• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield - Official Gameplay Trailer Reveal (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilty_AI

So I just thought about somthing, are you telling me this is SP only? There was no mention of online, co op, etc. Or is this going to be a feature a year later so you can keep paying for a service you will only use for this game?
You can just buy the game normally instead of keep paying for said service you know

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So I just thought about somthing, are you telling me this is SP only? There was no mention of online, co op, etc. Or is this going to be a feature a year later so you can keep paying for a service you will only use for this game?
Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind didnt have MP.
No reason this game should have MP.

Vognerful

V7f9VWJ.png

i miss you queue GIF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man, the amount of environmental diversity in the footage was AMAZING.

I can easily believe when Bethesda says this is their most ambitious game yet.

And a fully customizable space module with combat.

This game is going to be NUTS.

1gok5u.png

2bwjb2.png

35yk5a.png

49ejft.png

5fakjw.png

untitledf6jqx.png

Looks like Fallout 4 in space, with base/ship building, the same janky combat and slightly improved graphics.
It still looks very much like the same Fallout engine though and it will probably play the same.

Here's to hoping that exploration will be enjoyable and not just 990 empty planets for mining and a handful of handcrafted places to check out.
Didn't look very polished.

Would have been amazing if this were multiplayer though. Missed opportunity right there!

Last edited:

Stuart360

So you dont think your bias is blinding you to what you've actually seen now? Try to look at it objectively, as if bethesda didn't make this game, and it was some other dev you dont know.
Jesus, sorry i was impressed by what i saw. I'm not the only one.
Like i said, i was honestly expecting Skyrim/Fallout gameply, in space with a graphics upgrade. What this deep dive showed was way more.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Explore 1,000s of completely barren planets to pick up something for someone living in a great looking outpost. Rinse, repeat. On the up side I thought the voice acting sounded pretty good and I like the art style to a degree.

I mean, they all but admitted most of them were going to be empty, and just there for "resource farming." Which is fine. They also noted that a subset are going to be "Goldilocks" worlds and then the more bespoke worlds like Jemison.

As long as the main worlds are interesting to explore (I doubt they are going to have dense planets like Earth) with an increase in content density from SKYRIM and FO4, I think it's fine to have some rinky dink planets that are just there for resource grinding - just like the hundreds of random caves, mines and whatnot from SKYRIM and FO4.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Man, the amount of environmental diversity in the footage was AMAZING.

I can easily believe when Bethesda says this is their most ambitious game yet.

And a fully customizable space module with combat.

This game is going to be NUTS.

1gok5u.png

5fakjw.png
These two shots are my first true next gen moment from a MS or Sony first party game. Just wow. The draw distance, the lighitng, and the asset quality of those rocks are just phenomenal.

Stuart360

I mean, they all but admitted most of them were going to be empty, and just there for "resource farming." Which is fine. They also noted that a subset are going to be "Goldilocks" worlds and then the more bespoke worlds like Jemison.

As long as the main worlds are interesting to explore (I doubt they are going to have dense planets like Earth) with an increase in content density from SKYRIM and FO4, I think it's fine to have some rinky dink planets that are just there for resource grinding - just like the hundreds of random caves, mines and whatnot from SKYRIM and FO4.
I'm sure there will be odd settlemnts, or collectables to find on these planets. Maybe alien artifacts etc.
But yeah most of them will be used for resource gathering.

ZehDon

Loved it. Game of the show, and easily my most anticipated title right now. Watch the 4k version of YouTube - game looks outstanding.

A few things that really stood out to me:
  • Sound design is really good. Everything sounds so tangible, so functional.
  • Creation Engine still can't do hair and eyes right.
  • The look of the world and combat reminds me of the early Destiny footage in all the right ways.
  • Textures and materials are a huge step up from Fallout 4.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Can't wait to go deep on this. Watching the 4K walkthrough now, looks fantastic. Fallout / Elder Scrolls / No man's sky all mashed together? Yes please.
Don't forget Epic.

Game looks amazing. Looks like the sum of it's parts may make this a classic.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Floating health bars and center-screen XP popups :lollipop_pensive:
Cities! :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:
I hope there are tons of small physics objects. I wanna see the lush planets and wet planets!

Last edited:

Stuart360

I cant help but notice they never once showed you actually taking off or landing the ship on a planet yourself
Well you must be able to land and take off when they said you can explore them 1000 planets.
I mean my expectations for this game that there wouldnt veen be flying in this, and that it would be a cutscene, Mass Effect style.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So just coz it has crafting and resources building its no mans sky and space travelling, doesn't mean its no mans sky lool

You never played Bethesda rpg? It has story, dialogues, quests. Full on campaign with characters n all.
From what I've played of No Man's Sky, there's a lot of "land on this planet, scan for and harvest raw materials, investigate mostly empty space" and this seems to tick all of those boxes.

I've played literally every Bethesda RPG. I know what I'm in for here.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
To be fair, that looks pretty good. The environments look stunning. Great job.
Here’s hoping they’ve polished up the animation systems and squashed the majority of the bugs.

kikkis

I don't even mind the lack of feedback from guns, but I just don't think hit scan weapons work well without full heath regen.

Jadsey

I think the game looks waaaay better than I expected. I am genuinely hyped to play it now.

However, it's also the sort of game that call ultimately fall flat with the weight of expectation. Todd said that it had 1000 fully exportable planets where you can land anywhere...better not be bullshitting about this.

I am keeping everything crossed that they really nail it....could be amazing.

ps anyone claiming already that Starfield is 'Game of the Generation', needs to take his clown shoes off, do their homework and go up stairs for sleepy bye-byes.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So, the little snippet of flight combat we saw in the footage looked pretty ok. Nothing super extra ordinary but it looked like any modern space combat game (eg that recent Star Wars one).

If that is the extent of the "bad" flight, then that's nothing at all ...

Mephisto40

Well you must be able to land and take off when they said you can explore them 1000 planets.
I mean my expectations for this game that there wouldnt veen be flying in this, and that it would be a cutscene, Mass Effect style.
It is going to be a cutscene for when the ship lands and takes off, I wouldn't expect being able to do this yourself tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom