• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The discount gets applied twice. It used to happen during major sales at least once or twice, but last summer sale there weren't any. This is the first time I've seen one go to 99% off though, and usually they get fixed within ten minutes or so.
I think you are forgetting about Valiant Hearts :p

Unless it didn't happen during the sale. Can't remember the dates.

MUnited83

For you.
Tropico 4 CB is the 5th best selling game atm. Which is mindblowing when you consider that the best selling list is in order of revenue and not units!

zkylon

zkylewd
39c is more than i was ever gonna pay for tropico so i guess it's better than nothing for them

don't hate the series or anything but i'm not a big fan of city sims

now to idle master my money back lol

Anteater

Just finished Lili child of geos

The game is pretty short and it's a mobile port with pretty awesome visuals, through out the game you go around collecting shit to progress, I think the game would be decent for kids, although the story isn't anything interesting.

The core gameplay is based on chasing after enemies, jump on them and start a mini game of picking flowers off them, it's similar to QTE, so you just press the correct buttons to win, pressing the wrong buttons will punish you and your score will suffer, but it's still a bit simplistic. There are items to help you with it like stealth for sneaking up on them, and other stuff I didn't bother with, but they're not really necessary as the game is quite easy on default.

You unlock areas as you go and pretty much everything in the game is based on collecting stuff, filling up the bars, upgrading things that really don't matter. If you're bored I think it's quite cool to go through for the visuals, for a few dollars it's not so bad.

Dr Dogg

Well, afaik, in this kind of errors, assuming it's on Valve's part, it's Valve that takes the loss and gives the equivalent of the "true" discount.
Of course, I'm just speculating.

Ah right, that would make some sort of sense. Although it's a hard one to predict. Say for example the game didn't have a pricing error and went up at 85% off instead of 99% would the same amount of people buy a bazillion copies to give away to everyone? I somehow doubt it but I'm sure there is something in their agreement about liability for errors and what would happen in the event of this situation. End of the day though I'm sure someone at Kalypso will be saying kerching! It might only be 30-40 pence/cents but they soon add up in volume.

Anyone can guess what game the next Ghostlight game for Steam could be:

Just to remind you all, the game in question is an action title that was originally released on console in Japan, so we’re getting busy with the process of converting the title over to PC for an upcoming release on Steam.

MUnited83

For you.
Ah right, that would make some sort of sense. Although it's a hard one to predict. Say for example the game didn't have a pricing error and went up at 85% off instead of 99% would the same amount of people bought a bazillion copies to give away to everyone? I somehow doubt it but I'm sure there is something in their agreement about liability for errors and what would happen in the event of this situation. End of the day though I'm sure someone at Kalypso will be saying kerching! It might only be 30-40 pence/cents but they soon add up in volume.

Yep it does. Case in point, my post above :p

Tropico 4 CB is the 5th best selling game atm. Which is mindblowing when you consider that the best selling list is in order of revenue and not units!

Fracas

#fuckonami
I bought like 6 copies for some people on my friends list that had it in their wishlist. Now I can't buy anything. Weeeelp

yuraya

Isn't this the second time Tropico gets price error this year? iirc Tropico 5 was going dirt cheap in Russia Uplay as well before release. Sucks for the devs.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That wasn't an error with a discount, it was the person that put the russian price that misplaced a comma :p
My bad then. Still, that person was truly a hero!

Nope they didn't :p The licenses are still on your account, they just don't count for the game count anymore :p
Damn, just yesterday I went through the trouble of removing each and every one of those licenses so I could get to 1000 games in a "legit" way. All that effort became meaningless now.

PriitV

Calypso is making mad bank off Tropico 4 now as Steam top seller list is based on unitsSold*price to get the ranking.
BLjYXV3.png

Just woke up, i literally rolled out of bed, looked at this thread, and scrambled. Doesn't seem like its a price error, but i will never argue with 39 cents, especially when it comes with cards.

EDIT: Oh snap, got a Freedom Planet booster pack too, everything is coming up Milhouse!

The_Monk

I guess I just checked GAF in the best time my good fellow GAFfers. I added just one copy of Tropico 4 to my Inventory. Going to redeem it right now, can't believe I got this as soon as I came to check some news with you all. :)

It's still been more than a month since the last time I played a Steam game. Still have to play the games I mentioned the last time... I see a different icon on the tray in my Start Bar, looks nice. Also Steam does look different. I like it. Any more changes or different colour schemes? Sorry if this is really old, it's new to me.

Also, can anyone please tell me the Status of Beta Access regarding some games? If I uninstall them can I install these later on? Also, will they be gone after the game is officially released? I'm talking about the following games on my list:

- Calibre 10 Racing Series
- Chess the Gathering
- Defense Grid 2

Thanks in advance, hope y'all are doing fine. As always if anyone needs anything feel free to PM me as my time has been limited lately.

MayMay

Banned
By the way, not sure if its known but a few days ago there was a script for Chrome here that added 120ish free Steamgames to your account - not working anymore. Got my count to 500 but its back to 394 ._.

Backlogger

Calypso is making mad bank off Tropico 4 now as Steam top seller list is based on unitsSold*price to get the ranking.
BLjYXV3.png

Most units being bought by traders no doubt

By the way, not sure if its known but a few days ago there was a script for Chrome that added 120ish free Steamgames to your account - not working anymore. Got my count to 500 but its back to 394 ._.

I manually added 20 or so free games last week and the same thing happened to me. Back down to under 1000

MadGear

I'm currently looking at the Nuuvem Deals for Castlevania. Is LoS2 really region locked as someone mentioned yesterday? If i read the info on steamdb right it is only trading and purchasing restricted, so i guess there shouldnt be an issue with activating it outside of NA?

I guess I just checked GAF in the best time my good fellow GAFfers. I added just one copy of Tropico 4 to my Inventory. Going to redeem it right now, can't believe I got this as soon as I came to check some news with you all. :)

It's still been more than a month since the last time I played a Steam game. Still have to play the games I mentioned the last time... I see a different icon on the tray in my Start Bar, looks nice. Also Steam does look different. I like it. Any more changes or different colour schemes? Sorry if this is really old, it's new to me.

Also, can anyone please tell me the Status of Beta Access regarding some games? If I uninstall them can I install these later on? Also, will they be gone after the game is officially released? I'm talking about the following games on my list:

- Calibre 10 Racing Series
- Chess the Gathering
- Defense Grid 2

Thanks in advance, hope y'all are doing fine. As always if anyone needs anything feel free to PM me as my time has been limited lately.

Hi, Monk! It's been a while. How are you doing?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

A bit's changed, mainly a lot of improvements to the client's overall performance. The biggest change, in my opinion, is being able to hide games in your library. They're still visible under your account, but not in the library, so that's nice. There's also the ability to assign a game to more than one category at a time now as well.

There are more details about the recent changes here if you have time to read them.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Had 26 cents in my steam wallet, had few cards in my inventory and put them to sale... too late it seems though, damn.

Lomax

I think you are forgetting about Valiant Hearts :p

Unless it didn't happen during the sale. Can't remember the dates.

Valiant Hearts wasn't a double stack discount, it was set at the wrong price in that region. Looking at the numbers of this Tropico price, it doesn't look like a double stack discount either, and it seemed to last exactly one hour, so I almost wonder if it was on purpose.

It made it all the way up to #2, they probably made more money at 39 cents than they would have at $6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom