• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Bored? Here's something to ease the pain of no new deals for five more hours.
The Wolf Among Us raffle
Woah! Thanks man!
I know what i'll be doing tonight. Gone Home can wait. :D

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Any impressions on LEGO Marvel Superheroes? I love LEGO games and Marvel. Was thinking of playing it right away after I finish Zelda on the 3DS
on the last dungeon

Just wondering if it's a good LEGO game

I'm not crazy about the other LEGO games, but I love LEGO Marvel. Being able to fly all over New York is awesome, the amount of characters is overwhelming, and the use of the IP is great.

Grief.exe

Is Dark Souls going to remove the games for windows? If not how will that affect the game?

Worst case scenario they do not patch it out.

You will still be able to play your game, either through a Microsoft client patch to disable authentication, offline profile, crack, or mod.

Online play will cease to function in its current form after July.

Complete GTA pack for $10? Sounds good but... is it a good time for buying that?

It's just I've heard GTA IV still have that GFWL DRM, and I was wondering if Rockstar has plans to patch it... or, if not, will I be able to play the single player part just fine?

Haven't heard anything yet.

BLunted

Banned
Do note that for this sale, the "only buy non-Daily/Flash deals on the last day" rule does not apply. The Christmas Sale starts December 19th, a little over two weeks after the end of this sale.

Seriously? Surprised they would have 2 sales so close to each other.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not crazy about the other LEGO games, but I love LEGO Marvel. Being able to fly all over New York is awesome, the amount of characters is overwhelming, and the use of the IP is great.

Sounds awesome, thanks!

gabbo

So, while I will wait for the dailies, does DLC ever get one of the spots/is it likely to get a spot?
My brother is looking for Brigmore Witches, so I'd like to know if 33% is as low as it'll go.

So, while I will wait for the dailies, does DLC ever get one of the spots/is it likely to get a spot?
My brother is looking for Brigmore Witches, so I'd like to know if 33% is as low as it'll go.

DLC normally gets a higher discount if the base game is featured.

Okay, quick guys. Outlast or Antichamber? Or both, or neither?

AKA, which one is going to show up in a humble bundle sooner and make me regret adding this to my backlog?

Wait til Dishonored is a Daily/Flash deal, and the DLC will likely be discounted too. I'm also hoping to grab the two campaign DLCs :)

Guess I'll play Sonic Generations until the next Daily Deal happens. Depending if it matches the Amazon deals or not, will decide if I put my $40 into my Amazon wallet or Steam wallet.

Those Amazon deals are outrageous, while the Steam deals are pretty meh at the moment.

Also if anyone knows the answer to my GMG question then plz let me know. A free game always interests me.

AKA, which one is going to show up in a humble bundle sooner and make me regret adding this to my backlog?

Antichamber is older, so probably that first. I think the days of awesome games in Humble Indie Bundles might be over though...too many people buying tons of keys at $1 and reselling them later :(

EDIT: that said, both games are pretty cheap and well worth it at their discounted price!

Anteater

Does bioshock infinite take place mostly outdoor? I kind of want a shooter with bigger open maps.

Going to wait and see what steam has and might pick up infinite on gmg.

Grief.exe

Does bioshock infinite take place mostly outdoor? I kind of want a shooter with bigger open maps.

Infinite is pretty linear, they have some open maps, but by the time you reach them you are bored with the combat.

Some of these questions are freaking absurd.

Honestly, I just wanna know which one people think is better if I'm going to only play one in the near future.

And you can't say I'm crazy about the bundle stuff...I almost gaurantee one if not both of these will show up in a bundle within the next 6-12 months.

Decado

Trials: Evolution Gold - Were the performance issues fixed? Worth getting? Have been holding off and just saw the flash sale. Don't really want to buy on XBLA since I want to get rid of my Xbox.

It does, but what I've played of it was pretty linear. It's not Crysis, more like a continuously shifting series of combat arenas.

Mostly outdoors but hardly open world. You can retrace your steps back through significant parts of the game though. But there are only a few times where you would even need to do that.

I loved the game. Gunplay is much improved over the previous games and the setting is fantastic. Probably wont find it cheaper than $10 for awhile.

Madridy

I have $30 credit to any 2k games from pre-ordering Bioshock Infinite from Amazon, Does anyone know when it is supposed to expire?

Seanspeed

Banned

Yes, mostly outdoor. Its not 'big open maps', though. You have a large, wide vista usually available to you, but its not immediately accessible at all.

The game consists of lots of smaller, floating islands, so if you want something like Crysis, its probably not what you're looking for. But I still found exploring around pretty fun and its far from a linear, corridor shooter, either.

Honestly, I just wanna know which one people think is better if I'm going to only play one in the near future.

And you can't say I'm crazy about the bundle stuff...I almost gaurantee one if not both of these will show up in a bundle within the next 6-12 months.

To be fair, you basically just asked whether oranges are better than apples, and which are most likely to be sold by that old Russian lady down the hall from her fruit cart.

Papytendo

Just making sure, I'm not the first to see this at the bottom of the main Steam page. Right?
rYemEmU.jpg

Papytendo

Damn, I guess I see we have some Origin haters in this thread (or you know, these keys hit a major saturation point). Oh well. I guess I have to give out some Steam keys to butter them up first.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-8C95C072FE1876E0 - Taken by Nymphae
F.E.A.R. -- MB-7A8DAF063760EF8A - Taken by AScotAbroad
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-6142C24CA30E9239 - Taken by Prophane33
Guardians of Middle-Earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-6BCD50B292A6CB31 - Taken by Belgarion
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-A263EB868363B227 - Taken by masterkajo
Batman -- MB-6175354EA45A3FE4 - Taken by Syphon Filter
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-C025666DEB738D36 - Taken by faceless007
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-A5E02DD22E9E813C - Taken by angular graphics
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-138F5EC3F1CD96CA - Taken by ref
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit -- MB-0520A30B3B971BDC - Taken by erila
Mystery Game #1 is Guardians of Middle-Earth and Batman is Batman Arkham City GOTY.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 ORIGIN keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- MB-BD1C1239D10C4B76
Mirror's Edge -- MB-5B2F055408615A2C
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-94079B04A82A294F
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-F83D97F04CB46BFB
Medal of Honor -- MB-DC8A171F92D3E78D
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-735BF1753F2EF887

Please PM me if you receive a key that does not work.

Zia

Same here. I just finished Dark Souls and was feeling pretty good about myself but the initial curve in this game is rough. It's super fun and entertaining so I'll keep at it but, damn.

I think it a fun, pretty game, but it's also grind-to-win. It's intentionally near-impossible to progress past the first boss without at least a small handful of upgrades.

Gvaz

Banned
I'm gonna have to see if anyone will help me buy some games during this holiday season, as I'm broke till Dec 6 for my paycheck (well technically i have money but I need it in order to put down a security deposit this weekend for a new apartment, so i don't really have any money left)

for everyone away from family this holiday ;_;

woo just logged in and see that i won. <3 thanks trailmix16 unfortunately i won't be able to play it until tomorrow as i'll be cooking all day.

anyway i'll repost my giveaway here again:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Super Hexagon -- MB-9028CEA69837CA31
Sleeping Dogs -- MB-E1DED29024E913ED

t1385674771z1.png

be sure to enter

masterkajo

Damn, I guess I see we have some Origin haters in this thread (or you know, these keys hit a major saturation point). Oh well. I guess I have to give out some Steam keys to butter them up first.

Mystery Game #1 is Guardians of Middle-Earth and Batman is Batman Arkham City GOTY.

Please PM me if you receive a key that does not work.

Perfect Timing. Thanks for Batman:AO DLC. Just grabbed the base game from Amazon for $19.99.

denx

I said I would only buy the Wizardry bundle (6, 7 and 8) yesterday. Ended up buying the Wizardry bundle, Jet Set Radio, Faerie Solitaire, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, Wasteland, Guns of Icarus and The Dig.

Welp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom