Melee deeps rejoice.

I go back to playing my operative?

I knew the stun bubble was too good to be true, but I don't feel it is that broken that they must basically kill the spec. I figured they would change it back to where the stun breaks on damage, which is how it should be, instead of a hard stun...but alas.

Hopefully they give us another tool to make up for going back to being super squishy again. The bubble + overload root has been the shining light in sorc healing survivability, without it say goodbye to ranked PVP spots again vs operative/merc heals ala 1.3 =/.

Wallach

Hopefully they give us another tool to make up for going back to being super squishy again. The bubble + overload root has been the shining light in sorc healing survivability, without it say goodbye to ranked PVP spots again vs operative/merc heals ala 1.3 =/.

I'm not sure I understand how you are any squishier if you still always get the stun.

Alur

I'm not sure I understand how you are any squishier if you still always get the stun.

I am squishier because if the only benefit is me getting the stun, I'm better off speccing full heals and doing 200-250k more heals a game.

EDIT: To clarify...if I cannot help my team with the spec, I'm better off helping them with more heals. This will cause me to die more often, but my healing output will increase. Anyone standing in the circle adds a ridiculous amount of healing in a full game. 800 HP a tick isn't keep folks alive against real pressure however. It's also not helping us capture nodes or defend them that much better. It does add up, but what ability do you use regularly as a DPS that does less than 1k damage? It's basically a stat builder that is useful against unorganized teams in keeping your team topped off, but not gonna be nearly as useful against real competition.

So basically, my full heal spec isn't that great and I die more often...or my gimmick spec is only useful for me now and I put out less heals than good fully spec'd healers of other class types. Why choose me, again?

Zafir

I knew the stun bubble was too good to be true, but I don't feel it is that broken that they must basically kill the spec. I figured they would change it back to where the stun breaks on damage, which is how it should be, instead of a hard stun...but alas.

Where did you get that quote from? Did they mention any other class balancing?

I have both a Smash Jugg and a Bubblepop sorc, and honestly both bubblepop and smash is overpowered. On the other hand, my merc feels so ridiculously useless that I barely touch him.

Heysoos

Noooooo. My poor Sage. :(

Alur

Where did you get that quote from? Did they mention any other class balancing?

I have both a Smash Jugg and a Bubblepop sorc, and honestly both bubblepop and smash is overpowered. On the other hand, my merc feels so ridiculously useless that I barely touch him.

It was on the sorc forums, and yes I feel they are both out of control - though I find smash a bit more overbearing than bubble spec, which is mainly just annoying.

My point is that Backlash should be changed to affect resolve more, or the stun broken by damage, or even make it unclickable by the non-casters it's used on as well so it's not a stun on command. Removing it from EVERYONE but the sorc, however, effectively kills the spec and it won't be used going forward by healers.

And yes, Heysoos. :(

HBroward

Nightmare mode Minefield is working as intended.

Hey folks, I spoke to designers Toby McCall and Jesse Sky and this is what they had to say about this:

When Nightmare Mode was released, Overload had no activation time, but its ballistic component was not working (which meant Overload could be completely ignored). We corrected this in the patch. In Nightmare Mode, the optimal path will always appear on either the left or the right wall, so a wall will always be available for tanking the demolitions probes.

Probably gonna take a couple tries this week!

daoster

Anybody have this happen to them before?

I just logged on to my Shadow last night for the first time since I've started playing the game again...and he's stuck on the Republic Fleet. I'm level 25 and my class story says I should be going to Nar Shadda...okay, fair enough...but I also have an old Class Story that's for level 16, and it says I should be going to the Jedi Temple (presumably on Coruscant).

Now whenever I try to enter the Consular hanger, it says I can't enter it...maybe because it thinks I don't have a ship yet (but I can see my droid companion when I bring up the Companion skills...).

I've sent a ticket in, but given how people on this topic say CS tickets have been slow, I wonder if this is something I should just call in and bitch about.

Milly79

You have to finish Coruscant before you get your ship. Just take the Coruscant departures elevator from the fleet and you should be able to progress that way.

daoster

You have to finish Coruscant before you get your ship. Just take the Coruscant departures elevator from the fleet and you should be able to progress that way.

But I'm pretty sure I've finished Coruscant on my Shadow already...in fact, I vaguely remember even visiting Nar Shadda already with my Shadow around the same time my BH was in Nar Shadda.

Also, like I said, I can already access the ship droid when I bring up the companion skills, so I shouldn't be able to see him already if I don't have a ship right?

I'll try re-visiting Coruscant later tonite, but I don't know why I'd over look a level 16 class mission, when I'm already level 25.

HBroward

But I'm pretty sure I've finished Coruscant on my Shadow already...in fact, I vaguely remember even visiting Nar Shadda already with my Shadow around the same time my BH was in Nar Shadda.

Also, like I said, I can already access the ship droid when I bring up the companion skills, so I shouldn't be able to see him already if I don't have a ship right?

I'll try re-visiting Coruscant later tonite, but I don't know why I'd over look a level 16 class mission, when I'm already level 25.

There was a glitch someone else had experienced that sounds identical to your issue. It basically put him back into a free trial account that was locked 1-15 levelwise, and that caused that quest to unflag as finished. You should be able to complete it and still progress back to where you were before. At least I think it worked for that guy.

My friend told me today that you can create augment slots on any piece of equipment with a single item. I said what?

Then he said it came out in 1.3.

How the flying fuck did I go this long without ever knowing about this? HOLY SHIT was I gimping my stats...

Let's just say I had a huge upgrade in my PVP gear today. :X I have nearly full War Hero too...

Rokal

Additionally, in an upcoming patch (no exact date yet, but players won’t have to wait long), Preferred Status Players will be given four (4) additional character slots, which means that they will have a total of six character slots.

This can't come fast enough. I convinced a friend that F2P would be worth trying out after they removed the quickbar limit. I knew about the 2-character limit so I realized I might have to delete my level 20 Sith War on my server to roll a character with my friend, but when I went to create a new character I was told I had to delete 5 characters just to create a new one. It wasn't two per server, it was two total. With no way to get more character slots short of subscribing.

Now I get to tell my friend "whoops, sorry! We'll have to wait an undetermined number of weeks before we start playing." The state this F2P model launched in is just infuriating. What a bunch of oblivious/greedy assholes.

kmz

Neo Member
Damn. Really want to try that new warzone but that almost certainly means my sniper and scoundrel (both in their 20s still) will have to forgo the nice PVP 2-set bonus for PVE.

Alur

1.6 on Tuesday yay! Assume we might be seeing the new cartel packs then too?

1.6 on December 11th!

Damn, beat by a matter of seconds.

This is awesome. A full week earlier than the earliest I would've anticipated...though I guess they did say they were gonna take a holiday break, so only makes sense that they want to get it out and any lingering bugs squashed before Christmas.

Only sad part is none of my alts made it to 50 before the War Hero cost reduction...ah well. At least I'm almost maxed on comms on my sorc.

Heysoos

This is awesome. A full week earlier than the earliest I would've anticipated...though I guess they did say they were gonna take a holiday break, so only makes sense that they want to get it out and any lingering bugs squashed before Christmas.

Only sad part is none of my alts made it to 50 before the War Hero cost reduction...ah well. At least I'm almost maxed on comms on my sorc.

I was holding off finishing leveling my slinger. Felt like I was screwing myself over by getting to 50 at this point. Glad I did though.

Cystm

I... Did not wait on my slinger.

I am getting shit on in the crappy blue recruit gear. I should have waited.

Leveling a Jugg to play with Imp Gaf, now, anyway.

Wallach

So now I have a dilemma... do I level my Juggernaut the last 3 levels to 50 and buy the BM before it gets removed forever (at least the belt/bracer I'd need to complete the set visually), or wait until Tuesday to make sure I get the Tionese crystal package for my PvE tanking stuff?

Anyone know if the Tionese crystals are getting mailed to all 50s? I'm worried that if I hit 50 before the patch I won't get them. It wouldn't matter if Bioware would just put the fucking belt/bracers in the schematics boxes, but apparently they're not important enough for that somehow.

SRTtoZ

So I finally got my Sentinel to 50 and have been grinding FPs and commendations for the past week. Finally have epics in all slots with 2pc Tionese and a few Columi (implants/earpiece etc). Feels good to be doing the end game thing and I finally stopped looking like a newb with that awful plain robe I was wearing. I also have been working on a scoundrel healer and I must say, what a fun class so far (lvl 18). I dont care what anyone says, I love this game.

Top Bottom