• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeD

you pretty much know what to expect with steam, but i must say, i'm a little disappointed in amazon so far. probably because i already owned batman

cicero

Ubi responded to my ticket about Anno 1404, King Kong and Tintin (quickly, too -- I sent it just 7.5 hours ago), stating that, as per my wish, the enquiries have been forwarded to the relevant channels. I'm not going to get my hopes up but if they appear on Steam in the near future (or, in the case of Anno, reappear), you know who to thank. :p

I still have Dawn of Discovery on my Steam wishlist from back when Gaben was giving away numerous free games based on what was on your wishlist, or the ultimate prize of the entire Steam library to one lucky person.

Zeknurn

Ubi responded to my ticket about Anno 1404, King Kong and Tintin (quickly, too -- I sent it just 7.5 hours ago), stating that, as per my wish, the enquiries have been forwarded to the relevant channels. I'm not going to get my hopes up but if they appear on Steam in the near future (or, in the case of Anno, reappear), you know who to thank. :p

We would have probably seen Anno 1404 reappear ages ago if they had any intentions of putting it back on Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I still have Dawn of Discovery on my Steam wishlist from back when Gaben was giving away numerous free games based on what was on your wishlist, or the ultimate prize of the entire Steam library to one lucky person.

Valve did accommodate listings for pulled games, at least to some degree. Somebody here won Crysis 2, IIRC.

We would have probably seen Anno 1404 reappear ages ago if they had any intentions of putting it back on Steam.

I agree, but given the nature of the ticket Anno was a related topic so I figured it couldn't hurt to include it. Also, The_Monk would have yelled at me if I didn't. :p

Phinor

EA will never devalue their IPs by doing discounts!

While they are somewhat trying to rid themselves of the worst company in America tag, I think they are doing it at the cost of the rest of the world. EU Origin has BF4 for 40% off which leaves it at around $49. No discount coupons for that one, obviously.

Turfster

While they are somewhat trying to rid themselves of the worst company in America tag, I think they are doing it at the cost of the rest of the world. EU Origin has BF4 for 40% off which leaves it at around $49. No discount coupons for that one, obviously.
Wait, wait, wait, Origin finally has discounts in Europe?
Holy shit, you're right, we're getting up to 60% off on the oldest games!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Not true!

I've never even installed Origin on my pc and I've already trashed every Origin key from Humble Bundle to ModBot, so in fact the true traitors are those who won those keys! Shame on them!

Hey, at least Origin is better than Uplay. I loved having to download a patch for AssCreed 3 each time I loaded it up for the first 6 times. By the seventh time I played, it was actually fully patched! Neat.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR I HAVE MORE GAMES THAN I CAN PLAY IN A YEAR

image.php

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Tempting, but I'll just wait for the "GOTY" edition next year.

Games with so much DLC always gets me to just wait to buy a game, especially if it's a franchise with history on having GOTY editions.
Going to do the same. I'm still having fun with extra stuff in City and l also have to do another run of Asylum for the Steam achievements, so no hurry for me.

Copons

Hey, at least Origin is better than Uplay. I loved having to download a patch for AssCreed 3 each time I loaded it up for the first 6 times. By the seventh time I played, it was actually fully patched! Neat.

Eh, but Origin too has its perks.
I had a hint of that excellent userfriendliness while helping my gf setting up Sims 3 and activating a couple of DLCs.
Holy shit, if that nightmare is what is supposed to be their most casual game, I can't even begin to imagine how they handle stuff like I dunno Crysis... :'(

EDIT: also, I used uPlay for From Dust only, and it worked just fine - or at least, I didn't need anything from it except log in and launch the game...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So just FYI. I uploaded a new Firefox version of Enhanced Steam (4.4.1) which adds homepage highlighting during the sale. Anyway, it hasn't been reviewed yet and most likely won't be for AT LEAST a couple of days and may not even be reviewed before the sale ends.

If you want to grab it and install it manually you can do so by going here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom